[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody ever donate a kidney?

nuke'em ttg

There is nothing more rewarding than donating to somebody. I remember back in college I was always seeking something. Trying to give back to someone in need somehow.

You reflect all of the things you have and others don't and just feel the need to be able to share your fortune with someone else, someone who really could use your assistance. I distinctly remember one night, I met a buddy of mine out at a bar. He was with a couple of people from the CCF (Campus Christian Fellowship) whom I had never met before.

These were some good people, kind of didn't fit the mold of what you think of when pondering what one of these little uptight bible thumpers would be like. We had many conversations on how to help the world, how to drag people out of poverty and how it is in the christian spirit to give, to help those in need.

This is typically a bunch of bunk that I don't agree with, christians claiming this idea of "giving back" as something they developed, rather I see it as something any decent human being should do.

The night progressed and the subject came up about this girl in need. I was talking with them and sitting there it became obvious that this girl really needed some help. So, I took her home and donated some sperm.

One of my friends donated his to his brother-in-law. My friend owns a high end custom landscaping company that does stuff like indoor pools and beautiful decorative stone solutions like retaining walls and driveways. Even with one kidney he is still out there hauling and building. However, his brother-in-law had to take anti rejection drugs and recently (4 days ago) died of cancer. Don't know if anti-rejection drugs increase the risk of cancers or not but figured I'd throw it out there.

I would only donate an organ to my children or my wife. As cold as it may sound to some no one else is worth compromising my live expectancy for. However, blood and bone marrow are a different story and I am an organ donor for when I pass.

On a serious note. A friend of mine donated a kidney to her mom. Both came out fine, the daughter still runs marathons. The recovery was awful, though.

On a serious note. A friend of mine donated a kidney to her mom. Both came out fine, the daughter still runs marathons. The recovery was awful, though.

ya, it's my Mom but i perfer sameday surgery and one of her famous Ham salad sammich for recovery :wacko:

:tup:

Don't wanna risk Ted having complications plus i don't want the my organ is in yer mom smack :wacko:

:lol::rofl:

Seriously. My friend donated his to his Dad late last year and they are both doing fine. My best to your mom.