[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Round 1 Recap

Brentastic

I'd have thought the Saints made the RB selection to cover for Thomas and the fact he only plays four times a year rather than Bush.

Yeah, I think that's the more likely reason. I think the Saints want o keep both PT & Bush, but I think PT's role may diminish a bit.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. I was hoping Carimi would slide down because a few teams reached for quarterbacks. :wacko:

When the Bears were on the clock, I was thinking Angelo is an idiot if he doesn't take him.

And that's why Angelo gets zero credit for this. His 1st round history is still very suspect and taking the guy everyone knew they should is not an accomplishment.

Let's face it, that OL is so crappy if he doesn't take 5 more OL I consider it a fail. :tup:

And that's why Angelo gets zero credit for this. His 1st round history is still very suspect and taking the guy everyone knew they should is not an accomplishment.

Let's face it, that OL is so crappy if he doesn't take 5 more OL I consider it a fail. :wacko:

Angelo probably had Cutler standing at his shoulder with a 9mm pointed at his head.

anyone have any insight on the OLineman that the Eagles drafted?....apparently he'll likely be able to start at Guard or Tackle? day one and is 26....

Ray Didinger spoke highly of him, but I haven't seen what Mayock or anyone else has said....

anyone have any insight on the OLineman that the Eagles drafted?....apparently he'll likely be able to start at Guard or Tackle? day one and is 26....

Ray Didinger spoke highly of him, but I haven't seen what Mayock or anyone else has said....

He sucks

I'm pleased that the Lions looked outside the box and drafted that Chris Farley fella from Auburn.

I imagine that the centers for the other teams in the NFC north were not as pleased.

Angelo probably had Cutler standing at his shoulder with a 9mm pointed at his head.

Tice apparently had a major man crush on this guy. Let's wait, my fear now is Angelo does something dumb like take out a small mortgage on draft picks to trade up for Dareus and his balky knee.

Tice apparently had a major man crush on this guy. Let's wait, my fear now is Angelo does something dumb like take out a small mortgage on draft picks to trade up for Dareus and his balky knee.

You mean Da'quan Bowers? At this point, getting a guy like this in round 2 offers good risk/reward ratio, imo. The guy was a top 5 pick 2 months ago. I would love if the bears took a flyer on him.

I'm pleased that the Lions looked outside the box and drafted that Chris Farley fella from Auburn.

I imagine that the centers for the other teams in the NFC north were not as pleased.

He looked pissed when they called his name. Dude barely even cracked a smile when he was up there with Goodell.

You mean Da'quan Bowers? At this point, getting a guy like this in round 2 offers good risk/reward ratio, imo. The guy was a top 5 pick 2 months ago. I would love if the bears took a flyer on him.

Yeah, Bowers. :wacko: whoops. Hey, if he drops to them in the second round, then sure but if his knee gives it Dan Bazuin II and that I will NOT be happy with: Angleo plays grab ass in the draft too much and my spider sense is tingling.

Yeah, Bowers. :wacko: whoops. Hey, if he drops to them in the second round, then sure but if his knee gives it Dan Bazuin II and that I will NOT be happy with: Angleo plays grab ass in the draft too much and my spider sense is tingling.

Yeah, I hear ya. Well, the Bears have proven time and again that they DO know how to draft defensive players. It's always the offensive side that's been trouble. I'm ecstatic with the Carimi pick, however and would love it if they grabbed another O-lineman in round 2. If they go defense, I'm fine with that too. I'd actually like for them to move up and grab Aaron Williams (CB) but that won't happen. I'd also love for them to trade up and get Andy Dalton and then trade Cutler but that DEFINITELY won't happen.

And Reggie Bush has a Superbowl ring, to which he was a big contributor.. :wacko: And maybe you haven't been paying attention the last 5 years, but Bush has been one of the more humble players in the league despite all the controversy.

Contributor on what Special teams. He was the 2nd pick in the draft and cant even lead his team in rushing and he is a running back. BUST. And yea the controversy humbled him, but he was cocky as hell when he was drafted and if you remember correctly had no interest in going to New Orleans, but had no choice.

You may be right, but what makes you say that? I've never seen him in that roll and when he moved into OLB in the 3-4, he was a freaking monster. Move him to the weak side with his speed and he could be crazy good on pass rush.

well of course, the broncos used to play a 4-3, and dumervil was an end. that's also what he did in college. he did well in that role. dumervil is suited to be a 4-3 end or a 3-4 rushing olb. miller is smaller, faster and more athletic. he is suited to be an olb in either configuration. he will have a lot more pursuit and coverage responsibilities in a 4-3, but I am sure they will find ways to get him in the backfield.

So am I. :rofl: Bad attitude, and he already looks like he's getting fat. You'll have the :wacko: on this one in about 24 regular season games.

Mr. Suh might have something to say about Chris Farley's attitude if it becomes an issue.

Forgot the :tup: last post.

:lol:

So does Ivory get traded? I acquired him in a dynasty league.

Ivory returns to being RB depth they hope they do not need where he belongs.

That blows, I'm gonna miss the first hour+ :tup:
Slingbox! :lol:
DVR

:wacko:

Vacation.

From BC Canada. Grew up around Hockey and didn't start playing football until he was in college. He's 26 and just not getting drafted because he took three years off to be a fire fighter. A local station has done a few interviews with him prior to the draft and he seems to be all class. And a nasty blocker. If he was 2-3 years younger he'd have gone 10 or so picks higher imo. The guy is going to be a monster. Mayock says he's a Logan Mankins clone.

Vacation.

From BC Canada. Grew up around Hockey and didn't start playing football until he was in college. He's 26 and just not getting drafted because he took three years off to be a fire fighter. A local station has done a few interviews with him prior to the draft and he seems to be all class. And a nasty blocker. If he was 2-3 years younger he'd have gone 10 or so picks higher imo. The guy is going to be a monster. Mayock says he's a Logan Mankins clone.

:wacko: thank you, I heard on the radio just a bit ago that he's pretty much like Jon Runyan with his style of play and aggressiveness....but either comparison is fine with me...