[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garbage Day

satelliteoflovegm

I like Mondays. But we don't get to choose.....lol. Our trash day sort of floats and changes after holidays. If your pickup was on a Tuesday, and Monday is Labor Day (no trash pickup)...then you move forward a day to Weds, until the next holiday. And so on.

The city will fine you if you have the can out more than 24 hours before your pickup or longer than 24 hours aft pickup. No HOA required. :tup:

Recyclables and yard waste are Thursdays.....no rotation. That sort of sucks. It means you have to store your full yard bags most of the week, then drag them out front. But at least we have pickup. The mayor tried to discontinue that company's contract citing revenue woes. So he upped the city tax, then tried to renege on reinstating the service. I think he got a HUGH pile of lawn bags in his yard......lol. And I think the increase in cost for sewer contracting due to leaves left in piles on curbs running into the storm sewers probably wasn't worth the fight.

He picked the wrong battle. He's an idiot. I can't wait to get out of this county. :wacko:

...and they would put a lein on your house, leaving you unable to ever sell it, and likely cost you ridiculously more in legal fees.

I don't like most of their BS either (as I said, this was one of their few good policies to keep the neighborhood looking decent)....but if the simple threat of a fine gets Joe Lazy to make sure he isn't leaving trash recepticles all over the street all week...I am all for it.

It's entirely academic because when house hunting some time in the future, the question about whether there is an HA will be the very first I ask. I would NEVER move into an HA neighborhood and would flat refuse to join one if it ever came up later.

But I guess we pay so f*cking much in taxes, they have to justify it somehow. :wacko:

Ours isn't even picked up by the city. We have to hire a private company. So no tax benefit here.

Buncha city slickers here. Throw your trash in the back of the pick-up and take it to the dump like a real man. Oh wait, you guys would probably mess up your Priuses and Honda Odysseys. You guys won't last a week when cities inevitably fail.

Buncha city slickers here. Throw your trash in the back of the pick-up and take it to the dump like a real man. Oh wait, you guys would probably mess up your Priuses and Honda Odysseys. You guys won't last a week when cities inevitably fail.

:wacko:

Prii.

We had Monday. It was switched to Thursday at the beginning of the year. I like it better.