[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fairness of trade involving Forsett...

Goopster24

Backwards. Accept the deal in principle and then consummate it on the league site. Once its processed on the site, it should not be undone.

In the BOTH League Weapons of DMD , we accept it on MFL, but it's not official until both owners post on our forums to approve the trade. Either way, it's better then an open invitation trade.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goopster, was this you who offered the trade?

I thought that was pretty obvious from his passionate replies.

As far as the trade goes, I think it should stand. While I sympathize with the situation, it is very dangerous to start making assumptions about motives and rescinding trades based on perceived value.

You seem to be most upset that he is knowingly ripping someone off. That he worked the system and is being unfair. But what if he actually didn't know about the deal at all. I know in this case you said he did, but if he did not know and just took the deal as it was, would that change how you feel?

This is exactly why I rarely propose trades before I've had email discussions with the person on the other side of the table first. I don't leave trades hanging out there like that.

that doesn't fix this. let's say you work out a deal with someone involving two players. the two of you come to terms, and one person says "go ahead and propose it through the site and I'll accept when I get home from work tonight". then the guy gets home and find out the player he would be getting is out 6 weeks with a groin injury. obviously he can just not hit the accept button, and, under most league rules, there is no trade. would a guy do that? you hope not, but you also hope a guy wouldn't accept the trade in this thread with his additional knowledge after the fact.

so the only way you can truly be safe is to always insist that the other guy in your league always initiate the trades on the site. otherwise, you are always leaving yourself an opening to get screwed.

or you can simply have some common sense to where any trade whose terms change significantly between the time it is offered and the time it is accepted, the offerer can back out. if either team wants out of a trade before the trade is consummated, what exactly is the harm in letting them?

that KFFL reported the trade before Grendade made the offer...

Seahawks | Marshawn Lynch acquired from Buffalo

Comment (8) Tweet! Share on Facebook

Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:30:01 -0700

-700 is Pacific time, so this is 2:30 EST, right in the window in question.

I think it's mountain time as that's where I live. I think EST is -5? And that would make it about 30 minutes prior to the trade being offered, yeah?

Yep just caught this, but not sure that's accurate - maybe the tweet is timestamped by local time? No one was reporting this trade at 1:30 EST - not ESPN, not Huddle, no one.

EDIT: Am I not taking DST into consideration?

Nah you were right, I was missing the DST adjust on what I was looking at.

Edited by flemingd

Actually there are two question here rolled into one.

Is this a legal trade? Yes, it is. Trade proposer beware.

Is this a honorable trade? No, it is not. The trade acceptor must act with honor and integrity because the next time a trade invovles him this could happen to him. And he will B%^&h about too.

On the question of fairness, most of us play online and don't know who we are playing so Honor and Integirty are very important just like in the futures market. We trust all managers to act according to the rules and not to seek to gain advantage will clear evidence says a situation is unfair.

From goopster

You can argue he may be a dink, but it aint like he sat around for days and then jumped at it. Was less than an hour. And even if it was days, doesnt really matter. Both seller and buyer need to be aware in a trade.

this +1,000,000 , 25 mins after is not letting it sit around for awhile , by anyones standard.

Apologize for not being clear. The person who proposed the trade was trading for Forsett, thinking Lynch was obviously not there. That changed in the short time the trade was reviewed, the person giving up Forsett clicked accept, obviously knowing that Forsett was now not the feature back.

Good for him. :wacko:

Too bad for the guy proposing, he should have done his homework.

Edited by CowboysDiehard