[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Ryan - what are you doing on the bench?

Furd

QUARTERBACK: Matt Ryan has thrown a score in each of his last seven games and had multiple scores in most of them. He has thrown for 13 touchdowns against five interceptions but also had three lost fumbles and avoided sacks in only the most recent two games. He's been solid at worst and is almost entirely dependent on Roddy White for yardage.

The Ravens have allowed just eight passing scores this year and take away the freakish four from the near trap game by the Bills and it is only four scores allowed over seven weeks. The Ravens have also had Ed Reed return and have collected seven interceptions over the last three weeks including two from Tom Brady.

Ryan at home deserves at least the respect of an average game but he should end up with one of his lesser performances of the season.

I guess they were a little off on this one.

Edited by millerx

I guess they were a little off on this one.

I don't think most people figured the Falcons would push them around like they did. I am a Ryan owner, and I have started him every game he has played. Not many guys you would want to bench him for if you actually own him. I'm not sure how he is pulling it off with one receiver, but Ryan has been $$ all year. I check a couple of other sites and Ryan was not in the top half of anybodys projections, so that comment I give a meh.

I don't think most people figured the Falcons would push them around like they did. I am a Ryan owner, and I have started him every game he has played. Not many guys you would want to bench him for if you actually own him. I'm not sure how he is pulling it off with one receiver, but Ryan has been $$ all year. I check a couple of other sites and Ryan was not in the top half of anybodys projections, so that comment I give a meh.

I wasn't saying they had a crystal ball... all I was saying is that Ryan had his BEST performance of the season versus "ending up with one of his lesser performances of the season". People seem to be underestimating this team and Ryan.

For the record, I didn't think he was gonna play as well as he did either.

Sometimes it better not to have a second option ,,, for years ( dynasty ) I carried Brees & Rivers in one league & Romo & Ryan in another

I was always second guessing myself when submitting my line up ,, So this year I traded Rivers & Romo to upgrade my WR's and received just plain bye week plug ins in the trade for the QB position. It has taken all the guessing at of the equation and when I look back at what would of been there has been no regrets.

Sometimes it better not to have a second option
\

There is a lot of truth in this statement. I mean, you have to have good depth at the other positions, but some of my best teams have been when I really only had one option. I mean, I could have started Bradford this week, but Ryan really hasn't disappointed me in any week to the point where I seriously consider benching him. The problems start when you have a guy like Orton or Eli Manning - in that same tier and you have to pick either or. The depth is nice but there is a price to be paid sometimes.

\

There is a lot of truth in this statement. I mean, you have to have good depth at the other positions, but some of my best teams have been when I really only had one option. I mean, I could have started Bradford this week, but Ryan really hasn't disappointed me in any week to the point where I seriously consider benching him. The problems start when you have a guy like Orton or Eli Manning - in that same tier and you have to pick either or. The depth is nice but there is a price to be paid sometimes.

You simply trade one and them again no choice to make. What I would do is to trade one plus a WR or RB to upgrade at one of these positions

Then the points you may lose because of not having the option at who to start at QB you should be making up with the up-grade you made in the trade.

you guys are upset you benched Ryan without seeing what your starter is going to do.

Yep ,, and one poster is patting himself on the back for benching Brees and starting Ryan

Watch Brees come out and throw 5 TD's & 400 yards

then his :tup: turns to :wacko::tup: if he loses by 10 points :lol:

If Brees was playing :lol:

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

Yep ,, and one poster is patting himself on the back for benching Brees and starting Ryan

Watch Brees come out and throw 5 TD's & 400 yards

then his :tup: turns to :wacko::tup: if he loses by 10 points :lol:

If Brees was playing :lol:

lol... I was just gonna correct you, then you edited your post...

Anyway, I started Ryan last night; He's been my main QB all year, with Mcnabb as a bye week filler. Yesterday prior to the game I was talking to the owner of the team I am going against this week, discussing QB options as I wasn't happy w/ Ryan vs BAL. We talked about waiver pickups of V Young, Garrard and others. Told him I was thinking of picking up Garrard to start since his matchup was so good and he'd been playing well lately. Of course I didn't realize HE had Bees and needed a QB himself! 1/2 hour later he calls me and tells me he picked up Garrard! B@stard! Anyway, we laughed about it and I prayed that Matty Ice would do the job, which of course he did!

-K

Edited by kennslp

Sat Ryan for Vick - Makes sense on paper.

Same boat. I'm not second guessing myself but that doesn't take the sting out of watching a player on my bench score 30+. Especially since, having made similar calls, this has now happened to me 5 weeks in a row.

I had him on my bench in favor of Big Ben against NE & Garrard against HOU. I figured Ryan would put up a solid 35-40 points but I didn't think he had a shot in hell at putting up the 69.4 he ended up with :wacko: .

Good Lord, what kind of scoring system do you use

Pretty funny how this game works out. In my QB heavy league I waited fairly late to grab a starter, and ended up taking Matty Ice and Eli back to back rounds expecting to play matchups until something better came along. Just goes to show that it almost always pays to wait for a QB regardless of scoring formats