[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philadelphia names Juan Castillo DC

tazinib1

Castillo is a great story....either ESPN or NFLN did a story on him and how he actually got his job in the NFL....let's just say he stalked the hel1 out of I think Gruden but he has earned his way...seems like a smart guy so who knows....sometimes fresh blood is what is needed rather than recycling the old boys network.

Castillo story on Youtube

I am not going to be shocked at all if Castillo is successful in his new role as DC

Edited by keggerz

.sometimes fresh blood is what is needed rather than recycling the old boys network.

Keg, how is hiring Castillo bringing in fresh blood? He has been the o-line coach of the Eagles for 10-12 years.

Now I don't know if Castillo will work out or not but the move is definitely seems a bit odd. The last time the guy coached defense was in 1989 and that was a high school team.

Keg, how is hiring Castillo bringing in fresh blood? He has been the o-line coach of the Eagles for 10-12 years.

Now I don't know if Castillo will work out or not but the move is definitely seems a bit odd. The last time the guy coached defense was in 1989 and that was a high school team.

I was speaking specifically of fresh blood to the position of DC.

I know we live and work in a society where people have their jobs because they are highly specialized but to think that an offensive coach can't grasp the defensive side of the ball might be a bit closed minded...I mean they have to scheme against a D so they should be able to do the reverse...and Castillo seems like a TEACHER and a "learner" and a very hard worker...I have no problem giving a guy like that a chance..and remember this...Andy Reid had NEVER been a HC prior to taking over the HC job for the Eagles.

At his introductory press conference Wednesday, Castillo called himself "a defensive guy that’s gotten stuck on the offensive side." Added Castillo, "(DL coach) Jim Washburn was brought here to get our defensive line up the field. We’re going to be fast, physical and fundamentally sound and be the best defense in the NFL."

Philadelphia Daily News

No mention yet on whether Castillo will run a 4-3 or 3-4.

Philadelphia Daily News

No mention yet on whether Castillo will run a 4-3 or 3-4.

they will run a 4-3, they don't have the personnel to run a 3-4...will they run some 3-4 looks at times like many do? sure but not enough to even worry about it.

plus if you read between the lines in the presser...the job of 3-4 line isn't really to get "up the field"

Edited by keggerz

:tup:

I kinda felt this was the answer but I didn't want to commit myself to it :wacko:

i probably should have added that is my opinion and not stated it as much as fact...but that is how I see it and I also was editing in something else when you quoted me.

Here is a quote by former Eagles defensive coach, NYG Defensive Coordinator and current Rams HC, Steve Spagnuolo...

"Great move by Coach Reid," St. Louis Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo, former Eagles assistant said in a statement. "Juan is a football junkie who has always studied the entire game. He's a detailed, aggressive, and passionate football coach - all attributes vital to coaching defense. I wish him all the best."

Even Santa Claus doesn't have the "it" factor for Eagles fans. Good luck to him.

Hahaha! Good one! :wacko::tup: Ahhhhh, just can't teach wit like yours.

Know what else has "it?" Your stadiums roof.

If you want to know something about our fans, check my sig.

Edited by fitzkek