[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strange

Clubfoothead

I thought I had pretty eclectic taste in music. What I've learned over the last two weeks or so is that I don't like Rush, the Beatles, the Eagles, the Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd, the Who, SRV or the Pretenders.

Total songs in my music catalog by these artists: Here Comes the Sun unless there's a cover I'm missing. I'll leave the station on when I hear Winslow or Chain Gang.

The influence of these bands is undeniable. I'm not even saying they suck, I just don't care for them. Given my musical tastes, I am amazed I don't like the Allman Brothers. I was shocked when I looked at them as a list of bands I just don't care for. Maybe I've got one foot in the grave as I passed on free Slayer and Rush tickets this week...

I'm going to add Radiohead to the list of bands I think I should like but don't.

I thought I had pretty eclectic taste in music. What I've learned over the last two weeks or so is that I don't like Rush, the Beatles, the Eagles, the Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd, the Who, SRV or the Pretenders.

Okay, then. GFY.

been bagging on them a lot lately, but still I would have to say rush. on paper, they sound like a band I would like or at least appreciate to some degree. but whenever I actually hear them I want to break something.

another one is the grateful dead. :wacko:

and whoever said travelling wilburys, good call, even if it's kind of a sitting duck. not only is the whole less than the sum of the parts, but I would say the sum is significantly less than EACH part individually.

Agree with Rush, Grateful Dead and Pearl Jam (although I saw Rush live years ago, and they were great musicians - I think it's Geddy Lee's voice that kills it for me)

Also, I change the station IMMEDIATELY upon hearing any of the following:

The Police/Sting

The Cars

Talking Heads

John Cougar Mellancamp

any post 1970's Rod Stewart

I'm talking about my catalog of stuff I've purchased for myself over the last 25 years.

I don't own any Pearl Jam either.

wow, seriously?

easily my favorite band, and up there with the best in the past 20 or so years.

for me probably Radiohead or Foo Fighters

Edited by wildcat2334

The influence of these bands is undeniable. I'm not even saying they suck, I just don't care for them.

Refreshing to see someone who gets the difference ie how much you like a band (or not) doesn't = how good/bad they are.

I hate the Rolling Stones but not saying they're bad and don't deny their place in rock. And I can count on one hand the songs I like or can even stomach by Led Zep or Lynyrd Skynyrd. Rush is insanely talented but only a few songs I care for also.