[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB vs Chi....

rocknrobn26

:wacko:

I wouldn't be feeling to great about yourself. Your team has a massive problem with the passing attack.

So the Bears didn't deserve this win???

Bulldiaper dirt!

Tough game between two good teams.

Nobody walks off that field embarrassed! NOBODY!!!

Sans Mark Tauscher. He put on a falst start clinic tonight.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stat...

Jermichael Finley is on pace for 90+ catches and 1413 yards receiving. Scary thing is I think he can keep this up.

I'll agree w/ that. He was the sole survivor in a dynasty league I'm in playing against me.

Good pick Big John! Good game! :wacko:

So the Bears didn't deserve this win???

Bulldiaper dirt!

Tough game between two good teams.

Nobody walks off that field embarrassed! NOBODY!!!

Oh please.

The Packers had 20 penalties and could have been called for 10 more/

Blocked FG, dropped passes in the end zone, dropped INT's, called for an interference penalty on a terribly thrown ball by Cutler that should have been and was intercepted, fumbling on the winning drive, terrible special teams play, terrible clock management, bone-headed challenge, and on and on, but yeah nobody should be embarrassed by this one. :wacko:

Oh please.

Blocked FG, dropped passes in the end zone, dropped INT's, called for an interference penalty on a terribly thrown ball by Cutler that should have been and was intercepted, fumbling on the winning drive, terrible special teams play, terrible clock management, bone-headed challenge, and on and on, but yeah nobody should be embarrassed by this one. :wacko:

You make a convincing case. IMO, the Packers certainly didn't help themselves but it's worth remembering the bonehead decision to go for it on 4th and a foot, the second time Lovie has called that this season at home and failed. Each time he's got away with it by a whisker.

Oh please.

Slice it as thin or as thick as you want...this is the NFL. Both teams played their hearts out. You can't take that away.

Slice it as thin or as thick as you want...this is the NFL. Both teams played their hearts out. You can't take that away.

No no no. No such things as hard faught close games. Any time a game is decided by a small margin it's clearly the officials fault. For the love of pete, we sound like Seahawks fans.

Second Monday in a row a team outplayed there opponent yet with lack of discipline and plenty of mistakes they lost PERIOD!! Good Job Bears you did what it took to win and look to have a very strong team this year. Packers have a great team as well but with that offensive lines lack of discipline it may just be the reason you watch the bowl from the couch again this year. Mistakes like that tonight are a dagger in the heart of a good team.

Congrats to Da Bears!! :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

No no no. No such things as hard faught close games. Any time a game is decided by a small margin it's clearly the officials fault. For the love of pete, we sound like Seahawks fans.

Well that comment sends me home. All close games are up to the officials. I got ya.

Good night.

Peace.

Well that comment sends me home. All close games are up to the officials. I got ya.

Good night.

Peace.

pon was clearly being sarcastic, my friend.

Sure, GB can bitch about the officials, but most of the REALLY damaging calls were pretty clear, and self inflicted.

Bears won it, straight up. As a Packer fan, I see a winnable game that GB let slip through their fingers, which is frustrating, but I'm not going to take anything away from the Bears. One team did what had to be done in crunch time, the other one, didn't. It's that simple.

Sure, GB can bitch about the officials, but most of the REALLY damaging calls were pretty clear, and self inflicted.

Bears won it, straight up. As a Packer fan, I see a winnable game that GB let slip through their fingers, which is frustrating, but I'm not going to take anything away from the Bears. One team did what had to be done in crunch time, the other one, didn't. It's that simple.

:wacko::tup:

GB had the game won and the blatant dumb mistakes took that away. Their D/ST played well all night except for some of these calls and the punt return. Either way, both teams had a shot to take the "Win".

It will be a good game at Lambeau....and if Favre...Cutler doesn't cut down on his INT's 'Da Bears could be in a bad way.

The Bears won because the Packers beat themselves (badly) and the Bears found a way to hang around long enough and make just enough plays to hang on.

Shame on any Packer fan who makes excuses of the officials changing the game. GB made way too many mistakes to expect to go into Soldier Field and win.

And say what you want about CHI, but they are finding ways to walk out after the day is done with a W. That says a lot and does nothing but build confidence.

Looking forward eagerly to the return match up in Lambeau.

The Bears won because the Packers beat themselves (badly) and the Bears found a way to hang around long enough and make just enough plays to hang on.

Shame on any Packer fan who makes excuses of the officials changing the game. GB made way too many mistakes to expect to go into Soldier Field and win.

And say what you want about CHI, but they are finding ways to walk out after the day is done with a W. That says a lot and does nothing but build confidence.

I credit the officials for not throwing more flags. It looked to me that unless the Packer lineman were actually tackling Peppers rather than simply holding him they weren't going to throw the flag.

I credit the officials for not throwing more flags. It looked to me that unless the Packer lineman were actually tackling Peppers rather than simply holding him they weren't going to throw the flag.

That was as bad an officiating job as I have seen in a long long time. It didn't cost GB the game, but just the same the refs were in well beyond their capabilities and competency.

Thanks for picking up on that. I'm somewhat amused that you even had to post that.

Agree again. I would take an ugly 3-0 in which one team shot themselves in the foot every chance they got opposed to 2-1 and having a foot full of bullet holes.

If you're going to call those, then Matthews was held on nearly every play. In reality, you can technically call holding on the vast majority of plays. Usually it's pretty bad to get a flag thrown.

And in no way is the above complaining about "no calls"

That was as bad an officiating job as I have seen in a long long time. It didn't cost GB the game, but just the same the refs were in well beyond their capabilities and competency.

I agree with this mostly and let me add that I apologize if I was whining too much on the calls. The Packers did not lose because of the refs - the Packers lost because of penalties and I did not see any penalties that should NOT have been called. They screwed up and the penalties that were called should have been called and the Packers lost this game (not the refs).

I would go as far as saying that the Roughing the QB call on the Packers was debatable and shuld not have been called against the Bears IMO. Also the one hold that was called was pretty iffy against the Bears.

My biggest complaint was that there could have been a hold on that punt return and if you watch it again you can not say that there was not a hold - I just want some consistency - even they call that hold the Packers still did not deserve to win with play like that.