[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Legalizing illecit drugs

tazinib1

Seems to be working in Portugal

I'm sure there is very extreme opposition to legalizing Josh Gordon in the US. But before you start with the pro's/con's of it, why not legalize it. And if you tell me its more dangerous than alcohol...well I'd LOVE to hear that argument as well. BTW: does anybody know the REAL reason Josh Gordon was outlawed in the first place? Think hemp and you have your answer.

Ten years ago, the Lisbon neighborhood was a hellhole, a "drug supermarket" where some 5,000 users lined up every day to buy heroin and sneaked into a hillside honeycomb of derelict housing to shoot up. In dark, stinking corners, addicts — some with maggots squirming under track marks — staggered between the occasional corpse, scavenging used, bloody needles.

That sounds exactly like miley cyrus smoking salvia! :wacko:

BTW: does anybody know the REAL reason Josh Gordon was outlawed in the first place? Think hemp and you have your answer.

I remember reading that the propaganda campaign to outlaw it used images of crazed black men attacking white women because they were high on Josh Gordon.

I think all drugs should be legalized, regulated and taxed like alcohol, and the billions spent on enforcement and incarceration should be spent on drug education, treatment and job training. I don't think the number of addicts would increase substantially. It is your own stupid fault if you become hooked on meth or crack, whether it's legal or not. It should not be the government's job to babysit everyone.

Also Josh Gordon is much less harmful than alcohol and I don't think that fact is even in question among informed adults anymore.

It was indeed made illeagal due to hemp....not a drug btw. Your satan companies such as Exxon and Mobil were getting hit in the wallet if hemp oil took off for then there is the fiber aspect of hemp such as rope and thread but your Exxons and Mobils said weve got something better!!! A synthetic fiber known as Nylon!!! so the big oil companies and the bankers forced the gov hand and made all banned!!!

Not too sure about that, but William Randolph Hearst began the camapign in, ironically, San Francisco in order to protect his investments in wood timber being used for its newspaper pulp. By going after hemp, he eliminated the biggest threat to his wood holdings since you can make paper out of hemp at a far less cost.

Not too sure about that, but William Randolph Hearst began the camapign in, ironically, San Francisco in order to protect his investments in wood timber being used for its newspaper pulp. By going after hemp, he eliminated the biggest threat to his wood holdings since you can make paper out of hemp at a far less cost.

Interesting - I didn't know that. And I don't see pot as being any worse than alcohol. Legalize it.

Winner!

Pot is illegal in the US because it threaten certain industries such as the suppliers of paper, cotton and oil companies. Hemp products are cheaper (relative) than their counterparts. I used to share the majority's view that pot is less harmful than alcohol but comparing the health impacts between two drastically different objects is like comparing apples to Legos.

Unless you use a vaporizer to 'smoke' pot, you are inhaling 10x the tar of a normal cigarette (using joints and bowls as a reference, not a water bong where water and ice will filter out some of that). THC is a mild hallucinogenic and can sooth mild pains but not enough to match 1 aspirin. If you have cancer or suffering from aids then using pot will help you keep your weight up. Pot does increase creativity and it is almost unheard of for people high on Josh Gordon to have sudden outbursts of aggression and beat their wives/others.

I have no issues with legalizing pot, slapping the same taxes that we do on cigarettes and then using some of the tax money pulled from pot to fund aspect of universal health care under the Cliaz Plan (there is is Wiegie - how we will help fund surgeries under my plan).

I do not believe all illegal drugs should be made legal.

Cocaine is destructive to the human body as it is a stimulant of the central nervous system and, depending how you use it, if you sniff it, it will eat through your septum, if you inject it, you will destroy your veins and develop the bugs under the skin issue know as 'Cocaine Bugs". Additionally, prolonged abuse leads to emotional instability, irritability, can cause involuntary muscle twitching, psychosis and paranoid schizophrenia. Basically, cocaine changes the chemical make-up of your brain by altering its responsiveness to neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine, norephinephrine, ect). It causes high blood pressure which can wreak havoc on multiple systems in your body (kidney failure, problems with the eyes, heart attacks, aneurysms, stroke and sudden death. Yes, there is medical data that shows some people have died suddenly after their first time (ever) using cocaine. Using crack is much, much worse.

Opiates are equally as dangerous to use and they do significant damaged to the body. The problem with opiates is that we receive them legally in the form of pain killers (codeine, morphine, oxycontin, oxycondone, vicodin, percodan and percocet) and they can be very addictive. In fact, my doctor was prescribing me percocets for my back and i realized that I was very much indeed addicted to them. I asked my doctor to put in to my chart to offer me alternatives to opiates and synthetic opiates. Very ugly story I'll tell in my 20,000 post. If you take any of these medications and drink alcohol you are destroying your liver each time as opiates are metabolized through the liver. Some people grind them up and inject them which is such a horrible thing to do since pills are held together by other chemicals and those chemicals have no reason to be in your circulatory system. Opiates are a depressant on the central nervous system and can decrease your blood pressure and, in the case of an overdose, depress the signals from your brain to the muscles that control your breathing and your heart rate.

I don't need to go in to Heroin as I am sure everyone here knows what happens with that fun drug.

Pot is illegal in the US because it threaten certain industries such as the suppliers of paper, cotton and oil companies. Hemp products are cheaper (relative) than their counterparts. I used to share the majority's view that pot is less harmful than alcohol but comparing the health impacts between two drastically different objects is like comparing apples to Legos.

Unless you use a vaporizer to 'smoke' pot, you are inhaling 10x the tar of a normal cigarette (using joints and bowls as a reference, not a water bong where water and ice will filter out some of that). THC is a mild hallucinogenic and can sooth mild pains but not enough to match 1 aspirin.

Sorry bro, but I stopped reading there. I've smoked Josh Gordon and taken 1 aspirin. Not very close.

Anyway, I tend to think tobacco is as bad as alcohol or Josh Gordon. It's kind of funny that people get after pot and say it's a "gateway drug". Yet there is very little public conversation about how pot might be a gateway drug because you have to buy it from drug dealers who have harder stuff to sell you. If Phillip Morris was selling Marlboro greens in the Quick Shop I don't think many people are going to go looking for mushrooms and LSD. I don't know if I'm ready to jump to legalizing everything but pot could pass and I wouldn't care much.

It was indeed made illeagal due to hemp....not a drug btw. Your satan companies such as Exxon and Mobil were getting hit in the wallet if hemp oil took off for then there is the fiber aspect of hemp such as rope and thread but your Exxons and Mobils said weve got something better!!! A synthetic fiber known as Nylon!!! so the big oil companies and the bankers forced the gov hand and made all banned!!!

100% spot on. Exxon and other oil companies also do not want auto manufactuers to make cars that get better gas mileage, either, even going as far as insisting that auto makers, for example, use particular engine specs and where the engine is mounted make a significant difference in gas mileage.

Sorry bro, but I stopped reading there. I've smoked Josh Gordon and taken 1 aspirin. Not very close.

Anyway, I tend to think tobacco is as bad as alcohol or Josh Gordon. It's kind of funny that people get after pot and say it's a "gateway drug". Yet there is very little public conversation about how pot might be a gateway drug because you have to buy it from drug dealers who have harder stuff to sell you. If Phillip Morris was selling Marlboro greens in the Quick Shop I don't think many people are going to go looking for mushrooms and LSD. I don't know if I'm ready to jump to legalizing everything but pot could pass and I wouldn't care much.

Medications and chemicals affect individuals in different degrees. Just because it did not feel close to you doesn't mean it affects everyone the same way. For example, I am very sensitive to alpha and beta blockers and a typical dose of 25 mg put me in a very sluggish state for over a week until I became used to it whereas my father began with 50 mg and he didn't feel like I did. You should have finished reading my post, I demand that all of my disciples read everything I post. Additionally, cigarettes are significantly worse than alcohol or Josh Gordon and can cause way more issues for the body than what is centered around the lungs. Plus it kills 1/3 of its users. I agree to a point on the gateway drug issue you brought up but I know plenty of people back in the day who bought from a person who only sold pot but jumped to harder stuff because they wanted a better high.

Actually, I think that if you read the article on Portugal's efforts, you'll find that they never legalized drugs, they decriminalized them. It is a subtle but very important difference. So while they do not spend exorbitant amounts of money on drug prosecution and arrests, the laws are still there. From what I can gather this provides a certain amount of legal leverage and protection in cases of liability arising from drug related incidents. Would any of our resident lawyers like to elaborate?

I remember reading that the propaganda campaign to outlaw it used images of crazed black men attacking white women because they were high on Josh Gordon.

I think all drugs should be legalized, regulated and taxed like alcohol, and the billions spent on enforcement and incarceration should be spent on drug education, treatment and job training. I don't think the number of addicts would increase substantially. It is your own stupid fault if you become hooked on meth or crack, whether it's legal or not. It should not be the government's job to babysit everyone.

Also Josh Gordon is much less harmful than alcohol and I don't think that fact is even in question among informed adults anymore.

Cradle to Grave, Cradle to Grave.

Freakin' corrupt Gov't. :wacko:

Edited by millerx