[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torain

SNOWBOUND33

8:09 PM

@Rotoinfo_NFL Washington Redskins : Ryan Torain-RB : RB Ryan Torain just headed back to locker room http://www.rotoinfo.com/comments-latestfro...tter-52848.html

8:25 PM

@Rotoinfo_NFL Washington Redskins : Keiland Williams-RB : Keiland Williams announced as a starter

:wacko: where did you find info like that :tup:

Edited by keggerz

UGH. checked at 130pm today and Torain had the Probable tag with ESPN saying he was active and starting. i wasn't gonna be home and was planning on telling my cousin to put in keiland for torain if he wasn't gonna play. figured torain would go anyway and i didn't want to bother my cousin to monitor my team since going into tonights game i was down 80. well guess what...vick gets 49 and wiliams 31, meaning i would've tied. :tup:

never count yourself out people. ...

also want to give a big thank you to ESPN, the worldwide leader in wrong information. :wacko:

UGH. checked at 130pm today and Torain had the Probable tag with ESPN saying he was active and starting. i wasn't gonna be home and was planning on telling my cousin to put in keiland for torain if he wasn't gonna play. figured torain would go anyway and i didn't want to bother my cousin to monitor my team since going into tonights game i was down 80. well guess what...vick gets 49 and wiliams 31, meaning i would've tied. :tup:

also want to give a big thank you to ESPN, the worldwide leader in wrong information. :wacko:

yep...same happened to me. Brutal.

LOL, it wasn't ESPN's fault. Mike Shanahan has been notorious for such diversionary tactics to keep a defense off balance. FYI, it didn’t work.

:wacko:

Torain was set to start, came out for warm-ups, and his hamstring tightened up.

How in the world is ESPN to blame for a CORRECT report from 1:30PM that Torain was expected to start?

Ok, read through my post again and I did overreact. Even when I got home and checked at 545 espn never updated Torain's status, still had him as active and starting. Having both Hernandez and Torain this week, maybe you guys can see why I overreacted...

Ok, read through my post again and I did overreact. Even when I got home and checked at 545 espn never updated Torain's status, still had him as active and starting. Having both Hernandez and Torain this week, maybe you guys can see why I overreacted...

As Scott Engel likes to say, always start the healthy player. For Hernadez, well, never hitched my wagon to that horse.

You could have checked at 7:30 and he would still have been starting. Its why the Skins activated him. It was only after pre-game warmups (7:45-8:15_ that it was deemed he couldn't play. The only source I saw that had this with enough time to make a change was Rotoworld, who as a previous poster noted, Tweeted it at 8:25.

I sat Bowe as my flex option for Torain :wacko: My fault, not ESPNs. Bowe had no injury, and was 100% playing. I should have known better than to hinge my final starter spot to a guy with a bad hammy.

you have absolutely no way of knowing this...shanarat is crazy...after last night Williams could be the man.

really? then who assumes the role of 3rd down/change of pace RB?

Or is Williams now the workhorse, the goalline back, and the change of pace back? I had no idea this kid could handle all those roles at once.

I said it in another thread, and I'll say it here; it doesn't take a football guru to understand that Williams had his success last night when the team was well behind, and he was left to garner big chunks of yards on draws when the defense was playing soft. He scored a rushing TD that way, and another via the pass. His success only occurred in this fashion.

If you remember, the Skins went 3-and-out their first four possessions when they tried to run the ball in a normal mode. Please tell me the RB that was unable to get untracked when they needed the running game?

If you remember, the Skins went 3-and-out their first four possessions when they tried to run the ball in a normal mode.

This is key. I have Torain and picked up Williams early Sunday but this situation has great-big-mess written all over it.

Edited by stethant

This is key. I have Torain and picked up Williams early Sunday but this situation has great-big-mess written all over it.

Same here. Waiver wire picks have been somewhat slim for a few weeks (and in all of fantasy football, in my opinion) in my money league and there's not much available. Owning two Shanny backs and now Portis returning? Kill me now.

I think Torain has the skillset to be a great every down back and I'm betting on it, but his chance of injury is sky-high. Williams? Not a goal line back. I do not see him as a starter - I don't think he has the size to power the football in the middle. He's quick and has good hands, though.

Portis? Who the hell knows? I've wrangled with this guy for three years now and end up mostly disappointed. I made a point to NOT draft him this year, instead picking up a "lesser" player. He was good once, but his time is past - I think he needs to retire. However, I do think Shanny will utilize him more often than us fantasy players think, bringing down the value of Torain and Williams.

Back to the point, the RB situation is a mess.

Edited by jdub!

Same here. Waiver wire picks have been somewhat slim for a few weeks (and in all of fantasy football, in my opinion) in my money league and there's not much available. Owning two Shanny backs and now Portis returning? Kill me now.

I think Torain has the skillset to be a great every down back and I'm betting on it, but his chance of injury is sky-high. Williams? Not a goal line back. I do not see him as a starter - I don't think he has the size to power the football in the middle. He's quick and has good hands, though.

Portis? Who the hell knows? I've wrangled with this guy for three years now and end up mostly disappointed. I made a point to NOT draft him this year, instead picking up a "lesser" player. He was good once, but his time is past - I think he needs to retire. However, I do think Shanny will utilize him more often than us fantasy players think, bringing down the value of Torain and Williams.

Back to the point, the RB situation is a mess.

He was great at one time because he was running behind a cohesive Alex Gibbs coached O-line. Without lanes to run in, he is average at best. Definately no T.D. He convinced himself he was way better then he actually was, and that's why he was fired from Denver and then fell off the grid. The Broncos simply refused to pay what he was asking because they felt they could just develope the next guy (it's not like they haven't done it time after time).