[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has anyone seen Bridesmaids?

Jackass

I have not seen it but according to my wife, a guy could see it and be okay with it. But it was not the comedy that she thought it would be and it actually was a bit of a downer according to her.

Personally, I go for movies rated better than "be okay with it" unless I am working some angle.

I have not seen it but according to my wife, a guy could see it and be okay with it. But it was not the comedy that she thought it would be and it actually was a bit of a downer according to her.

Personally, I go for movies rated better than "be okay with it" unless I am working some angle.

thanks, if you're wife didn't even like it, that does not bode well for me. i think i'll stay home and watch the u.s. open.

I saw it with my wife and really enjoyed it. I find Kristin Wiig to be hit-and-miss on SNL but I thought she was hilarious in this. There were a couple big scenes definitely geared more toward a male sense of humor. People compared it to "'The Hangover' for women," but I believe it was produced by Judd Apatow and I found it to be in the same vein as "Knocked Up" and those types of movies. I wasn't rolling in the aisles, but I laughed throughout.

I saw it with my wife and really enjoyed it. I find Kristin Wiig to be hit-and-miss on SNL but I thought she was hilarious in this. There were a couple big scenes definitely geared more toward a male sense of humor. People compared it to "'The Hangover' for women," but I believe it was produced by Judd Apatow and I found it to be in the same vein as "Knocked Up" and those types of movies. I wasn't rolling in the aisles, but I laughed throughout.

This, worth a watch, especially if it curries favor with the lady

Saw it with my wife and we were both laughing hard throughout. There was a guy 3 rows in front of us that was making the whole theater laugh because he couldn't control himself and kept repeating what just happened. "Oh man! No she didn't! Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!!". Great movie for anyone even though it's about women.

ETA: Wiig is one of my favorite SNL players from any era and she's never been funnier than in this movie IMO.

Edited by matt770

My wife and I saw it. I heard that it was the female version of The Hangover. That was a very bad description of this movie.

It started out very slow. I spent most of the time wondering when something was going to happen. And then the movie ended without anything ever happening. It was a slow movie.

I will also say that I have always liked Wiig and wanted this to be a good movie. I was disappointed.

Edited by MikesVikes

My wife and I saw it. I heard that it was the female version of The Hangover. That was a very bad description of this movie.

It started out very slow. I spent most of the time wondering when something was going to happen. And then the movie ended without anything ever happening. It was a slow movie.

I will also say that I have always liked Wiig and wanted this to be a good movie. I was disappointed.

A very good description ,,, not the plot but of the type of humor

But I wish I didn't have any pre-conceived notions of the movie. I might have liked it better without the comparison.

I won't disagree but the comparison was given for those who maybe disgusted by the type of vulgar humor

I for one & my wife included thought it was hilarious ( both Bridesmaids & The Hangover )

Now she liked the 2nd hangover movie as much as the first and I didn't think it compared so go figure