[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Gates Can't go...

Rovers

ESPN just said Gates is out today.

Just saw that. Great news IMO. I rather have him get 3 full weeks off until their week 11 game. You would think that would go a long way to getting him at least close to 100%.

Crazy inury year though. Lost Clayton and Clark for the year. And now Gates for at least a game. Good thing I have Tamme and Hernandez, but still tough year.

Who would have thought with Clark AND Gates I'd have questions at TE.

Nice! I have a bye week hole to fill in a 2 TE league, had to decide last night between McMichael, Dreesen or D Lee. Trying to guess which starter on those teams was least likely to play. I chose McMichael. Word.

Edited by PPIchamp

Just saw that. Great news IMO. I rather have him get 3 full weeks off until their week 11 game. You would think that would go a long way to getting him at least close to 100%.

Yeah, this hurts for today but I'd rather have him for the stretch drive.

OK, now that Gates is out does anyone think McMichael is actually worth playing this week?

Had to because Daniels is out too and he was my only TE in one league. Out of the dross left over, McMichael seems like the best bet. I'm gonna guess 40 yards and if we're lucky, a TD. He may be helped by the WR issue in SD.

OK, now that Gates is out does anyone think McMichael is actually worth playing this week?

I grabbed McMichael yesterday, but with Daniels out in Houston, I dumped McMichael for Dresson and am playing him.

McMicael wasn't even looked at last time Gates was out. With Floyd out also. Dresson on the other hand has looked good when given the chances.

In addition, for us Gates owners. SD is on bye next week and with Dresson we may be able to utilize him for 2 weeks.

Edited by theeohiostate

I grabbed McMichael yesterday, but with Daniels out in Houston, I dumped McMichael for Dresson and am playing him.

McMicael wasn't even looked at last time Gates was out. With Floyd out also. Dresson on the other hand has looked good when given the chances.

In addition, for us Gates owners. SD is on bye next week and with Dresson we may be able to utilize him for 2 weeks.

Going on that week 6 game is a mistake. I've seen Gates get ignored for a half, and McMicheal has been getting all of the first team practice reps for 3 weeks now. Thinking McMicheal would be ignored in this game was... obviously a mistake.

Not that I had another option, but McMicheal sure did deliver today. I think I made a pretty good case for his chances, but it's FF, and it could have been a complete bust call just as easilly.

Holy Schnikes.....we thought it would....did this really work out????? McMichael...2 TDs!!!! Yes it did!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else rollin' the dice with McMichael Monday night? Seems like a lot of the SD WR's are gimpy and so is Gates. The start/bench and weekly predictions don't even mention McMichael... SD homers :wacko:

edit to add: sorry for bumping this...

Edited by Thews40

Anyone else rollin' the dice with McMichael Monday night?

I haven't dropped McMichael in case Gates is out longer term or has a setback, but I'm not going to push my luck this week. I was happy McMichael delivered, but going forward, I was disappointed with the mere 2 times he was targeted, even it it was in the red zone.

In week 9, I had no other options due to JAX's bye, but this week I'm going with Marcedes Lewis.

I need to something more from McMichael than 2 catches for 23 yards if I'm going to start him regularly. We kind of lucked out in week 9.