[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time Travel

Savage Beatings

Why wouldn't the time traveler just go back in time and edit or destroy the film?

Duh... becuase that would disrupt their current timeline and cause Furd to impregnate his Grandmother making him his own Grandpa. That's just not natural.

Duh... becuase that would disrupt their current timeline and cause Furd to impregnate his Grandmother making him his own Grandpa. That's just not natural.

Kinky

There are only three possible way to travel in time: Two proven and one theoretical

1. Travel at 99.9% the speed of light away from the earth and back. You will travel forward in time.

2. Park next to an object with an infinite mass/infinite gravity. You will travel forward in time.

3. Produce a wormhole with two stable points and then send the furthest point away at the speed of light and then snap it back. The end that traveled away and back will be thousands of years in the future while the stationary point will remain in the current time (Even if they are right next to each other).

Traveling back in time isn't possible unless you subscribe to the multiverse theory. If you do and if that is a mobile phone, then it's a phone not from our plane.

There are only three possible way to travel in time: Two proven and one theoretical

1. Travel at 99.9% the speed of light away from the earth and back. You will travel forward in time.

2. Park next to an object with an infinite mass/infinite gravity. You will travel forward in time.

3. Produce a wormhole with two stable points and then send the furthest point away at the speed of light and then snap it back. The end that traveled away and back will be thousands of years in the future while the stationary point will remain in the current time (Even if they are right next to each other).

Traveling back in time isn't possible unless you subscribe to the multiverse theory. If you do and if that is a mobile phone, then it's a phone not from our plane.

I subscribe to the multiverse theory.

If you ask wiegie real nice, he'll tell you how to open a garage door from a distance using a cell phone.

:wacko: Car door furd..car door.

The hearing aid theory has my vote. Back in the day they were bulky.

Why wouldn't the time traveler just go back in time and edit or destroy the film?

You can only think that if the thesis has merit* the time traveler INTENDED for herself to be seen in the movie. After all, back in that time, it wasn't like today when people catch all kinds of stuff on camera phones and all that; this was probably a painstakingly constructed and lit set on a SOUNDSTAGE. You would have to have oodles of intent to actually be captured on the film (and to be captured in a shot that didn't end up on the cutting room floor for whatever reason).

The question is, to what end?

* - I don't, Devil's Advocacy here

Not to get all Thews/Brentastic :wacko: here, but there is the view (I think it's generally a quantum/Buddhist view) that time doesn't necessarily "move", it's just that we PERCEIVE it that way. In which case, if you were evolved to a level of perception beyond that of the average person, who is capable of such things but remains anchored by a focus on the here and now, you COULD move back and forth up your own timeline.

Of course, you wouldn't be actually TRAVELLING in time - any moreso than we already do - but just perceiving it in a different way. In which case you wouldn't be bringing a cellphone back with you.

:wacko: Car door furd..car door.

The hearing aid theory has my vote. Back in the day they were bulky.

they were still larger than a cell phone and I mean not as thin.....no technology at that time was as thin as was suggested by the person holding said device....

I'm still baffled...and what is up with the Abe Lincoln era shoes?...the 1920's fashion trend for shoes was goofy, but those shoes were "passe' " by about 70 years....

Since it was mentioned about the car door I will share a couple I know of (I may have posted this before, not sure so if I did - deal with it, fools)

Elevators:

The next time you are in an elevator you can press the close door and your floor number button at the same time and it will bypass all other floors in between, even if someone pressed the up/down arrows.

Vending Machines:

Most vending machines companies forget to change the standard password for accessing the machine's diagnostic tools when they purchase them. This standard password allows you access to a systems test for the mechanical systems that push your selection forward and drop it. This password is 4231 and you can simply type it in on the number pad