[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Ryan - what are you doing on the bench?

Furd

I had him on my bench in favor of Big Ben against NE & Garrard against HOU. I figured Ryan would put up a solid 35-40 points but I didn't think he had a shot in hell at putting up the 69.4 he ended up with :wacko: .

I did the same, benched Ryan for Garrard. He should put up decent numbers, close if not more than Ryan.

Ryan only scored 28 in my league.

I did the same, benched Ryan for Garrard.

Same here. As a Falcons homer I didn't see this one coming. In my pick'em league I took BAL since they matched up very well with ATL. The big difference was Ryan because prior to this one they didn't win games when relying on him. They've worked on and used the hurry up before but not to that extent. It was Manning-esque. Ryan carried the offense and the defense when they inevitably started to give way.

It was also good to see Jenkins step up.

Sometimes it better not to have a second option

I am becoming more and more of a fan of the best players automatically start type of league. Otherwise you can often end up "penalized" for drafting/etc wisely and having great depth and getting killed by the bad luck of a bad week from the better player, or 2 good players where it's a coin flip.

Anyway Ryan is definitely one of the best backup QBs FF wise I have ever seen. He's almost never flashy like the other night, but has been extremely steady and while I want better options hopefully to start, would love to have him as insurance.

you guys are upset you benched Ryan without seeing what your starter is going to do.

Well, I'm not sure how many people are "upset" by it.

Its an interesting aspect of the Thusrsday game, A guy on your bench blows up and you have to wait 3 days, maybe 4, to see if your decison matters.

Coz the probability that they outperform or equal his output << the probability that they vastly underperform.

I understand that but the Ravens secondary had been playing pretty well and (in my case) Big Ben ended up putting up more points than Ryan.