[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints/Falcons

SLAYER

I have two trends of thought:

1- Falcons are in the the same position we were in last year. Win and clinch home field throughout. Monday Night in Alanta, after the last few beating the Saints put on the Falcons on Monday night in the dome, I'm sure they want revenge at home. Do they continue their march toward NFC favorite

or

2- Saints know they should have won the first meeting and let it get away. They would love nothing better than to go into Alanta on Monday night and derail the Falcon train,and put some doubts in the bird's mind.

How do you think it plays out?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been a falcons doubter for much of this season only to see they keep winning

but the saints are the champs and i think in this huge spot they find a way

I think it will come down to Brees vs Ryan and i like Brees in this battle

saints 27 - falcons 24

The Falcons need this one.

Our two losses this year were against PIT and PHI; both good teams, both on the road.

Our wins against teams over 500 were against NO in the Superdome (admittedly, this is one we didn't deserve), two close wins against TB by a total of 10 points, and a couple comeback wins against BAL and GB. I love the heart and composure we showed in the last two mentioned but there's something to be said about beating the defending champs in your building and securing your position in the playoff picture.

If we lose this one, we probably still finish 13-3 and get home field throughout but it hurts a team's confidence to lose to a division rival at home when there's a strong possibility that we might see them again.

Falcons need try to drive the dagger in the Saints this week and if the Saints manage to make the playoffs anyways, you've already proven that you can beat them at home.

Biggest question for me is do I start Matt Ryan? I have him and R. White and obviously White is a no-brainer. But that #2 ranked pass defense of the Saints scares me and my other option is Josh Freeman :wacko: I have Freeman in my lineup now but it's a tough call, luckily he has a supreme matchup. Yeah, I know - take this to the advice thread blah, blah, blah.

Bump for MNF

Our wins against teams over 500 were against NO in the Superdome (admittedly, this is one we didn't deserve)

Cmon now,why does everyone say the Falcons didn't deserve it or got handed that game? If the Saints really deserved to win, then they shouldn't have let them stay in it at home and have to rely on an overtime field-goal... Not trying act too high and mighty, since ATL has had more than their share of teams hanging around until the end, but it's pointless to say after the fact, "we should/shouldn't have won if....". Every NFL game is tough, bad calls are made, and opportunities missed; but you either find a way to win or you don't....

But anyways, enough talking about the past. This should be a great game tonight. Divisional rivalry, High octane vs. balanced attack, 2 improving defenses, and playoff implications on the line.... Ready to get this :wacko: started.

Bump for MNF

Cmon now,why does everyone say the Falcons didn't deserve it or got handed that game? If the Saints really deserved to win, then they shouldn't have let them stay in it at home and have to rely on an overtime field-goal... Not trying act too high and mighty, since ATL has had more than their share of teams hanging around until the end, but it's pointless to say after the fact, "we should/shouldn't have won if....". Every NFL game is tough, bad calls are made, and opportunities missed; but you either find a way to win or you don't....

But anyways, enough talking about the past. This should be a great game tonight. Divisional rivalry, High octane vs. balanced attack, 2 improving defenses, and playoff implications on the line.... Ready to get this :tup: started.

A Dirty Bird sighting :lol::wacko::tup:

I know this might not be the place for this, but if anybody hears whether or not Ivory is playing, and could post it here, I would greatly appreciate it. Have to decide between Peterson and P. Thomas at RB, and I'm leaning towards PT if Ivory is out. Just have a bad feeling about leaving Peterson as my only option for tomorrow night (at that point it will obviously be too late to start Thomas), and the matchup (in my local) is too close for me to risk taking a goose egg from AP, or either guy, for that matter. I need as many points as I can get, and have been torn on this lineup decision all day. :wacko:

As far as the game goes, I will say this... the Falcons have been rock-solid all year, even though most (myself included) have doubted them at times. Meanwhile, I would like to say that the Saints have played increasingly better, as the season has progressed, but the results don't really back that up, at least on paper. They struggled to beat SF, MIN, and CAR early. Through five games, they had three close wins (over what we now know were three mediocre/poor teams), a loss to Atlanta, and a loss to the Cardinals. The Saints then blew out Tampa in Week 6, and a lot of people thought they were starting to reach last season's form. Not so fast... They then lost to Cleveland the following week, at home.

After that Cleveland loss, which put them at 4-3 (with really only one impressive win out of the four), they managed to win six games in a row. Some of them were convincing wins, others were close. Last week, they had the opportunity to win a "statement" game against Baltimore, but fell short in overtime. Still, I like the Saints that I've seen over the last 6-7 games a heck of a lot more than the one that I saw the first seven weeks. Particularly, their offense seems to be close to running on all cylinders, like it was last year. The defense has not been nearly as opportunistic as last year, but they've been good enough to keep them in games, at the very least. They'll have to play well tonight, for the Saints to manage a win.

Tough call, but I have to lean towards the home team, which has also been the more consistent of the two teams.

Atlanta 30

New Orleans 26

The NFC will have two very dangerous wild card teams this year.

Edit: Looks like Ivory is inactive. So, am I crazy for considering benching Peterson for Pierre?

Edited by Gopher

should be a fun game.

+1

It's actually somewhat unfortunate that my fantasy season is still on the line, in three leagues no less. This is one of a few prime time games this year, where I would love to just sit back and enjoy, without having to worry about who caught what pass, which player made the tackle on the last play, etc. For all of the "duds" that we've seen on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights this year, there have been a few good ones to somewhat make up for it. I expect this game to be right at the top of that list, when it's all said and done.

i have been a falcons doubter for much of this season only to see they keep winning

but the saints are the champs and i think in this huge spot they find a way

I think it will come down to Brees vs Ryan and i like Brees in this battle

saints 27 - falcons 24

thats the exact score i predicted for my online betting sites monday night guess the final score contest

Any last minute( AP style from last week) stuff going on with Roddy? He's good to go I presume as I've heard nothing otherwise...

Active "and ready to go" according to Shefter's tweet.

Seems like they've probably been using the questionable tag since they've been holding him out of practice, to keep em' guessing... But he's started and played all game, despite having the tag several times.

Active "and ready to go" according to Shefter's tweet.

Seems like they've probably been using the questionable tag since they've been holding him out of practice, to keep em' guessing... But he's started and played all game, despite having the tag several times.

Thx just wanted to make sure I didnt have to put in Bush or PT since it is the superbowl and all.....

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

I think ATL will try to run the ball a lot tonight for the following reasons

1: Keep their defense off the field, limit Brees time with ball.

2: play to the weakness of NO defense which isn't in the passing game.

3: eliminate turnovers and mistakes.

If you ask yes I needRyan to have a mediocre game as I'm going against him one one super bowl but playing him and Roddy in my other super bowl

Our two losses this year were against PIT and PHI; both good teams, both on the road.

Our wins against teams over 500 were against NO in the Superdome (admittedly, this is one we didn't deserve), two close wins against TB by a total of 10 points, and a couple comeback wins against BAL and GB. I love the heart and composure we showed in the last two mentioned but there's something to be said about beating the defending champs in your building and securing your position in the playoff picture.

If we lose this one, we probably still finish 13-3 and get home field throughout but it hurts a team's confidence to lose to a division rival at home when there's a strong possibility that we might see them again.

Falcons need try to drive the dagger in the Saints this week and if the Saints manage to make the playoffs anyways, you've already proven that you can beat them at home.

The Falcons DON'T need this one. That plays a hugh factor into this game from a mental stand point. The Saints on the other hand DO need this win. I don't think we lose confidence if we lose tonight simply because it is known that they can still wrap it up next week with Carolina at home. What I mean is, these guys are professionals who know that the name of the game is to get to the playoffs in the bbest shape you can. the real season starts when the regular season ends. If these two were to meet up in the playoffs where it is won or done, I can bet you the Falcons would have a totally different mindset than they will going into tonight.

Now as for the Saints fans, they seem to think that if they win tonight they will have traded spots with the Falcons fans who are sitting on their perch. Uhhhummm :clears throat: Sorry, but this is more like just a bump in the road either way to the Falcons. IMO

The Falcons DON'T need this one. That plays a hugh factor into this game from a mental stand point. The Saints on the other hand DO need this win. I don't think we lose confidence if we lose tonight simply because it is known that they can still wrap it up next week with Carolina at home. What I mean is, these guys are professionals who know that the name of the game is to get to the playoffs in the bbest shape you can. the real season starts when the regular season ends. If these two were to meet up in the playoffs where it is won or done, I can bet you the Falcons would have a totally different mindset than they will going into tonight.

Now as for the Saints fans, they seem to think that if they win tonight they will have traded spots with the Falcons fans who are sitting on their perch. Uhhhummm :clears throat: Sorry, but this is more like just a bump in the road either way to the Falcons. IMO

Game hasn't even started and the dirty bird excuses are starting already.

I agree that this game means alot more to the Saints than it does for us, since they could even find themselves out of the playoffs with a loss to both us and the Bucs, but the game is far from meaningless for the Falcons....

A win tonight would help keep that winning momentum going into the playoffs, and give an opportunity to have weeks of rest after tonight, rather than having to play starters for potentially a full game against the Panthers too. Not like I think we'd lose that one, but any team at least has an ability to have a good day, keep it close and make you play your best....

That said, I hope we don't overwork Turner too much tonight, even if he does give us our best chance to win. Staying healthy for a playoff run is perhaps more important than a win would be here, but I don't think the Falcons view this divisional rivalry like that. I expect a dogfight out there.

Game hasn't even started and the dirty bird excuses are starting already.

If the roles were reversed you'd be saying the same thing. Sure it would be nice as delusions of granduer points out, But when it comes down to it ....You guys need it, we don't. But keep up the illusion if it works for you.

We are in the same boat as you, we need to win one of two to get the #5 seed and the Rams/Seahawks. so we don't need it but it would be nice if for no other reason than it's the Falcons. good defensive game so far.