[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mall-fall texting moron may file lawsuit

rattsass

Just caught the texting fountain mall faller on ABC with her lawyer. Seems she thinks the mall security should have rushed to her aid instead of laughing their asses off at what an idiot she is.

She tried her best to use a weepy voice in a lame attempt to gain sympathy, but all I could think as I listened to her sob story was that it was too bad the fountain wasn't empty.

If she does file suit, I hope a texting driver does us all a favor and takes her out of the gene pool.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just caught the texting fountain mall faller on ABC with her lawyer. Seems she thinks the mall security should have rushed to her aid instead of laughing their asses off at what an idiot she is.

She tried her best to use a weepy voice in a lame attempt to gain sympathy, but all I could think as I listened to her sob story was that it was too bad the fountain wasn't empty.

If she does file suit, I hope a texting driver does us all a favor and takes her out of the gene pool.

What happened exactly... Some girl was not paying attention while texting and fell in a fountain? Did she need medical attention or did she just get soaked and destroy her smart phone?

I probably agree with your closing statement.

What happened exactly... Some girl was not paying attention while texting and fell in a fountain? Did she need medical attention or did she just get soaked and destroy her smart phone?

I probably agree with your closing statement.

No. she got right up like nothing happened and went about her way. Mall security would have needed crotch-rockets to catch her.

No. she got right up like nothing happened and went about her way. Mall security would have needed crotch-rockets to catch her.

Jeesh, now were going to have to put up 8 foot tall security fences around mall fountains so that these dolts don't accidentally, while sexting, texting, tweeting, facebooking, or some other sort of "ing", kill themselves by falling into a body of water and not realizing it until the sink to the bottom. Then, they probably will be unable to swim out because that would force them to stop texting or even possibly force them to drop their phone.

On a side note, in the past three weeks I have had two people about run me off the road, in the same turn lane, because the were yapping on their phone and not paying attention to maintaining their lane during the turn. When you lay on the horn and shoot them a bird they still come on over, oblivious of the carnage they almost created. Buncha stupid ass hoes...

If you are stupid enough to fall into a mall water fountain while texting, then you suddenly aren't going to magically gain the intelligence to simply shut the f up and quietly walk away knowing it was yer own damn fault.

I wish we could ram any idiot talking on their cell phone while driving...much less texting where they should be removed from the gene pool quicker than this loser chick jumped out of the water.

Just saw the clip....pretty damn funny. Back story is....she works in the mall. :wacko: Even more reason to know there was a HUGH fountain right there.....LOL.

We are creating zombies with these phones. It's about as bad in grocery stores....no one looks up from their phone. How incompetent ARE you if you can't make a shopping trip without getting instructions from your significant other on the phone as to what to buy? Eggs? OK....what size? Milk? 2% or skim? Gallon? What kind of cheese?

Arghhhhhh.....make a freakin decision by yourself! :tup:

And get your damn cart out of the MIDDLE of the aisle!

Just saw the clip....pretty damn funny. Back story is....she works in the mall. :wacko: Even more reason to know there was a HUGH fountain right there.....LOL.

LOL...I didn't know she worked at the mall. Even more fail. :tup:

I'd like to see the allegations in the complaint.

If she was seriously injured, and mall security just laughed at her and did not offer her assistance, and that failure to assist her caused her injury, she might have something, irrespective of nature of the fall. Based on the video, this does not appear the case, although I suppose that she could have busted her face up pretty bad.

She may be focusing upon the publishing of the video by mall personnel. I'm not an expert in the area, but I'm not sure that she has any damages. Moreover, the video does not disclose her identity. You can't even get a clear look at her face. I bet that it was her or her attorney that brought her name into the public domain.

I doubt that we'll see a lawsuit, but you never know.

Now remember, all the lawyers tell us this never happens. Every time we post a story just like this, they'll be here to remind us that this never, ever never happens. :wacko:

I'll bite.

What never happens?

I'll bite.

What never happens?

That the mall will give her $10,000 to go away because it's cheaper than fighting it. And the "lawyer" will pocket $6,000 for doing nothing but filing some paperwork? Just a guess, though.

That the mall will give her $10,000 to go away because it's cheaper than fighting it. And the "lawyer" will pocket $6,000 for doing nothing but filing some paperwork? Just a guess, though.

Well, I'll reserve final judgment until I see what is said in the complaint, if one is filed. But, and I know some of you will never believe this, but the days of insurance companies "paying for something to go away" are long gone.

That person will never see a dime.

Well, I'll reserve final judgment until I see what is said in the complaint, if one is filed. But, and I know some of you will never believe this, but the days of insurance companies "paying for something to go away" are long gone.

That person will never see a dime.

The lawyer will :wacko:

The lawyer will :wacko:

Only from the person who is at the root of the problem in the first place and why would any of us care about that? The truth is that almost all lawsuits like this are great talking points for right wing radio but are thrown out as frivolous. I would have thought Faux News at least would know that, given what happened to O'Reilly and his fair and balanced claim........

Only from the person who is at the root of the problem in the first place and why would any of us care about that? The truth is that almost all lawsuits like this are great talking points for right wing radio but are thrown out as frivolous. I would have thought Faux News at least would know that, given what happened to O'Reilly and his fair and balanced claim........

I was just messing around - hence the wink.

Why bring in the right wing radio and fox news?? I did not see anything in this whole topic about right wing or fox news??

I was just messing around - hence the wink.

Why bring in the right wing radio and fox news?? I did not see anything in this whole topic about right wing or fox news??

Simply because that's where these urban myths grow and are nurtured as fact. They are blown out of proportion, misdescribed and rapidly achieve the status of fact through repetition.