[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

major attack?

dmarc117

I'm so glad we can have a good honest dialogue around here without it being hijacked into subjects that revolve around ad hominem attacks and political nonsense. ::wacko:

I don't know how to quote multiple posts into one to reply one time to more than one previous post..

Square - you are right and my fault for hijacking this thread.

Dj and Bushwacked - you guys are also right - nobody here called me racist except myself. I saw this and it just got me a bit pissed off going back to earlier this week when Juan Williams lost his job because he was politically incorrect and then something like this happens.

Juan Williams said it best - we have a muslim problem going on in this world. It scares the crap out of me when I get on a plane and I see a few middle eastern people - I can't help those thoughts from going on in my mind but I guess that topic is for another time.

Not sure if this was a dry run or not but am happy they found these things and it makes me feel a bit better that we seem to be on the ball with reacting when we hear of a potential threat.

Sorry for the hijack (wow no pun intended)

I don't know how to quote multiple posts into one to reply one time to more than one previous post..

right next to where you have 'reply' button to respond to one's post, there is a quote button. If you choose multiple ones from several different posts and then choose add reply at the bottom of the page, you will be able to respond to multiple posts at one time.

Edited by millerx

right next to where you have 'reply' button to respond to one's post, there is a quote button. If you choose multiple ones fron several different posts and then choose add reply at the bottom of the page, you will be able to respond to multiple posts at one time.

Cool thx. Now you are the one who hijacked the thread. :wacko:

Juan Williams said it best - we have a muslim problem going on in this world. It scares the crap out of me when I get on a plane and I see a few middle eastern people - I can't help those thoughts from going on in my mind but I guess that topic is for another time.

This is so bigoted it is not even funny. Muslims as a whole follow a peaceful doctrine. It is the nut-jobs out there like Terry Jones who give all religions a bad rap. It is not racism, but bigotry, that you should be thinking about.

This is so bigoted it is not even funny. Muslims as a whole follow a peaceful doctrine. It is the nut-jobs out there like Terry Jones who give all religions a bad rap. It is not racism, but bigotry, that you should be thinking about.

well he is a product of those good christian values.

What about the saying "all terrorists are muslim, but not all muslims are terrorists." :tup:

well he is a product of those good christian values.

thankfully he didn't brainwash and send out his minions to blow up, shoot or behead as many Americans or "Westerners" as possible. But I can see where burning books is close to that. :wacko:

The didn't brainwash and send out his minions to blow up, shoot or behead as many Americans or "Westerners" as possible. But I can see where burning books is close to that. :wacko:

You might wanna read up on the history of Manifest Destiny or the Mountain Meadow Massacre.

Or maybe you'd just rather believe that a certain type of religion is completely innocent of the BS.

Edited by bushwacked

Or maybe you'd just rather believe that a certain type of religion is completely innocent of the BS.

I didn't say anything that even remotely spoke to the innocence of other religions, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Personally, I think there are problems with most organized religions... I just don't see how someone can compare the burning of books with innocent people being beheaded and the continuous attempts to blow s-hit up, all in the name of said religion. An assault on a persons beliefs is totally different than an attack on the actual person. One is a right of the first amendment, the other is a crime.

Is it your contention that most religions are just as violent and aggressive as we are currently seeing from these extreme muslim terrorists?

Is it your contention that most religions are just as violent and aggressive as we are currently seeing from these extreme muslim terrorists?

Negative ghost-rider. The only contention here is yours. And that contention is clear. You contend that radical Christians only burn books and radical Mooslooms behead people.

This is about what you said, not what I said. I didn't insinuate anything that ridiculously retarded.

Negative ghost-rider. The only contention here is yours. And that contention is clear. You contend that radical Christians only burn books and radical Mooslooms behead people.

This is about what you said, not what I said. I didn't insinuate anything that ridiculously retarded.

Good point, few mass murderers have ever existed who were opposed to Judeo-Christian theology. I mean other than Hitler, Stalin, Lincoln, PolPot, Mao, Lenin, Ho, Saladin, Bin Laden, Castro, and Khan Noonien Singh. All of the previously mentioned are dwarfed by Ben Franklin and James Monroe.

something tells me that if an equal amount of Christians were blowing people up - and an equal amount of Christians were dancing in the streets about it - and if Christians would riot over a cartoon (heck - riot and kill over dang near anything) and if they'd be the type to play soccer with a human head - that there'd be 1000x times more Christians up in arms over these acts and going out of their way to denouce these acts and stop these acts - than the amount of Muslims that are speaking out against Muslim fundalmentalism and Terror today.

thankfully he didn't brainwash and send out his minions to blow up, shoot or behead as many Americans or "Westerners" as possible. But I can see where burning books is close to that. :wacko:

the thing is - its not just Westerners. They kill each other for having a different brand of Islam.

something tells me that if an equal amount of Christians were blowing people up - and an equal amount of Christians were dancing in the streets about it - and if Christians would riot over a cartoon (heck - riot and kill over dang near anything) and if they'd be the type to play soccer with a human head - that there'd be 1000x times more Christians up in arms over these acts and going out of their way to denouce these acts and stop these acts - than the amount of Muslims that are speaking out against Muslim fundalmentalism and Terror today.

[whispering] Whatever you do, don't mention the IRA. [/whispering]

The logic was already said, these terrorists may be Muslims, but not all Muslims are terrorists.

Am I frustrated the moderate Muslims aren't speaking out more? Absolutely.

Do I wish all moderate religions would speak out more against their violent extremist fringe. Absolutely. Hell, even Buddhists have a violent fringe.

Religion is the single most powerful weapon ever conceived by man. Why are we surprised when looneys use it?

Well said.

People keep bringing up history and talking religion. Guess what - that was the past - the point is that right now our biggest threat are Muslim terrorists. I don't think anyone has said that ALL muslims are bad or evil. It seems people really try hard to read into peoples comments to try and label them or spin it in a way that helps the argument from their side.

Point is that right now we have a major terrorism issue and the MAJOR majority of these terrorists are muslim and along with them you see A LOT of so called non muslim terroists celebrating in the streets. That is what I mean by having a muslim problem in this world right now. I am sure most muslims are peaceful and great people but you can't hide behind the fact that there are a lot of muslim people out there that want to kill us. That is an issue in my book.

When a father performs and honor killing, is he an extremist?

When a mother mutilates her daughters vagina so she'll never enjoy intercourse, is that moderate?

When a gay man is assumed, and they bury him in the ground up to his neck, then the whole town surrounds him and pelts him with stones til he is dead, is that peaceful?

When a neighborhood watches 5 jihadi;s bury an IED, then stay silent and walk away as they watch American GI's approach the area and get blown to bits, is that love?

I wish some of you doves would fire up google and learn about the things mosques HERE IN THE US and the UK preach. It is ANYTHING but Peace & Love.

But of course, that wouldn't be politically correct. Head back in the sand.

When a father performs and honor killing, is he an extremist?

When a mother mutilates her daughters vagina so she'll never enjoy intercourse, is that moderate?

When a gay man is assumed, and they bury him in the ground up to his neck, then the whole town surrounds him and pelts him with stones til he is dead, is that peaceful?

When a neighborhood watches 5 jihadi;s bury an IED, then stay silent and walk away as they watch American GI's approach the area and get blown to bits, is that love?

I wish some of you doves would fire up google and learn about the things mosques HERE IN THE US and the UK preach. It is ANYTHING but Peace & Love.

But of course, that wouldn't be politically correct. Head back in the sand.

Again - this may happen but it is not the majority muslims.

People keep bringing up history and talking religion. Guess what - that was the past - the point is that right now our biggest threat are Muslim terrorists.

Right now, the biggest threats to me and my family are white-trash meth-labs and mexican/american drug runners.