[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Round 1 Recap

Brentastic

Does anyone think there may be something in the works (unofficially) with the Saints and Pats for PT? They almost traded last year, then NO gave him a contract, then they trade with the Pats to move up to get Ingram.

Zero chance. BJGE is better and not injury prone.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think there may be something in the works (unofficially) with the Saints and Pats for PT? They almost traded last year, then NO gave him a contract, then they trade with the Pats to move up to get Ingram.

I think his price is right and he catches very well. I'm not sure they care for his injury history though.

Thomas and Bush may be gone.

Well they just gave PT a new contract so I'm not sure he'll be going anywhere. Likely Bush is asked (forced) to take less money to stick around and becomes just a 3rd down back and return guy. They could also still split him out wide at times as a receiver.

I have some concerns about Ivory's injuries so I'm interested to see how things pan out with him.

Edited by myhousekey

Well they just gave PT a new contract so I'm not sure he'll be going anywhere. Likely Bush is asked (forced) to take less money to stick around and becomes just a 3rd down back and return guy. They could also still split him out wide at times as a receiver.

I have some concerns about Ivory's injuries so I'm interested to see how things pan out with him.

:wacko:Bush tweeted last night that his days with the Saints were over.

Edited by Big John

You may be right, but what makes you say that? I've never seen him in that roll and when he moved into OLB in the 3-4, he was a freaking monster. Move him to the weak side with his speed and he could be crazy good on pass rush.

Yeah. And more importantly , I just protected him in RFA as a LB and I really dont need him at DE. I think they should take that into consideration as well

Edited by whomper

Bush tweeted last night that his days with the Saints were over.

Yes, I know. But we don't know if they've told him they are letting him go / trading him or he's just seeing the writing on the wall with the Ingram pick. I don't think its out of the question he could be back with the team. Likewise I don't think its unrealistic to think he's gone.

The Saints have 10 RB's on the roster as of today....If they want to keep Reggie they certainly can.

ETA: I think Reggie would probably prefer to be released than take less money. I'm just not sure he's going to find the amount of money he's looking for on the open market and thus may be back to square 1 playing for the Saints anyways...

Edited by myhousekey

Bush takes a cut and stays. Bush sucks fantasy wise, but he makes the Saints a more dangerous team for the simple fact that when he splits out you have to account for him or pay the price. By doing this it opens things up for all the other weapons. He is more or less an expensive decoy, but Payton know this and knows how to use him.

Ingram will be the main back when he understands the O and picks up blitzes and such. How long this takes is the question? I couls easily see them trading PT or Ivory, but with their injury history it will be difficult. and don't forget we have Hamilton coming back from injury who was looking real good before.

19 Giants - Amukamara, Prince - Does this spell dome for Rolle?

Rolle is a safety and played well last year. He's not going anywhere.

I like this pick a lot, despite CB not being a glaring need. He was the consensus best player available when they got him, in fact he was considered a top 10-12 pick across the board. This was a steal. Giants are now loaded at CB where 5-6 years ago it was their biggest weakness by far.

I think drafting is one thing this current group in the front office does extremely well. I am really glad they are patient, don't reach for guys, and don't trade the future away on the latest flashy name. Some of that stuff that other teams do would drive me nuts.

Rolle is a safety and played well last year. He's not going anywhere.

I like this pick a lot, despite CB not being a glaring need. He was the consensus best player available when they got him, in fact he was considered a top 10-12 pick across the board. This was a steal. Giants are now loaded at CB where 5-6 years ago it was their biggest weakness by far.

I think drafting is one thing this current group in the front office does extremely well. I am really glad they are patient, don't reach for guys, and don't trade the future away on the latest flashy name. Some of that stuff that other teams do would drive me nuts.

I hate the Giants but I have always respected the way they built their teams.

He's already stated that he's willing to renegotiate.

That was when it was him, PT, Ivory and Hamilton but if you now add the #1 drafted RB that is obviously there to be the future and get a decent amount of touches I'm sure it changes things. He stated he would be willing to renegotiate but then last night he tweets "it's been nice" I think he's gone.

You may be right, but what makes you say that? I've never seen him in that roll and when he moved into OLB in the 3-4, he was a freaking monster. Move him to the weak side with his speed and he could be crazy good on pass rush.

4-3 OLBs have to - repeat, HAVE TO - have coverage ability, and that means TEs and RBs, maybe even an occasional slot receiver. Dumervil doesn't have that ability. Let him put his hand in the dirt & rush and you are using him to his strength. Even then, he should be no more than a situational rusher given how much ground he gives on running plays. He's not a reader, shedder, & scraper. He's a close-contact speed rusher.

And Reggie Bush has a Superbowl ring, to which he was a big contributor.. :wacko: And maybe you haven't been paying attention the last 5 years, but Bush has been one of the more humble players in the league despite all the controversy.

I'd have thought the Saints made the RB selection to cover for Thomas and the fact he only plays four times a year rather than Bush.

4-3 OLBs have to - repeat, HAVE TO - have coverage ability, and that means TEs and RBs, maybe even an occasional slot receiver. Dumervil doesn't have that ability. Let him put his hand in the dirt & rush and you are using him to his strength. Even then, he should be no more than a situational rusher given how much ground he gives on running plays. He's not a reader, shedder, & scraper. He's a close-contact speed rusher.

That's why I suggested moving him to the weak side. He has great speed and putting him on the weak side would give him that cushion to bounce of the TE/DE blocking and create a ton of pressure on the QB. As a DE in the 4-3, I think he was good but nothing exceptional. He almost bloomed when he moved into the OLB position. Granted, I think he will do fine in the DE, but I think we could have benefited utilizing the talent we already have and adding additions we are very weak at.

Just to reiterate, I like Miller allot and he will be a fine addition to Denver. But as you mentioned about Dumervil's weaknesses, Miller also is from a 3-4 background and will need to adapt to the new scheme.

Edited by BearBroncos