[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oregon vs Auburn

Rockerbraves

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way, TCU should have been here instead. Oregon loses to Wisky as well. LSU, my Sooners, Ohio St, and of course Boise kicked their ass last yr as well. . Pac-10 doesnt play defense. Outside of Washingtons monumental upset of Nebraska, the pac-10 proved to be nothing but frauds this whole year. Stanford completely out classed Va Tech, but that was expected.

ball game Auburn.... :tup: And I just won $20 from a local Pac-10 fan who said Oregon is going to kill em..... I got 7 points... HEHE....

Just another example of your immaturity and your lack of knowledge of this game. You get so caught up in trying to get under peoples skin that you lose all credibility when you post garbage like this. Oregon played great defense all game, held a team that nortmally scores 40+ to 22. Problem is that Auburn's defense was even better. Congrats on your $20 :wacko: You are who we knew you were.

Congrats Auburn and the SEC. Great, and deserving accompishment.

36 points in those 2 games..17 against Ohio State, 19 against Auburn. Building a little rep here, Ducks.

When teams have time to prepare for them, they arent nearly as good. Throw in in both instances the other team has superior talent to anything they saw all year.

Now if Oregon is #1 to begin the year next year, it will be the biggest crime in sports. They will again play no one next season, and shouldnt be able to just back into this game next year.

What was so low class saying Oregon didnt belong here. Or that I was rooting for a team I had a small wager on. If that makes me not classy, guilty as charged

A, it's wrong. They were great this year. But the bigger issue is the insults and name calling. Try and show a modicum of class, dude. I don't have a problem if you feel the need to be a Pac-10 hater. But seriously, if you have such a problem with Wildcats or theprof, just put them on ignore. No need to hurl insults around to the degree you do. I know you've always loved OU and have always been a Pac-10 hater, but seriously, you're wrong. 5 Pac-10 teams had better defenses than OU this year statistically and frankly, Oregon played fine defense tonight against a very tough offense. Auburn wins by 1 TD and you're acting like a fool with this Oregon didn't belong on the field with them garbage. They were tied with 2 1/2 minutes left. You're living in a fantasy land if you think Oregon was undeserving of being here. I watched them all year and they were the real deal. Chip Kelly did a helluva a job.

I know you dig the trash talking but sometimes I just feel you go a bit far with it.

Just another example of your immaturity and your lack of knowledge of this game. You get so caught up in trying to get under peoples skin that you lose all credibility when you post garbage like this. Oregon played great defense all game, held a team that nortmally scores 40+ to 22. Problem is that Auburn's defense was even better. Congrats on your $20 :wacko: You are who we knew you were.

Congrats Auburn and the SEC. Great, and deserving accompishment.

Lets see. I said this

First of all Im glad this game is finally here. I think it will be a great game.

What worries me about this game is Oregon. Oregon beat exactly 1 ranked team all season, and did so easily. Stanford beat exactly no one all season, and that includes Va Tech. Though Stanford looked impressive, I have to admit. Auburn beat a slew of top 25 teams, an Alabama team that had them down by 3 Tds at Bama. A very impressive LSU squad, and the list goes on and on.

What seperates the SEC from every other conference is the size and speed of the front 7 on defense. No one has the kind of size/speed at DL and LB as the SEC brings, and that can not be game planned for. neither can the size and strength of Cam Newton.

Oregon is loaded with speed on offense, and should be able to score on anyone, but it wouldnt surprise me at all if they were completely shut down outside a couple of huge runs.

This game will be decided by the Oregon OL vs the Auburn DL/LBs. Whoever wins this battle will probably win the game.

And you said this

The difference in this game will be coaching and special teams and Oregon will be superior in both. Chip will have his team ready and prepared and Aliotta will put together a great game plan for Cam. I also think that Oregon will expose the secondary of Auburn.

Looking for a big game from Darron Thomas as he's had to listen to how great Cam Newton is for 6 weeks. He'll play with a chip on his shoulder and after the game the post game talk will be about his game. Oregon will stretch the lead to 2 touchdowns in the lattter stages of the game as they wear down Auburn with their pace and superior conditioning.

Oregon 38

Auburn 24

And who are you saying has lack of knowledge of this game. Oh Really?

No way, TCU should have been here instead. Oregon loses to Wisky as well. LSU, my Sooners, Ohio St, and of course Boise kicked their ass last yr as well. . Pac-10 doesnt play defense. Outside of Washingtons monumental upset of Nebraska, the pac-10 proved to be nothing but frauds this whole year. Stanford completely out classed Va Tech, but that was expected.

ball game Auburn.... :wacko: And I just won $20 from a local Pac-10 fan who said Oregon is going to kill em..... I got 7 points... HEHE....

No .... you said this. This say's all we need to know about you.

A, it's wrong. They were great this year. But the bigger issue is the insults and name calling. Try and show a modicum of class, dude. I don't have a problem if you feel the need to be a Pac-10 hater. But seriously, if you have such a problem with Wildcats or theprof, just put them on ignore. No need to hurl insults around to the degree you do. I know you've always loved OU and have always been a Pac-10 hater, but seriously, you're wrong. 5 Pac-10 teams had better defenses than OU this year statistically and frankly, Oregon played fine defense tonight against a very tough offense. Auburn wins by 1 TD and you're acting like a fool with this Oregon didn't belong on the field with them garbage. They were tied with 2 1/2 minutes left. You're living in a fantasy land if you think Oregon was undeserving of being here. I watched them all year and they were the real deal. Chip Kelly did a helluva a job.

I know you dig the trash talking but sometimes I just feel you go a bit far with it.

Ok, lets break this down. The Pac-10 is the whos and nots. Stanford and Oregon defense looked much better this season because their offenses made teams one dimensional for most of the game. The Big 12, has half the league averaging 30 + points or more and has a helluva lot better offense overall than the Pac-10. So total yards and points are skewed a bit. Auburn was hardly the best defense in the SEC, but they looked like world beaters against this micky mouse offense most of the night.

And Auburn had 2 flat out drops for TDs, and this game should not have been this close. So the final score doesnt even come close to telling the full story. Oregon had 1 scoring drive the whole 2nd half, and it was a result of a short field after a turnover.

And Auburn won by a FG, just correcting another mistake.. :wacko:

Sorry if you dont like hearing how this game was more dominant than the final score, or the way I saw the game.

No .... you said this. This say's all we need to know about you.

Yep, even more facts, just like how I said the game would be decided.

Is your user name really one of those backward things, like a fat guy being called TIny or Slim. Cause you seem to be the stupidest professor Ive ever seen. And this isnt a slam on you, just how can someone be so wrong, all the time. I know I throw out schtick all the time, is that what you are doing as well?

Ok, lets break this down. The Pac-10 is the whos and nots. Stanford and Oregon defense looked much better this season because their offenses made teams one dimensional for most of the game. The Big 12, has half the league averaging 30 + points or more and has a helluva lot better offense overall than the Pac-10. So total yards and points are skewed a bit. Auburn was hardly the best defense in the SEC, but they looked like world beaters against this micky mouse offense most of the night.

And Auburn had 2 flat out drops for TDs, and this game should not have been this close. So the final score doesnt even come close to telling the full story. Oregon had 1 scoring drive the whole 2nd half, and it was a result of a short field after a turnover.

And Auburn won by a FG, just correcting another mistake.. :wacko:

Sorry if you dont like hearing how this game was more dominant than the final score, or the way I saw the game.

You're leaving out the drive Oregon had it at the one...You either score or you don't. The final score is what it should have been. The Pac-10 had fine offenses in Stanford, U of O, USC, U of A, etc.... Show me some stats to prove your point. How much Pac-10 football did you even watch? It really sounds like next to none. The Pac-10 had 5 of the 30 offenses in the country including the #1 offense in the country.

And the Big 12 isn't who's and nots? What conference isn't? The Big-12 lost 5 bowl games this year, hardly impressive. Iowa State blows. Baylor sucks. Kansas sucks. K-State was hardly impressive. Nebraska and Colorado left the conference b/c it sucked so bad...for better conferences--namely the Pac-10 and Big-10. You don't see teams leaving the Pac-10, do you? OU finally got a BCS win b/c they finally got a crappy team to play against. If you had drawn a decent team, you would have gotten spanked ala the Beat Down USC put on you a few years back. Your team was more than unimpressive against a cr@ppy UConn team.

You talk about how bad the Pac-10 defenses are in one breath then basically admit how horrific the defense in the Big-12 is. At least on that we can agree.

Edited by Trojanmojo

And to all the SEC fans that root for SEC teams, shame on you. They are your rivals. I would NEVER root for my rival...ever. Typical south eastern philosophy though.

Who are your rivals Taz? What's your college team, dude? :wacko: