[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Soundgarden

JUMbotron

I dunno. . . Black Hole Sun sounds much more like radio play/mainstream nuthugging than Spoonman.

I'd agree. "Black Hole Sun" is played WAY more, and it's a worse song.

I'm sorry but I must say that Spoonman is their worst song. Way too overplayed. That is what makes me dislike it more b/c they have so many other songs that were better yet never played on the radio. Spoonman made them mainstream and was their "sell out song". No offense.

None taken, but at least it does have a cool story behind it. I was merely pointing out a song that hadn't been mentioned, which was one that did lead to their success/following. I have all their albums so I like plenty of their songs.

None taken, but at least it does have a cool story behind it. I was merely pointing out a song that hadn't been mentioned, which was one that did lead to their success/following. I have all their albums so I like plenty of their songs.

Thanks. You are right, at least Spoonman has a true story behind it, whereas Black Hole Sun just has a wierd video. LoL. I truly believe that Soundgarden's sound is the defintion of grunge rock. Not the best Grunge band (AIC in my book), but their sound sums up the whole scene. If and when one of my children wants to know what Grunge Rock was, then the first band I will play him will be Soundgarden.

Of course, the movie Singles all but signaled the end of that musical era; at least it had a good soundtrack.

Thanks. You are right, at least Spoonman has a true story behind it, whereas Black Hole Sun just has a wierd video. LoL. I truly believe that Soundgarden's sound is the defintion of grunge rock. Not the best Grunge band (AIC in my book), but their sound sums up the whole scene. If and when one of my children wants to know what Grunge Rock was, then the first band I will play him will be Soundgarden.

Of course, the movie Singles all but signaled the end of that musical era; at least it had a good soundtrack.

disagree - while Soundgarden was great, they came from more of a Zeppelin/Sabbath heavier sound. I think both Nirvana and more-so Pearl Jam defined the grunge era sound.

All fn great bands, and I am a hugh AIC fan as well

Wow, saw them loally at a small club in '91. Raw, powerful, crazy, Cornell being a waayyyy talented, full of himself jack knob, even then. That said still love them, his solo stuff and Audioslave and saw them all since. Kim is one underated guitarist for sure.

Day I tried to Live

Big Bottom

off the top of me head.....

Edited by Hugh B Tool

• 5 weeks later...
You want the definition of grunge, try this.

No $hit. When I can't find that CD, I am not happy. One of my favorite all time albums. It is almost perfect.

My favorite Soungarden songs would have to be:

Rusty Cage

Gun

Head Injury

Full on Kevin's Mom always started a fight since Kevin is my little brother.