[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5 Hour Energy Drinks

whomper

5 Hour Energy drink  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Does a 5 hour energy drink really work?

• Yes, it gives a noticeable burst of energy
    • No, it is a placebo and offers no true burst
    • I have puddy blood and Adonis DNA

So I am pretty much working 7 days a week now , rented mule style. My brother in law told me about 5 hour energy drinks. I have never been an energy drink guy. I can count on one hand how many times I have had Red Bull etc. He said the 5 hour energy weren't loaded with sugar and caffeine so I gave one a shot. Not sure if I felt an actually burst of energy from it or just had the normal rush I get when it gets very busy behind the bar. What do you guys think of this or other energy drinks ? Real deal ?

Edited by Big John

Never had one (or a Red Bull) for that matter. The school has banned all the energy drinks the vendors (Coke and Pepsi) used to put in the machines because the kids were so buzzed after chugging them during lunch. Mountain Dew would give me the rush (but i haven't had one in over a year). I'm interested in seeing if anyone here has been drinking these things for any length of time and what the effects are.

off topic. can i buy a gun from you or is there paperwork like a title for a vehicle?

To lawfully buy a handgun from me, you would have to present me with a Michigan license to purchase a handgun or a valid Michigan Concealed Pistol LIcense.

To unlawfully purchase a handgun from me would cost you about 20x the amount of a lawful purchase.

Edited by Furd

5 hour energy works like a charm for me...I don't feel a "jolt" of energy, but I do feel consistently higher level energy than I might normally. I have to drink it with food in general otherwise it F's up my stomach.

It's also possibly the worse tasting stuff in the world.

To lawfully buy a handgun from me, you would have to present me with a Michigan license to purchase a handgun or a valid Michigan Concealed Pistol LIcense.

To unlawfully purchase a handgun from me would cost you about 20x the amount of a lawful purchase.

good info,thanks :wacko:

You can't even be trusted with a nail gun I surely don't want to see you with an actual firearm. :wacko:

I'd be wary of giving Nuke a soda gun

I've never had one personally, but a friend of mine used to take them fairly often, and they always seemed to work for him. I mean, he's a fairly hyper guy as it is, but when he would take one he would be bouncing off the walls. His manager at work would always comment to him wondering how the heck he could get 2-3 hours of work done in half an hour.

don't drink coffee at all (hate the taste) so energy drinks are my caffeine supply.

Red Bull - terrible taste, but i do get a jump. kinda scary that they're making them in 16oz plus sizes now...not sure i'd want to deal with that. good w/ vodka when "rolling in hot" to a party or bar.

Amp - tried all kinds of flavors, and the "lemonade" one tastes the best. downside is that they only come in 16oz sizes, and have SO much sugar. don't get the same caffeine boost compared to Red Bull, and don't go well with vodka.

RockStar - see Amp above.

Monster - only tried it once. tasted worse than Red Bull and only comes in the RockStar/Amp size.

5 Hour Energy - winner when it comes to caffeine delivery. only an ounce and a half, and easy to slam without all the sugar. and it does taste like poopies, but i can live with that for two minutes.