[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apparently Meth is legal now

detlef

I've heard the ad now 2-3 times and, every time, I'm amazed at the "side effects".

Here they are from the website:

• NUVIGIL may cause serious side effects including a serious rash or a serious allergic reaction that may affect parts of your body such as your liver or blood cells, and may result in hospitalization and be life-threatening. If you develop a skin rash, hives, lesions in your mouth, blisters, swelling, peeling, or yellowing of the skin or eyes, trouble swallowing or breathing, dark urine, or fever, stop taking NUVIGIL and call your doctor right away or get emergency help.

• NUVIGIL is not approved for children for any condition. It is not known if NUVIGIL is safe or if it works in children under the age of 17.

What are possible side effects of NUVIGIL?

• Stop taking NUVIGIL and call your doctor or get emergency help if you get any of the following serious side effects:

o Mental (psychiatric) symptoms, including: depression, feeling anxious, sensing things that are not really there, increase in activity (mania), thoughts of suicide, aggression, or other mental problems

o Symptoms of a heart problem, including: chest pain, abnormal heart beat, and trouble breathing

• Common side effects of NUVIGIL are headache, nausea, dizziness, and trouble sleeping. These are not all the side effects of NUVIGIL.

What I remember from the ads and was not mentioned in this list was the fact that it is known to be habit forming.

I think they left off, losing all your teeth, and pawning your(or your parent's) possessions and/or selling your body to get a fix.

Edited by detlef

No doubt! One of many out there that the listed side effects have me saying to myself "Self, I think I would rather have the illness these are suppossed to help, than the side effects they cause". :wacko:

No doubt! One of many out there that the listed side effects have me saying to myself "Self, I think I would rather have the illness these are suppossed to help, than the side effects they cause". :wacko:

For what it's worth, the "illness" is falling asleep at work. Excuse me, "Shift work sleep disorder". Um, that's why most of us drink coffee?

Coffee. Side effects may include, taking a big poop.

Edited by detlef

I've heard the ad now 2-3 times and, every time, I'm amazed at the "side effects".

I think they left off, losing all your teeth, and pawning your(or your parent's) possessions and/or selling your body to get a fix.

....and residents of Florida may no longer be eligible for Welfare.

Drug Company: "You're sick."

Me: "No, I don't think I am."

Drug Company: "Trust us, you need to buy our drugs. Just talk to your doctor."

Me: "But I don't want to go to the doctor."

Drug Company: "Don't you feel one or more of these vaguely worded symptoms, at least sometimes? Sure you do. That's because something is (probably) very, very wrong with you."

Me. "Oh... well, I *suppose* I experience some of those vaguely worded symptoms once in a while. But that could be anything, right?"

Drug Company: "Nope. You (probably) have a disorder. Don't you want to be happy? You need to buy our drugs if you want to be happy again. Ever. Remember - you (probably) have a disorder. Go ask your doctor. He'll tell you he can't *disprove* that you don't have this disorder. And we left some free samples that he'll give you."

Me: "Huh. Well, what are the drug's side effects?"

Drug Company: "You're going to have to talk to our lawyers about that."

Me: "Is the drug habit forming?"

Drug Company: "Don't worry about that right now - it's in the fine print somewhere. What's more important is that you come to terms with your disorder. And that only we can help you feel normal."

Me: "What do you mean by 'normal'?"

Drug Company: "You know that way you'd like to feel? Like that."

Me: "I'm not sure I totally understand, but ok. How much does your drug cost?"

Drug Company: "If you have to ask you probably can't afford it. But don't worry about that right now because - if you just go see your doctor like we said - your insurance will probably cover it."

Me: "Phfew, well that's good. But if my insurance doesn't cover the cost can I get your drug in generic form?"

Drug Company: "What!?!?! Of course not. This isn't Canada, or communist Russia."

Me: "Wait a second. You just told me I (probably) have a vaguely worded disorder that I didn't even know about. And now I might not even be able to afford the recommend treatment that I saw for the first time on TV? Don't you care about my well being?"

Drug Company: "Well, that depends - are you a stockholder?"

Edited by yo mama

t I remember from the ads and was not mentioned in this list was the fact that it is known to be habit forming.

And burgularizing homes and businesses to get things to pawn off :wacko:

Drug Company: "You're sick."

Me: "No, I don't think I am."

Drug Company: "Trust us, you need to buy our drugs. Just talk to your doctor."

Me: "But I don't want to go to the doctor."

Drug Company: "Don't you feel one or more of these vaguely worded symptoms, at least sometimes? Sure you do. That's because something is (probably) very, very wrong with you."

Me. "Oh... well, I *suppose* I experience some of those vaguely worded symptoms once in a while. But that could be anything, right?"

Drug Company: "Nope. You (probably) have a disorder. Don't you want to be happy? You need to buy our drugs if you want to be happy again. Ever. Remember - you (probably) have a disorder. Go ask your doctor. He'll tell you he can't *disprove* that you don't have this disorder. And we left some free samples that he'll give you."

Me: "Huh. Well, what are the drug's side effects?"

Drug Company: "You're going to have to talk to our lawyers about that."

Me: "Is the drug habit forming?"

Drug Company: "Don't worry about that right now - it's in the fine print somewhere. What's more important is that you come to terms with your disorder. And that only we can help you feel normal."

Me: "What do you mean by 'normal'?"

Drug Company: "You know that way you'd like to feel? Like that."

Me: "I'm not sure I totally understand, but ok. How much does your drug cost?"

Drug Company: "If you have to ask you probably can't afford it. But don't worry about that right now because - if you just go see your doctor like we said - your insurance will probably cover it."

Me: "Phfew, well that's good. But if my insurance doesn't cover the cost can I get your drug in generic form?"

Drug Company: "What!?!?! Of course not. This isn't Canada, or communist Russia."

Me: "Wait a second. You just told me I (probably) have a vaguely worded disorder that I didn't even know about. And now I might not even be able to afford the recommend treatment that I saw for the first time on TV? Don't you care about my well being?"

Drug Company: "Well, that depends - are you a stockholder?"

funniest chit I've read in awhile. I've had a couple drinks but (chit you not) this gets my vote for post of the year so far.

funniest chit I've read in awhile. I've had a couple drinks but (chit you not) this gets my vote for post of the year so far.

+1 (on the drinking too!... I call it self-medicating)

Good stuff right here!

:wacko:

Edited by millerx

And burgularizing homes and businesses to get things to pawn off :wacko:

No kidding, this kinda shady guy I know just stopped by yesterday with two flat screen TVs that he wanted to sell to me....

I still shake my head every time a drug commerical comes on and the nice announcer advises me to consult my doctor if I have thoughts of suicide while taking their medication. George Foreman Grill people??? So my arthritis might be a bit more bearable but I MIGHT KILL MYSELF???

No kidding, this kinda shady guy I know just stopped by yesterday with two flat screen TVs that he wanted to sell to me....

Off topic.

I was having a party in college in the front yard. Guy stops in front of the house in a car with out of state plates and asks if anybody wants to buy a tv. He opens his trunk and theres a vaguely new tv. I offer to buy it for like $20 or something. We bargain and agree on like $50 or something. He hands me the remote and it doesn't match that tv. I ask for the real remote. He offers to knock something off the price so I take it. I then ask him about he brand new dart board in the trunk. He sells it to me for $20. I swear it was all his.

OK, so here's another part I don't get. Presumably, "Shift Work Sleep Disorder" basically means you fall asleep at work because you work the night shift. I mean, if you're pulling 9 to 5 and need something like this, you've got other issues.

Who works the night shift? Well, cops do for starters. But I'm not so sure how stoked I am to have cops who "may show signs of aggression and/or imagine things are there that really aren't." Ditto with night watchmen and, bouncers at late-night clubs.

Who else? Well, there's guys working the night shift at some factory. Too bad you're not supposed to drive or use "any other dangerous equipment". Um, like welders or other assembly-line machinery?

Bus drivers? See the bit about driving.

So, that pretty much leaves janitors. I guess I can't see much harm in having dudes hopped up on meth cleaning office buildings, so long as anything valuable is bolted down.

Honestly, it's astounding.

OK, so here's another part I don't get. Presumably, "Shift Work Sleep Disorder" basically means you fall asleep at work because you work the night shift. I mean, if you're pulling 9 to 5 and need something like this, you've got other issues.

Who works the night shift?

Hospital workers. Medical issues happen at night too.

Hospital workers. Medical issues happen at night too.

Tell me about it. My wife woke me up at 2:30 AM a couple years ago, we had to hurry and get to the hospital, because she was having contractions and going into labor... :wacko:

Here they are from the website:

What I remember from the ads and was not mentioned in this list was the fact that it is known to be habit forming.

+1

Caught an episode of Dateline recently where they were talking about "bath salts" (which I had not previously heard of) but are apparently now a complete nightmare of a synthetic "drug" that is being abused at an alarming rate. So far, still legal to buy in many places, too. Evidently, its such a long, drawn-out process for the FDA to ban a substance that we have all these "mad scientist" types out there whipping up new concoctions to get people FUBAR. Scary stuff :wacko:

Who works the night shift?

Hotel workers work round the clock, too...you got something against aggressive, hallucinating housekepers?

+1

Caught an episode of Dateline recently where they were talking about "bath salts" (which I had not previously heard of) but are apparently now a complete nightmare of a synthetic "drug" that is being abused at an alarming rate. So far, still legal to buy in many places, too. Evidently, its such a long, drawn-out process for the FDA to ban a substance that we have all these "mad scientist" types out there whipping up new concoctions to get people FUBAR. Scary stuff :wacko:

What I found really astounding is how many kids are toking up this crap and have no idea what it is. Apparently any jackass can whip up some chemicals in his sink and sell it for 80 bucks a jar and kids will buy it and smoke it. At least with Josh Gordon, coke etc you know the risks.

What I found really astounding is how many kids are toking up this crap and have no idea what it is. Apparently any jackass can whip up some chemicals in his sink and sell it for 80 bucks a jar and kids will buy it and smoke it. At least with Josh Gordon, coke etc you know the risks.

yup as soon as they ban it they change the formula and away we go agian.