[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Years Resolutions

whomper

not to have one specifically designed for new years

i would honestly rather break a bad habit or change an aspect of my life regardless of time of year ... want to be ready to do it and not attempt something Jan 1st if i am not ready to do it whatever it may be

I have seen more people fail at new year's resolutions than have succeeded over the years so i am a bit cynical on new years resolutions ..sometimes feels like people are swept up by the whole new year resolution thing when they are not serious or ready to truly succeed

Edited by isleseeya

i would honestly rather break a bad habit or change an aspect of my life regardless of time of year ... want to be ready to do it and not attempt something Jan 1st if i am not ready to do it whatever it may be

I have seen more people fail at new year's resolutions than have succeeded over the years so i am a bit cynical on new years resolutions ..sometimes feels like people are swept up by the whole new year resolution thing when they are not serious or ready to truly succeed

Yep this....

I don't smoke and don't drink that much and am not obese. I excercise regularly am loved by my wife and kids. Just keep up on all these things and make sure not to take any of it for granted and no traditional resolutions should be necesssary.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Change is hard no matter what time of year. Some people succeed but most fail. For some, New years resolutions can give them a jump start.

Yeah, the weight loss one is my biggest peeve. 90% never follow through.

ETA: I set goals now instead of resolutions.

Edited by twiley

Change is hard no matter what time of year. Some people succeed but most fail. For some, New years resolutions can give them a jump start.

Yep. There is something about starting something new in the very beginning of the year that gives me extra incentive.

- complete my own estate plan

- work on my own home improvement projects more

- complete keg fridge

- save to cash for one year to bolster rainy day fund

- consolidate401ks from past employers

- spend more time with the kids on their homework

- plan wife's 40th B-day party

- go on at least 4 back packing trips

- get back to where I can run a mile in less than 6 minutes

• 1 month later...
1.) Get back to the 1000 club in one day again. (1000 pounds in combined weight in one day of unassisted squat, deadlift and bench press)

-DONE- 365 squat first (scared to go higher after I tore a groin muscle a few years back going over 4 hundred), then a 335 bench, about 20 minutes rest then pulled 455 without straps on the deadlift. Now onto p90x in a few weeks

2.) expand my consulting business

3.) complete p90x

4.) Achieve my professional goals I have set

5.) Aggressively eliminate the remainder of household debt

Edited by bpwallace49

Complete 2-3 triathlons before years end.

Currently in my 2nd week of a 18 week program (6 days a week) for my first Tri in June. This one is a sprint then I'll do the olympic distance the end of August.

Prior to this program, 3 days a week heavy weights with 2 days of cardio.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...