[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Tate #1 if Moss goes?

michaelman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tate will be more likely to have fantasy relevant games here and there against good matchups, but will not be consistent. I agree that Hernandez sees a nice bump. I think Welker stays about the same.

Welker may get shadowed by the other teams top CB , so I think he takes a big hit. Unless N.E. gets a legitimate vertical threat defenses put more men close to the line of scrimmage, which really hurts the area of the field Welker has made a living in. This move to me signals the Pats confidence in their defense and running game. I did just grab VJax in case something crazy were to happen, and NE went after him. I doubt it, but worth a roster spot until Oct. 19 now.

Hernedez is the guy that gets a HUGE bump in value in this deal. He is already emerging as a go to guy for Brady, this makes his value skyrocket.

This... Maybe Hernandez becomes the big red zone target w/ Randy no longer there for that role?

To me this screams of ego on Belichick's part. Like he is so good they can win without Moss. VERY difficult to argue they are better without Moss. I think they are clearly much worse. How many guys would trade a stud WR like Moss mid season? I can't think of many, which is why to me this screams ego driven maniac on Bill's part.

As for value, I guess Tate gets some now. He goes from no role to I guess starting. Welker maybe drops a little, but remember the types of passes he catches anyway, short little dink and dunk stuff. Not sure how much no Moss affects that. And since week 1 has Welker really done that much anyway?

But to me overall I think this hurts almost everyone on the O. Brady doesn't take a huge hit losing Moss? Everyone seems to love Hernandez now, and yes I think he gets a few more targets and a few more catches, BUT not having Moss getting double and triple covered will hurt ALL the NE players on O IMO.

I think you are all WAY underselling Moss' value in that regard. DRAWING multiple guys in coverage. You all act like oh Hernandez will get more throws now so he'll gain a lot here? Really? If I was D coordinator going against NE I argue he is my # 1 target to stop and I put a LB and S on him. Think about it. Welker hasn't been great this year and is coming off major surgery. Plus he runs his routes, short and over the middle. The most explosive player on that O now just may be Hernandez. And even if they give Welker more attention I PROMISE you Hernandez will also get more attention from D's and coaches on the other teams now as well. He is a rookie TE. Can he handle it?

So to me if I owned ANY Pats player on O, I would not like this deal. There goes the one guy who time and time again draws 2 and 3 men to him, and I really think MANY of you are missing that point.

I suspect NWE isn't done yet with their trading. They don't really have enough depth at WR right now unless they plan on upping Edelmans role??

NE could make the 2 biggest deals of the season, trading Moss and landing VJax. I think NE would be tickled to get that swap. Moss is nearing the end of a magnificent career and VJax is a top 6-8 WR in the game AND 6 years younger. NE has 2 picks in the 3rd. The value of DJax to NE may be well worth that deal. What do you NE Homers think?

NE could make the 2 biggest deals of the season, trading Moss and landing VJax. I think NE would be tickled to get that swap. Moss is nearing the end of a magnificent career and VJax is a top 6-8 WR in the game AND 6 years younger. NE has 2 picks in the 3rd. The value of DJax to NE may be well worth that deal. What do you NE Homers think?

Very interesting post. If VJAX goes with Brady his value will sky rocket.

Very interesting post. If VJAX goes with Brady his value will sky rocket.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that VJax trade if I were you.

I would however, look for Hoodie to try his best to make Brandon Tate look like a star in their next game, just to rub Randy's nose in it, and to send the message that Hoodie is still the genius.

Edited by rattsass

I totally agree with this post.

The one team in the NFL in position to give what it takes to get V-Jax is NE. They have 2 picks in each of the top 4 rds in next years draft.

They got off to a hot start at 3-1, they are on a bye this week and V-Jax can play starting week 7 or 8(not sure which) so they would only be a game or 2 without a true #1 WR before he could be activated.

The whole scenario makes sense.

I totally agree with this post.

The one team in the NFL in position to give what it takes to get V-Jax is NE. They have 2 picks in each of the top 4 rds in next years draft.

They got off to a hot start at 3-1, they are on a bye this week and V-Jax can play starting week 7 or 8(not sure which) so they would only be a game or 2 without a true #1 WR before he could be activated.

The whole scenario makes sense.

They don't need VJax.

They don't need VJax.

I disagree completely. Their offense for the last several years has been devised around a vertical threat. In addition, how long has it been since they have had to rely on a consistent running game.....Ellis, Tayor , Woodhead doesn't scare defenses. Tate will not be a matchup problem for any NFL defense. I'd expect many 1 on 1's with him, leaving 2 more defenders to blanket the middle of the field. Disrupting Welker, Hernandez and the running game. NE is the ONE team that really needs VJax , now that Minnesota seems to have taken care of the issue. DJax situation is much like Moss when he came to NE . While the deal may be unlikely, I bet they are considering it for sure.

I disagree completely. Their offense for the last several years has been devised around a vertical threat. In addition, how long has it been since they have had to rely on a consistent running game.....Ellis, Tayor , Woodhead doesn't scare defenses. Tate will not be a matchup problem for any NFL defense. I'd expect many 1 on 1's with him, leaving 2 more defenders to blanket the middle of the field. Disrupting Welker, Hernandez and the running game. NE is the ONE team that really needs VJax , now that Minnesota seems to have taken care of the issue. DJax situation is much like Moss when he came to NE . While the deal may be unlikely, I bet they are considering it for sure.

They wouldn't have made this trade if they didn't think they could make it work the way the roster is right now. Do you seriously think the Pats braintrust made this trade HOPING they could snag Vjax from a team they may face in the playoffs? A team with an owner that is nearly impossible to negotiate with? Seems pretty far-fetched. Not saying it couldn't happen, but just seems unlikely to me.

I hate to even say this, but with the "Law Firm" and Woodhead running and catching passes out of their backfield, I think they have the best running game they have had in many a year. Is it the best in the league? Heck no, but I think the running game, and passes out of the backfield increase, and the TE, Woodhead, and Welker will continue their underneath game, while the long ball suffers, but Tate does have increased value.

We have to throw out a name here that could really have the biggest boost with the Moss deal

Taylor Price should be activated to the roster. He was an eye opener for the coaching staff in training camp. Price started 38 of 52 games for Ohio and set a school record with 149 receptions. He was the 2010 3rd round selection for NE

If you have a deep roster keeper league or dynasty league, I would certainly not waste time grabbing him now.

Edited by theeohiostate