[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Men fined for saving the life of a deer.

Perchoutofwater

Isn't it OUR government at work? :wacko:

Not mine. That is in Maryland. I know the game wardens in my county and in the county in I do most of my hunting. None of them would cite anyone for something that stupid. I'm actually really good friends with one of the game wardens in my home county and if that were me he wouldn't have cited me. He probably would have criticized me for not letting it drown and then quartering it out and giving him a back strap.

The Patapsco River, especially that area, is a very dangerous stretch and there are many deaths over the years from people walking out on ice or falling in to the river. I am by no means a person who dismisses animals in danger but in this situation, it would have been far better to call the park rangers and report it than risk your life to rescue a deer.