[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oregon vs Auburn

Rockerbraves

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have heard that the new Governor of Hawaii (D) has announced that he is going to release Obama's real birth certificate. Huh? You and others have asserted that it has already been released. There is a new bill in the House to force the POTUS to prove he is "natural born." There are many state bills to remove citizenship from anchor babies - which is all Obama can possibly be.

Laugh all you want, but I will eventually be vindicated on this issue. At least when that happens, you can look back on these discussions and not be caught unaware.

Cheers to all,

Happy New Year!

No, you won't. Not ever. :wacko:

Congrats to the Tigers. Best BCS Title game i've seen since 2002.

First time all season watching Oregon, and that offense is very impressive, so it goes without saying how I think the Tigers D played.

Both teams left points on the field , but credit to the defenses of both schools, really a game most figured to be offensively driven turned into a fantastic defensive match up.

Congrats to the Tigers. Best BCS Title game i've seen since 2002.

First time all season watching Oregon, and that offense is very impressive, so it goes without saying how I think the Tigers D played.

Both teams left points on the field , but credit to the defenses of both schools, really a game most figured to be offensively driven turned into a fantastic defensive match up.

I agree. I thought both defenses played well and both teams had missed opportunities, especially Oregon in the red zone. Give credit to Auburns defense for most of Oregons failures inside the 20. In hindsight, Chip Kelly chooses to kick the sure FG's and the NC trophy is in Eugene. Auburns defensive line was superb all night. Never thought Oregon would lose if they gave up only 20 points on defense.

Taz, I'm with you. If I see a guy with a UW logo as his avatar repeatedly referring to Oregon as "we", that person has no idea what it means to be a Husky fan. Get that f'n logo off your avatar traitor. Oregon isn't that far away, heard it is a lovely place to live. Typically I'll root for Pac-10 teams. The exception is Oregon. My favorite team is UW. My second favorite team is whoever is playing Oregon.

Bottom line is gimmick offenses don't work in bowl game scenarios.

Edited by Seahawks21

Taz, I'm with you. If I see a guy with a UW logo as his avatar repeatedly referring to Oregon as "we", that person has no idea what it means to be a Husky fan. Get that f'n logo off your avatar traitor. Oregon isn't that far away, heard it is a lovely place to live. Typically I'll root for Pac-10 teams. The exception is Oregon. My favorite team is UW. My second favorite team is whoever is playing Oregon.

Meh, if I had a chance to win 2k, I'd be blabbering fool. Never been in that situation, but I'm a greedy bastage so :wacko:.

Oregon was "we" for a night as I had a monetary interest in them winning. Even if there was not a $2,200 payday linked to a win for Oregon I still would have been pulling for them over Auburn. While they are our rival I still respect their program and if a PNW team is playing in a NC game I'll pull for them over a team from elsewhere all day long. I think that the fact that you won't speaks volumes. "Traitor" :tup: Good one. You call yourself a husky fan? You're as far from a real husky fan as they come.

Love your self portrait. Fitting :wacko:

Gimmick offenses do work in bowl game scenario's. Ask anyone that has played Boise St.

Gimmick offenses do work in bowl game scenario's. Ask anyone that has played Boise St.

You can find exceptions to anything in college football. I just think on a whole, there effectiveness is greatly reduced in bowl games. Overall though, I think the offense in BCS bowl games all suffer from some rust because the hugh delay from last game of the year to BCS bowl game. So its probably just a matter of to what degree does it affect some teams.

You can find exceptions to anything in college football. I just think on a whole, there effectiveness is greatly reduced in bowl games. Overall though, I think the offense in BCS bowl games all suffer from some rust because the hugh delay from last game of the year to BCS bowl game. So its probably just a matter of to what degree does it affect some teams.

I agree with this also. I think that part of Oregon's trouble last night in the red zone was that they relied to much on the gimmick stuff. I would have rathered seen them in a a more standard formation and throw the ball or get out on the edges with LaMichael. I was very impressed with how their defense held their own and held Auburn to 20 points.

Auburn's front seven was impressive, as expected. It almost seemed as though nobody was blocking Fairley at times... the dude was in the backfield within a second of the ball being snapped, several times. :tup: Might be a dirty player... I don't know. I didn't see him (this year) enough to say whether he is or is not. Either way, there's no denying his talent. I'm not sure I've ever seen a defensive lineman dominate a game like that, at least not a NC game.

Actually, the Auburn player I had a problem with was #32... Drops a gimme TD pass, then five minutes later he's flagged for basically kicking/kneeing a downed opponent (on camera) . The guy then has the nerve to claim to his coach that he did nothing wrong, throwing his hands up in the air. :wacko: Idiot.

I have to admit that I was very impressed with the Oregon speed, on defense, as well. They held Cam to almost nothing on the ground... the plays he did make were mostly 3rd and short, and he just barely made those. Any time he got into the open field, he was stopped pretty quickly. Same with the many WR screens that Auburn ran... the Oregon DB's were on those WR's almost before the ball arrived. Very impressive. The big plays that they did give up seemed to be blown coverage, not missed tackles, for the most part.

Oregon was "we" for a night as I had a monetary interest in them winning. Even if there was not a $2,200 payday linked to a win for Oregon I still would have been pulling for them over Auburn. While they are our rival I still respect their program and if a PNW team is playing in a NC game I'll pull for them over a team from elsewhere all day long. I think that the fact that you won't speaks volumes. "Traitor" :tup: Good one. You call yourself a husky fan? You're as far from a real husky fan as they come.

Love your self portrait. Fitting :wacko:

Go root for Oregon, traitor.

Do you think a Yankee fan would EVER root for the Red Sox? Under any circumstances? Do you think a Duke fan would ever root for UNC? Would a Cowboys fan ever root for the Eagles? Any self-respecting Husky fan would never in their life root for Oregon, period. They danced on the freakin' W at Husky Stadium for goodness sakes.

You are rooting for Oregon and referring to them as "we", and I'm the one that isn't a Husky fan!? Hahahhaha. And such nice words for their program! Respect their program? Oregon? Phil Knight? NO TRUE UW FAN WOULD EVER, EVER ROOT FOR OREGON. NO TRUE UW FAN WOULD EVER, EVER REFER TO OREGON AS "WE". NO TRUE UW FAN WOULD SAY THAT THEY RESPECT THOSE COCKY, ARROGANT LITTLE PUNKS. EVER. EVER. Go buy a green and yellow sweatshirt.

I could root for USC. I could root for WSU. UCLA. Oregon State. But Oregon? Sorry, I'm a Husky fan, and that ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.

Just a wild guess.....but you also want Matt Hasselbeck to stay around for 2-3 years and were in the camp that wanted Griffey to return? Tell me I'm wrong.

Do you think a Yankee fan would EVER root for the Red Sox? Under any circumstances? Do you think a Duke fan would ever root for UNC? Would a Cowboys fan ever root for the Eagles? Any self-respecting Husky fan would never in their life root for Oregon, period. They danced on the freakin' W at Husky Stadium for goodness sakes.

You are rooting for Oregon and referring to them as "we", and I'm the one that isn't a Husky fan!? Hahahhaha. And such nice words for their program! Respect their program? Oregon? Phil Knight? NO TRUE UW FAN WOULD EVER, EVER ROOT FOR OREGON. NO TRUE UW FAN WOULD EVER, EVER REFER TO OREGON AS "WE". NO TRUE UW FAN WOULD SAY THAT THEY RESPECT THOSE COCKY, ARROGANT LITTLE PUNKS. EVER. EVER. Go buy a green and yellow sweatshirt.

I could root for USC. I could root for WSU. UCLA. Oregon State. But Oregon? Sorry, I'm a Husky fan, and that ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.

Just a wild guess.....but you also want Matt Hasselbeck to stay around for 2-3 years and were in the camp that wanted Griffey to return? Tell me I'm wrong.

Wow, you're an angry little boy. Go Ducks :wacko:

I would think a Yankee fan would root for the Red Sox if it benefited the Yankees aka wildcard. And even more so if it helped his own family finacially.

fun game by 2 very evenly matched teams - not much separation between those 2 squads. Both teams left points on the field, and although it was a great play by the Aub RB, it just felt kind of a hollow way to get the W.......since everyone had stopped - but give him credit. I just think OT would have been fantastic.

- Thomas looked REAL sluggish to me, not sure if it was the layoff, he was over-hyped and had rubber legs or what but he just didnt look himself running the offense, getting to the corner and his burst was not there.

fwiw I don't have a problemt with UW fans pulling or hating Oregon. Not sure if I could pull for ASU in a NC title game...... but I would have no issue with anyone who did

fun game by 2 very evenly matched teams - not much separation between those 2 squads. Both teams left points on the field, and although it was a great play by the Aub RB, it just felt kind of a hollow way to get the W.......since everyone had stopped - but give him credit. I just think OT would have been fantastic.

- Thomas looked REAL sluggish to me, not sure if it was the layoff, he was over-hyped and had rubber legs or what but he just didnt look himself running the offense, getting to the corner and his burst was not there.

fwiw I don't have a problemt with UW fans pulling or hating Oregon. Not sure if I could pull for ASU in a NC title game...... but I would have no issue with anyone who did

maybe...only maybe (as I've not seen much Oregon football), Thomas appeared "sluggish" and his "burst was not there" because he was playing against a defense that had more speed than he has seen this season.

I would think a Yankee fan would root for the Red Sox if it benefited the Yankees aka wildcard. And even more so if it helped his own family finacially.

You're right. Ever may have been harsh. Mutual benefit is the one and only reason, and even that would make you feel awfully dirty. I doubt that any Yankee fan would ever put themself in a position where a Red Sox victory would help them financially.

Made me think though...what amount of money would it take for me to root for Oregon? Okay. I could see it for a few thousand. Still, isn't a chance on this earth that I would refer to them as "we". The thought makes me physically ill.

Boise State state runs the spread, but I'm not sure it is near as "gimmicky" as Oregon's. Boise St. actually relies on their quarterback to make some reads and complete passes in something that resembles a traditional passing game.

Edited by Seahawks21

maybe...only maybe (as I've not seen much Oregon football), Thomas appeared "sluggish" and his "burst was not there" because he was playing against a defense that had more speed than he has seen this season.

And it was pretty apparent that Auburn hadn't played against the type of speed that Oregon possessed.

I

No joke, this guy is as clueless as they come. I rooted like hell for Bama last yr in the NC game over texas. No way As a Sooner fan Im ever rooting for Texas, unless it sets up a 3 way tie to get my Sooners some sort of advantage.

And I can answer the question in bold. Not even when Hell freezes over would I root for Philly, unless it knocked someone else out of the way for Dallas.

I dont understand the SEC thing either. Some say they will try and kill each other, but in bowls they root for one another. I think they say that to prove the dominance of the conference. You think Nick Saban was rooting for Urban Meyer 2 years ago when FLA played OU, or Meyer rooted for Saban in last yrs NC game. Really? Hell no, it hurts you in recruiting when you are recruiting against the NC Champs in conference.

And these Pac-10 pukes are as bad as they come. Wildcatt just dismisses his team, I rarely read him say a word about his boys in a bowl. But openly over and over roots for Stanford and Oregon here. Its like a fair weather thing with these boys. Just pathetic.

And it was pretty apparent that Auburn hadn't played against the type of speed that Oregon possessed.

What Speed. L James, who was contained all night. Or the 81 yard pass, that the WR was caught from behind and resulted in no points on a true goal line stand.

And if you are referring to Oregons D. You think Oregons D was better than Bamas or LSU. Or had more speed than those guys. You are absolutely clueless if you are saying that.

Auburn dropped 2 sure fire TDs, where the WR was wide open, but the pass was off. Sure it happens, but it had nothing to do with Oregon on D on either occasion.

Oregon was stopped all night. So whatever points they so called left on the field was a result of the Auburn D.

Oregons offense was the most gimmicky thing Ive ever seen. And as Auburn proved, when you have time to prepare for them, they are easily contained. Hell even pathetic Cal showed the blueprint to slow them down. That fast pace isnt nearly as daunting when its 3 and out is it.

Auburn dropped 2 sure fire TDs, where the WR was wide open, but the pass was off. Sure it happens, but it had nothing to do with Oregon on D on either occasion.

Oregon was stopped all night. So whatever points they so called left on the field was a result of the Auburn D.

Oregons offense was the most gimmicky thing Ive ever seen. And as Auburn proved, when you have time to prepare for them, they are easily contained. Hell even pathetic Cal showed the blueprint to slow them down. That fast pace isnt nearly as daunting when its 3 and out is it.

Auburn fan? Ok there goes your Newbie of the Year vote....J.Stewart fan or not.