[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good luck Miami!

Hugh 0ne

Ok. For the 3rd friggin time he did not call plays in Philly.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I have only followed the Eagles a tad in the last 37 years....how could I (and the Vikings, and the 7 other teams that wanted him as a HC) have missed that?

Your right, he had nothing to do with the offense.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I have only followed the Eagles a tad in the last 37 years....how could I (and the Vikings, and the 7 other teams that wanted him as a HC) have missed that?

Your right, he had nothing to do with the offense.

Well, you may have followed them for 37 years, but that doesn't mean you're right. I'll stick around for that apology whenever you're ready.

Philadelphia Eagles (1999-2005)

Childress joined the Philadelphia Eagles for the 1999 NFL season, and helped the team to three consecutive trips to the NFC Championship game (2001–03), and a Super Bowl trip in 2004. Andy Reid, the Eagles' head coach, had previously worked with Childress at Northern Arizona University, a staff that also included future NFL coaches Bill Callahan and Marty Mornhinweg. Childress did not call plays, this responsibility was taken by Andy Reid. He did receive credit for his work with quarterback Donovan McNabb, who was named to five Pro Bowls during his time with Childress.

:wacko:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Childress

Edited by Hugh 0ne

:tup: does that somehow make him a bad OC? Reid still calls the plays. Lots of head coaches do.

Head coaches that have no faith or confidence in their OC's call the plays. So, technically, the answer to your first question is yes. And as per the wikipedia article, they do give Childress credit for his work with Donovan McNabb. Lol. Really? The fatass that couldn't win a Super Bowl? The guy that was replaced by Rex Grossman this year? That Donovan McNabb? :wacko:

Well, you may have followed them for 37 years, but that doesn't mean you're right.

Please point out any post I have ever written here at the Huddle where I stated that Childress called the plays. Hard to be wrong when you have never said what you are accused of saying.

I'll stick around for that apology whenever you're ready.:wacko:

Please point out any post I have ever written here at the Huddle where I stated that Childress called the plays. Hard to be wrong when you have never said what you are accused of saying.

I'll stick around for that apology whenever you're ready.:lol:

So wait a second. You said, and I quote "I have only followed the Eagles a tad in the last 37 years....how could I (and the Vikings, and the 7 other teams that wanted him as a HC) have missed that?" in response to Grunge saying that Childress didn't call the plays. So you're telling me that you were not disagreeing with Grunge? That's gonna be a tough one to sell Swammi. May want to rub on magic bottle a little bit. :wacko:

Feel free to start the backpedaling process any time now. :tup:

So wait a second. You said, and I quote "I have only followed the Eagles a tad in the last 37 years....how could I (and the Vikings, and the 7 other teams that wanted him as a HC) have missed that?" in response to Grunge saying that Childress didn't call the plays. So you're telling me that you were not disagreeing with Grunge? That's gonna be a tough one to sell Swammi. May want to rub on magic bottle a little bit. :tup:

Feel free to start the backpedaling process any time now. :lol:

:wacko: My resonse was almost 100% sarcastic. Its funny that you try to quote it above out of context. I started my post with "Thanks for clearing that up"...as if it was news to anyone that Childress didn't call the plays.

My response to Grunge was his iteration that Childress shouldn't be given any credit as a good OC because he didn't call the plays. Which is why I also wrote sarcastically "You are right, he had nothing to do with the offense".

Cmon man...you're better than that.

:wacko: My resonse was almost 100% sarcastic. Its funny that you try to quote it above out of context. I started my post with "Thanks for clearing that up"...as if it was news to anyone that Childress didn't call the plays.

My response to Grunge was his iteration that Childress shouldn't be given any credit as a good OC because he didn't call the plays. Which is why I also wrote sarcastically "You are right, he had nothing to do with the offense".

I honestly missed the sarcasm. I didn't quote it out of context because I thought you were serious. :lol: In the future a graemlin would help us slower huddle members.

Cmon man...you're better than that.

Apparently not? :tup:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

The responses here from Swammi and a couple of others seem to be saying that Chilly might have been a chitty HC but that he can be a great OC because of the success Reid had. I guess if he keeps Sparano happy by keeping the donuts coming you may eventually be proven right. I think the NE ballboy should be the Raiders next coach because hey the team went 14-2 this year. :wacko:

The responses here from Swammi and a couple of others seem to be saying that Chilly might have been a chitty HC but that he can be a great OC because of the success Reid had. I guess if he keeps Sparano happy by keeping the donuts coming you may eventually be proven right. I think the NE ballboy should be the Raiders next coach because hey the team went 14-2 this year. :wacko:

:lol:

If he's such the dufus you and the rest of Viking-nation makes him out to be, how does he have 3 decades worth of coaching experience at all levels....has he tricked everyone along the way? And how on earth does such a proud Vikings franchise hire him? What, did they not interview him? And then extend him? Uh, and for that matter, why did Reid hire him, and why is he on the short list for the Miami OC job? It aint the doughnuts, trust me. He may have made a mess of some relationship/player handling issues in Minny, and he may not be the most sexy guy in front of the cameras, but the dude knows how to put together an offense and draw up a pretty solid gameplan.

BTW, he did win the division and take you guys to the playoffs two of the last 3 years....oh wait, I am sure the Vikes won in spite of him, right? He only gets the blame when they lose, right? :tup:

:tup:

If he's such the dufus you and the rest of Viking-nation makes him out to be, how does he have 3 decades worth of coaching experience at all levels....has he tricked everyone along the way? And how on earth does such a proud Vikings franchise hire him? What, did they not interview him? And then extend him? Uh, and for that matter, why did Reid hire him, and why is he on the short list for the Miami OC job? It aint the doughnuts, trust me. He may have made a mess of some relationship/player handling issues in Minny, and he may not be the most sexy guy in front of the cameras, but the dude knows how to put together an offense and draw up a pretty solid gameplan.

BTW, he did win the division and take you guys to the playoffs two of the last 3 years....oh wait, I am sure the Vikes won in spite of him, right? He only gets the blame when they lose, right? :wacko:

Have you watched a single Vikings game with Childress as the head coach? Have you? Seriously? He couldn't find the challenge flag in his sock and lost the game because of it. Remember how all you Favre-basher love blaming Favre for that pick against the Saints in the Championship game? Do you know why Favre had to throw the ball? 12 men in the f*cking huddle. Whose f*cking fault is that? Don't talk about what you know absolutely nothing about. If you watched the Vikes during Childress' tenure you would know exactly how we feel. He made one mistake after another, it was a train wreck. And yes, they won despite him, not because of him. Thanks to Childress they moved up in the draft to get Tarvaris f*cking Jackson. The same year they could have had a chance at Brees. If it weren't for Childress, the Minnesota Vikings would have probably won one or two Super Bowls. And I'm pretty sure just about every Vikings fan that actually watches football would agree with me.

Edited by Hugh 0ne