[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 2011 Book Thread

CaP'N GRuNGe

I just read "From the mixed up files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler" with my kid. Pretty good book if you are looking for something for your kid maybe 5th grade - 8th

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the notice from the library that the new Tom Clancy book I put a hold on is ready for me to pick up. So that's what's next on this end.

Clancy may have put his name on it, but he did not write that book. Not remotely his style and not good. I think he wrote the outline and turned it over to his "co-author."

I've been revisiting Graham Greene's work and love it all. Also reading Brian Greene's Elegant Universe and my first Brad Thor.

Mrs HR is reading I'm Not Dead, I'm Different. She is encouraging me to read it but I would rather one of you all to read it first and let me know if it's...you know...different.

Mr Stinger read it and didn't find it to his liking particularly - wasn't what he was hoping it would be. He said not bad but just not his cup of tea.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Slowing down with the reading a bit. Finished Amazonia and started Preston and Child's Cemetery Dance.

Really thinking about picking up an ereader tablet. Maybe the Kindle Fire or the new Nook Tablet announced today.

Went with a Nook Tablet but also picked up the eReader as i got a pretty good deal. Anyone else with the nook books, or are you all into the Kindle?

Grabbed Gideon's Sword for 7.99 on the Nook and it came with a free ebook by Brad Meltzer, The Zero Game.

Had a strong recommendation for Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Hope to get that for Christmas. Looks like a must read for any of the children of the 80s.

Currently reading The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson. Excellent as usual from Sanderson. It's based in the same world as his Mistborn trilogy.

Had a strong recommendation for Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Hope to get that for Christmas. Looks like a must read for any of the children of the 80s.

Currently reading The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson. Excellent as usual from Sanderson. It's based in the same world as his Mistborn trilogy.

Just read the Player One description. Going to have to add that to the wishlist too. :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...