[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Movies Get You Everytime

Menudo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the scene in 'the patriot' always gets me when the youngest daughter who wouldn't speak to her dad finally breaks down on the beach and calls for her papa ...

That's a great call.

For me, the scene in Kramer vs. Kramer where the son looks at his dad in the kitchen as they are making breakfast and, after it has taken them months to figure out how to make French Toast together, begins to get upset...his dad picks him up and hugs him tight, and all you hear is a little squeal from the boy as he begins to sob, and the camera pans to Hoffman's face as he too begins to cry.

As a dad, I can't imagine losing my son(s)....truly heartbreaking scene.

Good calls on some:

Saving Private Ryan

Bridge to Terabithia

Good Will Hunting

Gladiator

Shawshank

LOTRO

Forrest Gump

Obscure movie:

Best of the Best - movie about an American Tae Kwon Do Olympic team traveling to Korea for the competition. Heavy underdogs, don't work together as a team initially, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm a sucker for underdogs rising to the occasion movies (Rocky, Miracle, Rudy, Million Dollar Baby, Remember the Titans, Hoosiers, League of their Own, Karate Kid, etc)

Edited by Riffraff

I'll echo Shawshank, Rudy, Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan, Natural, etc.

I'll add:

Dead Poets Society - Because the character's are just boys.

Big Fish - Because it reminds me of my father. Pretty obscure, but we rented it one night and I broke down.

Scent of a Woman

I'm 100% positive I could not make it through Marley and Me right now.

I would say at any giving moment, one of the many others mentioned could catch me the right way.

I don't want to side track, but does anyone feel the older they get and the more they experience in life, the more emotional you can be with stuff like this.

I'll echo Shawshank, Rudy, Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan, Natural, etc.

I'll add:

Dead Poets Society - Because the character's are just boys.

Big Fish - Because it reminds me of my father. Pretty obscure, but we rented it one night and I broke down.

Scent of a Woman

I'm 100% positive I could not make it through Marley and Me right now.

I would say at any giving moment, one of the many others mentioned could catch me the right way.

I don't want to side track, but does anyone feel the older they get and the more they experience in life, the more emotional you can be with stuff like this.

In a word..."YES"! Lost too many people and pets in my life for it not to affect me more.

Funny : 1941--- slim Pickens, guys on the ferris wheel, Ned Beatty trying to shoot the cannon and destroying his house.

Something About Mary--- One of the few movies that was funny all the way through

Sad; Schindler's List

The Notebook

Rosewood