[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We Started a Charitable Foundation In Mom's Memory

The Wolf

Some of you know that my mom passed away 10 years ago (8/7/01). She was our angel and a very giving person, donating to several charities. It took my brothers and I a long time to get ourselves moving, but I am proud to write that we created a foundation in Mom's name, so that we may continue her charitable efforts. We named it Barbara's Heart Foundation. We are in the process of obtaining 501 C 3 status.

Facebook: Barbara's Heart on Facebook

Our Mission

Barbara's Heart Foundation Inc., created in 2011 in the memory of Barbara Ann Iadanza, is a charitable, not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to actively serve people stricken by illness as well as their families, to help improve their quality of life, and to help ease their pain and suffering. By conducting charitable functions and events, the Barbara's Heart Foundation will make gifts to organizations dedicated to finding cures to disease and to making the lives of those who suffer more tolerable, hopeful, and joyful. We shall serve and operate with compassion, with heart, and with caring, the same traits that our namesake instilled in us.

This past weekend, we held a car wash in Moriches, NY. It was our first event (another car wash is planned for Labor Day weekend followed by a golf outing in Calverton Links on September 9) and was held mainly so we could teach our kids what charity and fund raising is all about. We had 12 kids, ages 4 to 10, scrubbing and drying cars. In all, there were 28 of us there that day. The love and support we received from passersby, drivers, and volunteers was truly amazing. Dad broke down and cried a few times. Without a doubt, following my daughter being born and marrying my wife, it was the single greatest day of my life!

I know Huddlers are charitable folks; I've seen it and participated in their activities for a long while now. My intent here is to give you all another option when you are looking to donate somewhere; if nothing comes of this, so be it...I thank you for reading! But I had to let you all know about it because if you don't know, you can't consider contributing! If you are so inclined to donate, or if you are close to Long Island and want to join our golf outing, we really appreciate it!

We are also on Facebook, so if you can check us out and possibly "like" the page, it will aid in spreading the word!

Additionally, as the Communications Director for the Foundation, I have written a press release on the event (we planned it last minute so never got to reach out to local media for coverage) and would like to send to local outlets. Aside from obtaining contact information (fax and email) thru web searches, I am not exactly sure how to do this. If anyone has experience here and would like to share it, I am SO willing to listen.

Thank you in advance, Huddlers. I hope you don't find my reaching out in poor taste, but I wanted to make you all aware of what my family and I are doing.

Best,

The Wolf - Robert Iadanza

God bless your mother... what you're doing is a tribute to her life and is a fantastic way to give to those charitable organizations that improve the quality of life of so many affected by disease. To run something like this is akin to a full-time job in and of itself, so kudos to you and your brothers - and rest of the family - for putting such a thing together.

:wacko:

God bless your mother... what you're doing is a tribute to her life and is a fantastic way to give to those charitable organizations that improve the quality of life of so many affected by disease. To run something like this is akin to a full-time job in and of itself, so kudos to you and your brothers - and rest of the family - for putting such a thing together.

:wacko:

Thank you, Darin! We truly appreciate what you wrote.

Some of you know that my mom passed away 10 years ago (8/7/01). She was our angel and a very giving person, donating to several charities. It took my brothers and I a long time to get ourselves moving, but I am proud to write that we created a foundation in Mom's name, so that we may continue her charitable efforts. We named it Barbara's Heart Foundation. We are in the process of obtaining 501 C 3 status.

Facebook: Barbara's Heart on Facebook

Our Mission

Barbara's Heart Foundation Inc., created in 2011 in the memory of Barbara Ann Iadanza, is a charitable, not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to actively serve people stricken by illness as well as their families, to help improve their quality of life, and to help ease their pain and suffering. By conducting charitable functions and events, the Barbara's Heart Foundation will make gifts to organizations dedicated to finding cures to disease and to making the lives of those who suffer more tolerable, hopeful, and joyful. We shall serve and operate with compassion, with heart, and with caring, the same traits that our namesake instilled in us.

This past weekend, we held a car wash in Moriches, NY. It was our first event (another car wash is planned for Labor Day weekend followed by a golf outing in Calverton Links on September 9) and was held mainly so we could teach our kids what charity and fund raising is all about. We had 12 kids, ages 4 to 10, scrubbing and drying cars. In all, there were 28 of us there that day. The love and support we received from passersby, drivers, and volunteers was truly amazing. Dad broke down and cried a few times. Without a doubt, following my daughter being born and marrying my wife, it was the single greatest day of my life!

I know Huddlers are charitable folks; I've seen it and participated in their activities for a long while now. My intent here is to give you all another option when you are looking to donate somewhere; if nothing comes of this, so be it...I thank you for reading! But I had to let you all know about it because if you don't know, you can't consider contributing! If you are so inclined to donate, or if you are close to Long Island and want to join our golf outing, we really appreciate it!

We are also on Facebook, so if you can check us out and possibly "like" the page, it will aid in spreading the word!

Additionally, as the Communications Director for the Foundation, I have written a press release on the event (we planned it last minute so never got to reach out to local media for coverage) and would like to send to local outlets. Aside from obtaining contact information (fax and email) thru web searches, I am not exactly sure how to do this. If anyone has experience here and would like to share it, I am SO willing to listen.

Thank you in advance, Huddlers. I hope you don't find my reaching out in poor taste, but I wanted to make you all aware of what my family and I are doing.

Best,

The Wolf - Robert Iadanza

talk/meet with your Chamber Of Commerce

Very nice Wolf. My family does something similar in my brothers honor/memory. We donate to charities that have helped or were close to my brothers heart (MD, Make-A-Wish, Gift of Life, Heart Associations) plus we have a high school scholarship & our biggest donation goes to help a local family that has hit hard times & can use some help. Maybe we can throw ideas off of each other & help each other out.

Very nice Wolf. My family does something similar in my brothers honor/memory. We donate to charities that have helped or were close to my brothers heart (MD, Make-A-Wish, Gift of Life, Heart Associations) plus we have a high school scholarship & our biggest donation goes to help a local family that has hit hard times & can use some help. Maybe we can throw ideas off of each other & help each other out.

:wacko: Kudos!

Thanks to all who responded! Timmy, I will be reaching out to you for sure!

I divvy up my charity money between a few Animal Humane Societies and the American Heart Association since the heart attack. They are a fantastic organization performing miracles everyday. Good for you and I know your Mom would be proud! :wacko:

I divvy up my charity money between a few Animal Humane Societies and the American Heart Association since the heart attack. They are a fantastic organization performing miracles everyday. Good for you and I know your Mom would be proud! :wacko:

Exactly what we'll be doing. There are a few charities Mom used to donate to, but we'll be adding some of the smaller local ones that don't receive much love from people. All charities are for good causes, but some really don't get much attention. Thanks Tim!

• 2 weeks later...