[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos involved in a rout again...

MTSuper7

Damn Fantasy Gold in this game Moreno LLoyd and Orton in the lineup together was pretty sweet :wacko:

Fantasy gold on the IDP side too:

Derrick Johnson 12 solos, 1 assist, Champ Bailey 9 solos, 1 assist, Mario Haggan 6 solos, 3 sacks, FF

Clearly, they just need two weeks to prepare for a game. I say they forfeit to San Diego, and start prepping for the Rams. We can finish this season 5-11 and be proud.

No seriously though... there has been some speculation that McDurrrhurrniels stubborn insistence to change from zone-blocking to power blocking that started last year (right around the time the Broncos stopped winning games), may have started to loosen up a bit and the bye week was used to practice running the ball in a way that gains "yards" from "scrimmage". This can only be good.

only question now is whether they can continue this type of production in SD, who has been rather solid against the pass and run - not sure how confident I am in starting these guys again

Gold, indeed. Needed this game to be huge -- I had Orton, Moreno, Bowe, and T. Jones. Jones didn't do anything, but Bowe more than picked up the slack.

With my Packers and Chargers on bye, I really had no choice. All week kept thinking, "can't believe I'm going all in on the Broncos-Chargers game."

Worked out, though... :wacko:

Clearly, they just need two weeks to prepare for a game. I say they forfeit to San Diego, and start prepping for the Rams. We can finish this season 5-11 and be proud.

No seriously though... there has been some speculation that McDurrrhurrniels stubborn insistence to change from zone-blocking to power blocking that started last year (right around the time the Broncos stopped winning games), may have started to loosen up a bit and the bye week was used to practice running the ball in a way that gains "yards" from "scrimmage". This can only be good.

:wacko: Excellent use of quotation marks.

I'm concerned that the Broncs will think that all those WR screens will work every week. The last time I saw that many was in preseason, and that only worked against a vanilla defense. I didn't get to see the game in it's entirity, so I don't know to what extent they committed to running the ball, but I hope they keep it up.

Damn Fantasy Gold in this game Moreno LLoyd and Orton in the lineup together was pretty sweet :wacko:

I know Moreno gets a lot of flack in the fantasy football world, but I have to say, every week I have played the guy he has been solid for me. He's been much better than Wes Welker, DWill, Jonathan Stewart, just to name a few.

I know Moreno gets a lot of flack in the fantasy football world, but I have to say, every week I have played the guy he has been solid for me. He's been much better than Wes Welker, DWill, Jonathan Stewart, just to name a few.

Yup. When he's been healthy, he's delivered. I've stuck with him all season, hoping he rewards me down the stretch.

:wacko: Excellent use of quotation marks.

I'm concerned that the Broncs will think that all those WR screens will work every week. The last time I saw that many was in preseason, and that only worked against a vanilla defense. I didn't get to see the game in it's entirity, so I don't know to what extent they committed to running the ball, but I hope they keep it up.

It was just very weird watching Moreno run fast and wiley though actual holes. I haven't seen that for a long time.

So either:

- The Bronco Offensive line is finally healthy

- The KC defensive line was terrible

- The Broncos are doing something different in blocking

I like to think it's a little of everything. Running the ball = profits

It was just very weird watching Moreno run fast and wiley though actual holes. I haven't seen that for a long time.

So either:

- The Bronco Offensive line is finally healthy

- The KC defensive line was terrible

- The Broncos are doing something different in blocking

I like to think it's a little of everything. Running the ball = profits

To me it looked like we were healthier and KC was looking past the game to next week. That seems to be a perenial problem in the west. After 30 years, I still don't get it.

Holy crap. Win one game and all of a sudden a team that is 3-6 this year and 5-14 in its last 19 games is on the rise.

DEN is going to get its head handed to it vs SD.

Really seems like that is what should happen, and I'm not willing to put much money on the game, but last week was such a suprize, against a reasonable defense, I'm withholding judgement.

There is simply to much talent on this team. I thought it was a management and back office problem, but now I'm not sure. Something has obviously changed. After rooting for this team for 40+ years, I can't put my finger on it.

If it was a defensive win, I could point at Hoody and postulate he had seen the light and given up on his idiotic scheme for the defense.

But, the offense fired on all cylinders for the most part.

I can't even begin to imagine how much money was lost last weekend on KC bets. This weekend would be twice that.

I'd be willing to wager a rack of ribs from Corkey's in Menphis, if you really believe what you say.....

A sig line bet could also be attached to the ribs.....

Probably, but you don't have to piss on our hopes for a decent close to the season :wacko:

It's fun to be hopeful. It's like playing the lottery, you know you're not going to win it, but it's fun to dream.

No, it's not fun to dream like this. It's this kind of attitude that develops a tolerance and a patience for what McDaniels is doing. It clears the path for another year or two of this, along with the accompanying loss of capable and competent players on the roster.

It's like the degenerate gambler who despite losing with alarming regularity, wins one big pot, and then hopes that the next hand will be another winner that will turn their luck and make them big winners.

Wade Phillips was a better HC than this guy, and despite being beloved prior to his HC tenure was ousted after 2 seasons, and before he could do too much damage. That's what needs to happen with McDaniels - before it's too late. The holes in this team are gaping enough already.

Edited by Bronco Billy