[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harbaugh / Luck / denver

Living the Dream

Just speculation. But Elway is now a cog in running the show in Denver, he went to Stanford and per reports was attending the game to talk to Harbaugh after the game.

whats the chances, Denver hires Harbaugh to be their next coach, and trades up 1 slot to get Luck. Wonder what the price would be to move up 1 spot, or does Tebow get a shot next yr.

Should be an interesting offseason.

Headed to Ann Arbor.

:downonallfourspraying:

:wacko:

+1,000,000,000

:fingerscrossed:

Can't take another year of the RichRod experiment. :tup::lol::rofl::rofl:

agreed

Sorry guys, let's see Michigan, San Fran, or Denver. Think you might be running third there. JMHO

Sorry guys, let's see Michigan, San Fran, or Denver. Think you might be running third there. JMHO

Yea, coaches have really thrived at San Fran and Denver lately. Besides Richrod, Michigan had the same coach for a long time. Recruiting may suck, but I swear there are certain coaching jobs in college that are far better than NFL positions. I know NFL guys don't always get that but not dealing with diva WRs that make more money than you along with a salary cap system that makes the parity so close in the NFL, it's easy to see why some people are just college coaches. And vice versa as well though. There have been plenty of pro coaches who have failed at the college level so it might just be what he sees in the mirror. That all being said, he runs a pro style offense so maybe he does prefer the NFL game.

Luck is NOT going to Denver, c'mon seriously? There is absolutely no way they are taking a QB in round 1 for second consecutive year.( not to mention it would cost millions upon millions( assuming no rookie cap) Without double checking I would say that in my 40 yrs on this earth , I have never seen this happen , so why would it now?

Yea, coaches have really thrived at San Fran and Denver lately. Besides Richrod, Michigan had the same coach for a long time. Recruiting may suck, but I swear there are certain coaching jobs in college that are far better than NFL positions. I know NFL guys don't always get that but not dealing with diva WRs that make more money than you along with a salary cap system that makes the parity so close in the NFL, it's easy to see why some people are just college coaches. And vice versa as well though. There have been plenty of pro coaches who have failed at the college level so it might just be what he sees in the mirror. That all being said, he runs a pro style offense so maybe he does prefer the NFL game.

I heard on the radio that source close to Harbaugh say he's not going to Michigan.

If it did, it would be because the team changed. There's a new decision maker in town. If Elway thinks the best thing for the franchise is to get Luck, then he'll do it and trade off both Orton and Tebow.

I would have to agree with this ,,,

Why would Carolina trade down when they need a franchise QB? And apparently Andrew Luck is the real deal (I'll admit I've only seen highlights, so I don't have much of an opinion about him). Then again, something tells me that Pat Bowlen will pretty much let John Elway get whatever he wants, and if Elway wants this kid, they'll make an offer to Carolina to get him. I would much rather see Denver get through 2011 with Orton and/or Tebow (or both) so they can spend that #2 pick on a difference maker on defense.

I would have to agree with this ,,,

Elway was way high on Tebow when Denver drafted him. Channel 7 did an extensive interview with Elway at one of his charity golf events where they basically took 20 minutes of a 30 minute interview and dicussed Tebows outlook in Denver. Elway stated that Tebow is the franchise for the future in Denver. I don't think Tebows recent performance has changed his opinion.

But he's higher on Luck, yeah?

I haven't heard Elways position either way. I think he understands Denvers biggest weakness and that's the HC, the defense and DC. I think the RBC has done a decent job as a fill in and think he might have solidified a postion as the OC going forward (speculation of course) but the Defense needs to be addressed in the draft along with some free agency moves.

If it did, it would be because the team changed. There's a new decision maker in town. If Elway thinks the best thing for the franchise is to get Luck, then he'll do it and trade off both Orton and Tebow.

Zero chance of this. Your idiocy amazes at times.

Not that I'm perfect either...

I heard on the radio that source close to Harbaugh say he's not going to Michigan.

ESPN News interviewed the Detroit tv reporter who broke the Rich-Rod-got-fired story. He said his sources are telling him that Harbaugh is leaning toward the NFL right now and is not a candidate for the UM job.

:wacko::tup::lol:

Zero chance of this. Your idiocy amazes at times.

Not that I'm perfect either...

No you're freaking not. Far from it. Go back and read what he said. He was merely saying under what circumstances the Broncos would try to bring in Luck. Not saying it would happen, not even saying what chance there was of it happening. Just saying how it would likely have to go down if it did.

It's not really a stretch now, is it. Considering the hype on Luck, it won't be cheap to even move up one spot. Let alone sign the kid. So, one would have to assume that if Elway and the Broncos did this, they'd pretty effing likely want him as their QB. Follow me there Sparky? Well, that sort of leaves the two guys they have on the outside looking in, now doesn't it. Or were they going to let Tebow groom him for the future and let Luck tote a clipboard for a while. That would make sense, what with all of Tebow's experience and all.

Now, before you go all Francis on us, realize that none of this has anything to do with speculating as to whether Tebow will be a good NFL QB, but rather with Opie making the rather obvious statement that, if the Broncos go after Luck, it must mean they don't want to make Tebow the starter.

And it doesn't exactly take a brain surgeon to go along with that line of reasoning, no does it.

Yes. Drafting Luck with Tebow and Orton around (who both have been mostly good to great, although granted neither appearing to have the upside of Luck) and so many other need positions makes almost zero sense.

I just hope Harbaugh doesn't go there. :wacko: Cmon Irsay, get rid of your putz of a HC and sign a real one. Harbaugh back to Indy would be beautious.

Here are the facts to sort through all the bs in this thread. You're welcome in advance :wacko:

Luck is the highest rated college QB in several years (from all accounts).

He may not declare for the draft and return to Stanford.

If he does declare for the draft, Carolina, which has the #1 pick will take him.

Now unless Luck pulls an Elway (now wouldn't that be ironic) and refuses to go to Carolina, he will be playing there.

If Denver had the #1 pick, maybe they take him, maybe not, but they pick 2nd, so who gives a rats ass.

I wonder what impact the potential lock-out could have?

Of course, the kid has exactly 11 more days to decide, so it's not like things will be much clearer by then.

I'm not sure how many seniors are on that Stanford squad, but, provided Luck isn't the only one coming back, they could still be good. Maybe not BCS good, but not horrible. Those kids were obviously being put in the right places at the right time, that much is certain but they were also out there making great plays. And let's not pretend that the scouts are going to knock him if Stanford only goes 9-4 next year or something.

The thing about Stanford is that they actually have a knack for getting good coaches. Perhaps the greatest coach of all time cut his teeth there. Willingham actually got good results there before he forgot how to coach.

So there are actually a few decent reasons why Luck could stay. 1) his family has money. Not "eff you" money, but it's not like he needs to buy them a house or something. 2) The lock-out situation. That would suck. Leave school early, get drafted, and then the season gets called off. 3) Stanford is unlikely to fall off the face of the earth because it looks like Harbaugh was building something good that, provided they find someone decent, can be maintained. 4) Bradford had about the worst possible scenario happen to him when he turned his back on the #1 pick and he still went #1. I mean, could it get much worse than effing up your shoulder twice really badly in one season?