[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints/Falcons

SLAYER

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game Saints. Can't believe how good both D's looked. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we go for round 3.

For $100:

What is a team that will be eliminated in the playoffs by the Falcons or Saints?

Aswer: one will eliminate the other, and I'm rooting for NO.

I said it before and I'll say it again... The real season starts when the regular season ends.

I don't think the Falcons are now, all of a sudden, scared by this Saints team because of this game. Nor do I think the Saints feel they can dominate this team or have a feeling they own this Falcons team. There was a lot of hype being pumped into this game for the "Networks" benefits, but when it comes down to it, the real game between these two will potentially be played when BOTH teams have it all on the line! NOW that will be a game!

:wacko: Keep dreaming.... Claiming the Falcons will lose to the Panthers is what the Bold Predictions thread is for...

You're not reading closely enough: if the standings hold, the Falcons are #1. I was asked who I'd prefer in the playoffs and said the Saints since it would be a home game for the Bears. Is that clear enough for you now?

Not the offensive output that I was expecting, but a very good game nonetheless. Both defenses played exceptionally well. I thought the Saints (Brees) really stepped up when it mattered, while it seemed that the Falcons' offense struggled all night, outside of some success throwing the ball to White and Jenkins. Running game was not what I expected, and Gonzalez was a non-factor as well. But, the bottom line is that turnovers killed them, especially the fumble inside of the 5 yard line.

The NFC is about as wide open as it can get, in my opinion. Like I said earlier, the wild card teams are scary. Throw in the Eagles and Falcons, and there are at least four teams that I think can make a SB run. Not sold on the Bears just yet... they've won some decent games, for sure, but the way that they basically let the Patriots walk all over them leads me to believe that they are not as solid as their record would indicate. Still, for any of the above, a road playoff game in Chicago will be no easy task.

As for the AFC, the Pats are clearly the favorite, with Pittsburgh and Baltimore a tier below them. For the Steelers, the key seems to obviously be Troy P... If he's healthy, they're simply a different team than without him. Baltimore is a factor just because I can't forget what they did to the Pats last year in the wild card round. If they can sustain a balanced offensive attack (and run the ball successfully), I think they can beat anyone. I don't think the Colts are good enough, with all of the injuries that they've had on defense, to win a SB. On the other hand, as long as they've got Manning, I can't count them out. If they can get some key pieces healthy again, who knows. But, I certainly wouldn't say they're the favorite, or even one of the top 2-3 favorites right now. The Jets are a Jekyl and Hyde team... Not sure if they can string together 3 straight wins against the other top AFC teams.

And, the winners of both West divisions are pretty much non-factors, although I like KC's chances a lot more than Seattle or St. Louis, in terms of winning a home playoff game.

On a sidenote, I'm glad I decided to start Pierre last night... Don't have to worry about what AP is going to do tonight. :wacko: