[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A. Peterson MIN, RB

BigMikeinNY

On the fence, debating using Blount vs DET rather than AP ... Foster is my other RB on this team ... after losing Stafford followed by Hill at QB (so am looking at starting Bradford this week) and then being Gates-less on Thu nite, I need both my RBs to pretty much carry my FF playoff hopes ... cannot afford to risk that 43/0 stat line from AP that you suggested, so a "safe" 75/1 from Blount with potential for better might be the way to go.

I will no doubt change my lineup 6 more times before 1pm tomorrow.

:wacko:

On the fence, debating using Blount vs DET rather than AP ... Foster is my other RB on this team ... after losing Stafford followed by Hill at QB (so am looking at starting Bradford this week) and then being Gates-less on Thu nite, I need both my RBs to pretty much carry my FF playoff hopes ... cannot afford to risk that 43/0 stat line from AP that you suggested, so a "safe" 75/1 from Blount with potential for better might be the way to go.

I will no doubt change my lineup 6 more times before 1pm tomorrow.

Same 3 RBs AP/Foster/Blount...I've been on the same fence since Monday at 11.32pm. We start 2rb,2wr, 1 flex and my WRs are Austin, Jennings and Maclin. Originally, and every few hours, I want to sit AP and start all 3 wrs but keep getting suggestions that Jennings should sit and to play all 3 rbs.

I just can't see a likely scenario that has AP doing well vs CHI. AP hasn't gotten 20+ carries in 7 weeks now and all in all only 5xs has he had 20 carries or more this season. I hear people saying he's the only option so he will get a lot of looks; they don't think CHI knows this I guess.

That said, Blount isn't a lock for 75/1 either. He had 70 yards last week and doesn't catch passes. Maybe its a different decision for me becuz I can start both of them but if I could only start one of them I would say Blount. I don't put much weight in ASYS or "why'd you pick him #1 if you aren't going to play him now?" Everything points to Blount doing better IMO, now it just comes down to having the stones to actually do it.

Rolling with AP and not even second guessing it...

of course my other RBs are just Woodhead & Caddy :wacko: Gates being out hurt too as I am now starting Amendola AND Brandon Gibson...had been rolling with both Gates/Tamme (can start 2 TEs and they get 1ppr vs .5 for everyone else)...was glad I had a bye last week but now looks like i needed one this week too. :tup: (12-1 and will most likely be 1 and done in the playoffs)

I think I have to start him. I could go with 4 WRs though. Currently starting PManning, Foster, Peterson, Megatron, Colston, Garcon, VDavis (uggh), Kaeding, and the Cowboys. Have DeSean Jackson, Boldin, and Harvin on my bench. Was going to go with DeSean but slipped Garcon into his spot because of injury concerns. That may change though.

While I don't make a habit of reading the CBS Sportsline "feature articles", I stumbled on this one a short time ago ... just too funny ... how many times can a bet be hedged or a writer's own opinion be self-contradicted in one paragraph? This from Dave Richards' fantasy "analysis" of the MIN-CHI game ... italics mine:

Now, if the passing game won't be respected by the Bears, then you know the running game will. That's not good for Adrian Peterson, who was held to 75 total yards and no touchdowns on 17 rushes and four catches back in Week 10. Obviously, Peterson is going to be the key player in the offense, which means he'll get a lot of opportunities. For him to completely struggle, he'd have to not break any long gains, not get into the end zone and not have much in the way of rushing lanes. That's a tough trifecta to imagine for him, which is why he's still a good Fantasy option this week. Remember, he's played well against tough defenses without a good quarterback before -- but throw in a banged-up offensive line and a potential knee tweak suffered last week and it gets dicey.

I think my favorite passage is the bit about AP "struggling" if he does not score, break any long gains or get any blocking ... so only AP is viewed as "struggling" if he does not score, gain yards or get any blocking? That does not define Beanie Wells, or CJ Spiller, or a dozen other "struggling" RBs? Bottom line I guess, is that I have learned from this article that the match up is not good for AP, but he will get a lot of chances, if he has a poor game he will have "struggled", and he's still a good fantasy option, even if he is a "dicey" play.

Edited by ts

I purposely picked up Jonathen Stewart a few weeks ago for this matchup,

I have AP in two leagues and will be playing Stewart over AP in both leagues.

WIth a no name QB, not 100% healthy AP, OG Steve Hutchinson out, cold weather and an angry Bears defense...it was a not so difficult choice.

AP has helped me get to the playoffs, but in this scenario...he rides the pine.

Edited by quest

It's like half my roster is suddenly playing on quicksand.

I knew having the best record in the league was trouble. They almost never take the crown in our lg. :tup:

Same here, its the Presidents trophy curse :wacko: