[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Computer Buying question

Chief Dick

We have a PC that is about 6 years old. It's getting to the point where I am thinking about replacing it next year. I started a new job in the last few months and we use Mac's there. I love using the Mac versus a PC. I would prefer to buy a Mac.

My oldest boy starts kindergarten next year, so I called the school to find out whether they use PC's or Macs. They use PC's. So the question is:

Is it better to buy a PC, so the kids can get used to the functionality of a PC, or a Mac, so they can learn both? What say the huddle masses?

I don't think your kid will have trouble using a Mac at home and a PC at school. Kids absorb things a lot easier than adults do. This way, your kid will know how to use both. I am a PC user because it makes things easier for me as they use it at work as well, but I think for your situation that you should go with a Mac.

Now I don't know if you're computer savvy or not, but I've found that folks that aren't that into fixing computers, the Mac is a lot easier and user friendly. Personally, if I didn't know how to fix my Windows machine, I don't know how I would get anything done. The Mac is more expensive, but I think it will be less headaches for you.

Edited by electricrelish

If you get a Mac, be prepared to pay at least double for a similarly configured PC. In fact, you'll probably have to give Steve Jobs one of your legs and your firstborn child as well.

But I guess since you say you're poor, a Mac is definitely out of the question. Looks like it is a PC.

Edited by tosberg34

Buy the Mac and a copy of windows. You can set the machine up to dual boot (extremely easy) or buy a copy of parallels and run windows as a virtual machine. Gets you everything you need.

I did this on my iMac. I should've mentioned that but I so rarely use the Windows side that I forgot I did it. :wacko:

Buy the Mac and a copy of windows. You can set the machine up to dual boot (extremely easy) or buy a copy of parallels and run windows as a virtual machine. Gets you everything you need.

I just googled your response and still have no idea what the Fu(k you are talking about.