[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you wanna see a REAL movie this year...

tazinib1

True Grit

This movie looks EPIC and the Coen Brothers have yet again, delivered a masterpiece. If you're not a Coen Brothers fan, you are missing out on some of the best movies you'll ever see. And Jeff Bridges is hitting every project he enters with a freaken vengeance.

The cinematography in the trailer looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait for this one to hit the big screen.

Edited by tazinib1

Taz, is Hollywood lost their guts? Why so many re-makes? I mean, they are actually gonna try and tell me they are gonna improve John Wayne's work? The guy was more than what you see on film, he was an iconic legend that influenced half the nation during his life. I love the Cohen Bros. and Jeff Bridges, but couldn't they have come up with an origianl film? Talk about seeing dollar $ign$... Some Hollywood production companies are too scared to take a chance these days. Not to be hating, but ...

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Is a western a western now a days if it doesn't have Sam Elliot in it? My favorite western actor behind The Duke. To give you an idea of how much I like westerns, one of my dogs is named Duke J-Dub.

I had a dog named Duke as well when I was a kid.

True Grit is one of my favorite JW movies, this one could be good but IMO shouldn't be compared with the original.

I had a dog named Duke as well when I was a kid.

True Grit is one of my favorite JW movies, this one could be good but IMO shouldn't be compared with the original.

I would think the Coens are going to have a different take from the source material than the original did.

Still, most remakes are, at best, superfluous. For every clear upgrade - say, Ocean's Eleven - there are about 5 that don't come close to how good the original was.

But Coens + Bridges? Yeah, I'm there.

Agreed. But the Coen Brothers are a different breed altogether. I typically don't like to see John Wayne movies messed with...especially True Grit. This adaptation looks EPIC in every sense of the word.

Agreed. But the Coen Brothers are a different breed altogether. I typically don't like to see John Wayne movies messed with...especially True Grit. This adaptation looks EPIC in every sense of the word.

Funny, I never "got" the John Wayne thing, so I went on a binge of his movies.

What I found odd is that I really don't buy Wayne as a WW II guy. At all. Something about him takes me right out of the setting. But I can get on board with him in a Western no problem.

You guys are taking advice on a manly movie from someone who posts like a jr high girl on facebook? :wacko: