[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Round 1 Recap

Brentastic

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I like any of the situations of the top 3 fantasy prospects in this draft.

Green would be great IF Palmer stays, but it could be a long 2 years if they have a 2010 ARZ Card situation in Cincy.

Julio ended up on a very talented team, but not sure there are enough balls to go around with Roddy, Gonzo and Turner getting 25 carries a game

Ingram isnt my top back, that is Ryan Williams out of Va tech, but ending up on a pass first team, with Bush getting looks out of the backfield, and last I checked Pierre Thomas is still there as well. And Im not so sure Ingram isnt a Emmitt Smith clone, with a avg OL in front of him...

Baldwin looks to have fallen in the best situation on a pass first team like KC, and he can stretch the field opposite Bowe. And can you imagine how effective Charles is going to be with bowe and Baldwin outside.

Surprises:

Falcons moving up to grab Julio Jones!! Good move, imo.

Titans going with the gritty high character QB in Locker - but not the brightest light on the xmas tree.

Jaguars trading up to grab Blaine Gabbert. They got the consensus #1 QB at 11, not bad IF he's the real deal.

NYG grabbing Prince at 19.

Bears getting Carimi at 29!! :wacko:

Not sure I like any of the situations of the top 3 fantasy prospects in this draft.

Green would be great IF Palmer stays, but it could be a long 2 years if they have a 2010 ARZ Card situation in Cincy.

Julio ended up on a very talented team, but not sure there are enough balls to go around with Roddy, Gonzo and Turner getting 25 carries a game

Ingram isnt my top back, that is Ryan Williams out of Va tech, but ending up on a pass first team, with Bush getting looks out of the backfield, and last I checked Pierre Thomas is still there as well. And Im not so sure Ingram isnt a Emmitt Smith clone, with a avg OL in front of him...

Baldwin looks to have fallen in the best situation on a pass first team like KC, and he can stretch the field opposite Bowe. And can you imagine how effective Charles is going to be with bowe and Baldwin outside.

:wacko:

Smith and Carimi are the two steals right now. Heyward isn't a true steal is that is where many people had him but he is a great player and perfect fit in Pitt's d. I can't imagine a better fit.

:wacko:

What is Green Bay, and run or pass team.

Cassel and Rodgers both missed 1 game, and Cassel had 25 fewer pass attempts on the season...

And 42 fewer attempts than Brady, who didnt miss a game. And Brady had over 42 attempts several times on the season.

Edited by Brent

fixt

Negative.

They've made it no secret that Kaepernick is, in their opinion, the #1 QB in this draft.

(So no, the Raiders won't screw up by taking Mallet over Kaepernick, but yes - they would have taken Collin over all of the other first round QBs today...)

Yep. I'd rather see Dalton go to ARI anyways. I think CIN would ruin him.

It will be interesting b/c Pats could play those two teams off each other to swap picks (and possibly SF and Buffalo as well). Sounds like zona is probably going to get Bulger but he's a short term solution really. Bengals are probably more desperate - assuming Palmer is definitely out of there which seems to be the case.

Negative.

They've made it no secret that Kaepernick is, in their opinion, the #1 QB in this draft.

(So no, the Raiders won't screw up by taking Mallet over Kaepernick, but yes - they would have taken Collin over all of the other first round QBs today...)

I still think the ancient one will make them take Mallet's arm. It is too natural of a fit for them.

R Bush just tweeted "It's been fun New orleans"

I'll believe it when I see it.

Loved the NO draft, glad they passed on Bowers, and being an SEC guy, love getting Ingram as well even though he played for the Tide. :wacko:

Bears getting Carimi at 29!! :wacko:

Outstanding pick by the Bears, IMO. I watched a lot of Wisconsin football this past season and Carimi is a total beast. If Tice can work his magic on him, Cutler is going to have way better protection than before.

Bust? The guy definately hasn't been a bust. That would be your boy Vince :wacko:

Vince aint my boy, that for sure. And Vince has done more than Bush has done. Bush at #2 overall has been a huge bust. Vince has a winning record as a NFL QB, even playing for Tenn.

No surprise with the Bolts pick - Corey Liuget, defensive lineman out of my alma mater, Illinois. Next pick will probably be another lineman or a linebacker.