[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fairness of trade involving Forsett...

Goopster24

I'm surprised by the responses here. 22 minutes after the trade was proposed, the value of a player involved in the deal changed DRAMATICALLY. That isn't fair and like someone has stated here, not everyone is in front of a computer 24/7 to pull the trade.

If CJ was involved in a trade proposal and was involved in a car crash 15 minutes after it was proposed and it was deemed he'd be out for the season, wouldn't that trade offer be unfair? Value has changed dramatically, shortly after the trade was proposed, and the person who accepted it used that to their advantage.

Now you're getting into perceived value and "fairness" and that can be an extremely slippery slope.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're getting into perceived value and "fairness" and that can be an extremely slippery slope.

Oh c'mon! Are you really willing to argue that Lynch's value didn't go up?

Sure it's a slippery slope but do you not agree something dramatically changed via the complexion of the trade 22 minutes after it was proposed?

Oh c'mon! Are you really willing to argue that Lynch's value didn't go up?

His perceived value has. There is no guarantee of what he'll do on the field. Its extremely likely he'll be a better fantasy player now, but (again) no guarantees. We dont really know what any of the players involved will do and that's why its dangerous to start over-turning things based on what is thought to happen.

Propose trades at your own risk and live with the results :wacko:

His perceived value has. There is no guarantee of what he'll do on the field. Its extremely likely he'll be a better fantasy player now, but (again) no guarantees. We dont really know what any of the players involved will do and that's why its dangerous to start over-turning things based on what is thought to happen.

Propose trades at your own risk and live with the results :wacko:

All true, but my point was that it is clear to everyone involved that Lynch's value changed dramatically, while Hernandez' value is open to considerable debate. Besides, Hernandez' value was possibly affected AFTER the trade was accepted, and Lynch's was changed BEFORE the deal was completed. Again, big difference.

Forsett is not Chris Johnson first of all. He has done little to nothing this year and was involved in a RBBC in Seattle. He is still involved in a RBBC since the Seahawks let Jones go. What is the problem? You don't know how they will use him going forward. His value changed VERY LITTLE. The trade should stand.

found myself in the same situation, but the deal was proposed and accepted via personal message, not even at league site, but i had said it was a deal, so its a deal. bad form to back out of a deal you agreed to.

This.

how about this, you tell us the response that you want and we'll give it as you clearly didn't get it from your FBG thread either :wacko:

You don't have to be an a** about it because you're assuming it was me in the other forum and I've never been there so please shut it. If you don't want to say anything, then don't, ok? No one asked you to regulate the forums and be an a** about people's questions/opinions.

how about this, you tell us the response that you want and we'll give it as you clearly didn't get it from your FBG thread either :wacko:

There's an identical thread over on that other board. If it's not you, it's someone else from your league.

You two-timers. How can you do this to DMD? :tup:

Edited by cre8tiff

just for a slightly different view...the Seahawks average the 27th fewest rushing yards/game 79.5 and are 23rd in YPC (3.6)...if you are an owner that is trading for Forsett you have to realize that there is risk involved...could be him losing carries to another back or a possible trade to solidify the position.

what about the fact that Hernandez's value went up?

What if Lynch gets arrested before he even arrives in SEA? Do you re-reverse the trade?

how the hell does this matter? only thing that matters is if the person who proposed the trade under one factual scenario still wants it to go through with the drastic change in circumstance. if he thinks hernandez' value went up significantly, then maybe he still wants to do the deal. but it doesn't sound like that is the case.

Not the job of the commissioner to ensure that nothing has changed between when a trade is proposed and accepted - that is the purview of the individual owners involved. This is just a case of bad timing.

Were I the owner sending Forsett I personally would handle it differently, largely because I try to make trades where both parties feel like they benefited. Makes it easier to trade with the same owner in the future. So in this situation I would have allowed the other owner to back out. As a commissioner I would not take any action to reverse the trade.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Trade should stand for a few reasons:

1 - I'm guessing this is the case is that there are any number of ways to propose and accept a trade, not just via the website. If not, you should look into that.

2 - Bad timing sucks, but that's life.

I mean really, if the accepting owner doesn't want a do over then that's that. You only open a door to a slippery slope in the future if someone steps in and tries to have it undone. Clearly you play in a sane league that doesn't require owner trade approval outside the trading parties so there's really no way to go with this other than let it stand.

I think we are all missing the point here...........

Instead of viewing the trade, let's put a little emphasis on the dick that would..........

See a trade proposed.........

Sit around for awhile, not really feeling the deal.........

Turn on ESPN and see the news...........

Jump on his 'puter, like it's his dog on prom night.........

Then knowingly screw another owner...........

The commish needs to follow the league rules. According to the league rules, when can a commish veto a trade? If is is just in cases of collusion, then this trade has to stand. I would never trade with the guy who took advantage of the situation and may not ask him back next year, but you can't just make up rules in the middle of a season.

All the debate about the players values going up and down is worthless. The trade was proposed and it was acepted. End of story. The commish needs to rule on this and end all the drama.

Instead of viewing the trade, let's put a little emphasis on the dick that would..........

From goopster

Proposed by Grenade Extraction (Jonathan Ede), Oct 5, 2:05 PM ET

Accepted by Team Shiffman, Oct 5, 2:54 PM ET

You can argue he may be a dink, but it aint like he sat around for days and then jumped at it. Was less than an hour. And even if it was days, doesnt really matter. Both seller and buyer need to be aware in a trade.

Edited by Delicious_bass

No doubt one owner is acting like an ass. Unfortunately it is not the job of the commissioner to make sure all trades happen in a timely fashion and before something changes that impacts the balance of the trade.

This is the risk owners take when they don't pick up the phone and talk thru the trade with the other owner ... throwing a trade out there in cyberspace waiting for the other owner to see/react to the trade. The way to do the trade is to converse with the other guy, agree to the trade AND THEN consummate it on the league website.

I see no issue with this. Would I accept the offer the way the dude at issue did? No, but I couldn't be too upset if I were on the other end and someone else accepted - it was my risk and my risk alone to make the offer. This is exactly why I rarely propose trades before I've had email discussions with the person on the other side of the table first. I don't leave trades hanging out there like that.

No doubt one owner is acting like an ass. Unfortunately it is not the job of the commissioner to make sure all trades happen in a timely fashion and before something changes that impacts the balance of the trade.

This is the risk owners take when they don't pick up the phone and talk thru the trade with the other owner ... throwing a trade out there in cyberspace waiting for the other owner to see/react to the trade. The way to do the trade is to converse with the other guy, agree to the trade AND THEN consummate it on the league website.

I agree. It's important to have rules in place fellas !! I love the idea of accepting a deal on MFL, then consummating it on the forums or message board.

We have all sent out trade offers, and accidentally let them stand and sometimes forget about them.

I agree. It's important to have rules in place fellas !! I love the idea of accepting a deal on MFL, then consummating it on the forums or message board.

We have all sent out trade offers, and accidentally let them stand and sometimes forget about them.

Backwards. Accept the deal in principle and then consummate it on the league site. Once its processed on the site, it should not be undone.