[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HBO Go

matt770

I'm sure most have heard of this already, but it deserves a thread.

If you have HBO, you have access to HBO Go for free. You can stream tons of movies, and every episode of every HBO series...Sopranos, the Wire, Curb your Enthusiasm, etc etc etc. Extreme awesomeness.

I hear the iPhone app sucks but the regular site is great, no drops or anything. I ran an HDMI cable to my TV and the picture quality is equal to DirecTV. :wacko:

I'm sure most have heard of this already, but it deserves a thread.

If you have HBO, you have access to HBO Go for free. You can stream tons of movies, and every episode of every HBO series...Sopranos, the Wire, Curb your Enthusiasm, etc etc etc. Extreme awesomeness.

I hear the iPhone app sucks but the regular site is great, no drops or anything. I ran an HDMI cable to my TV and the picture quality is equal to DirecTV. :wacko:

It does indeed rock. The IPhone app doesn't suck, it just won't play on a T.V., which is a big letdown.

Do they still show the same 4 movies over and over and over on 8 different channels? My Netflix still laughs at you.

wise words here....I use both VuDu and Netflix...

Netflix is great because I can watch shows like The Twilight Zone or South Park with every episode on tap while VuDu supports my HD fix because it offers the best HD out of all those types of services....the quality is based on your internet speed..

both have a place in my heart and have allowed me to eliminate cable and over-priced packages where I only watch maybe a handful of channels anyways...

Do they still show the same 4 movies over and over and over on 8 different channels? My Netflix still laughs at you.

Most HBO series are not available on Netlix instant. When I was hooked on the Sopranos and the Wire, it sucked having to wait for the discs to come in the mail. With this, every episode is there, and you can queue them up in a watchlist. Only downside is having to walk to my office if I need to pause.

I'm catching up on old Curb your Enthusiasm episodes, f'n hilarious show. Bunch of others I'm going to check out, Treme, Eastbound & Down, True Blood, Game of Thrones, John Adams.

I've never heard of VuDu, can you elaborate?

We disconnected some months back and I configured one of my desktops to stream netflix and record over the air stuff.

Is VuDu primarily for HD reasons or do they offer something else that netflix doesn't?

it's a pay per movie service that allows you to stream or download...the PS3 has it as well as Panasonic HDTV's, Blu-ray players and Home Theater systems.....and I think Sony offers VuDu as well....it's like NetFlix but I find it to cater more towards the HD fanatic if you have a 1080p setup, VuDu offers better quality but at a higher price as NetFlix currently runs me $7.99 monthly while I rented Kill the Irishman the other day on VuDu at HDX quality which ran me $5.99 for that movie alone...

great movie by the way if you like mobster flicks, but the picture quality was outstanding given my internet speed which exceeds 9 MB/s download which guarantees maximum picture quality....a quality that NetFlix can not touch..but both serve a purpose...

$5.99 for a single movie?

yeah...but it's almost Blu-ray quality....and it's for 48 hours....

I'm a HD fanatic and if I think a movie will have really good special effects but don't want to pay $19.99 to own...or rent from Blockbuster, then I rent from VuDu and don't have to worry about returning the movie...

they have cheaper prices, but this is for their "HDX" quality and I have very fast internet, so it's worth it...for me..

wise words here....I use both VuDu and Netflix...

Netflix is great because I can watch shows like The Twilight Zone or South Park with every episode on tap while VuDu supports my HD fix because it offers the best HD out of all those types of services....the quality is based on your internet speed..

+1

I can stream HD 3D flix to my new LG from VUDU...huge amounts of data, and no buffering...it is no doubt the future.

Play Misty for Me

:tup:

My wife's tolerance for filthy propositions delivered in my dead-on Clint voice: :wacko:

I was a broadcast journalism major @ Temple and my teacher was an anchor for KYW news radio in Philly. So, i get the anchor job for our final class project and we go down to KYW to record a 1/2-hour show. When I heard my voice played back to me in-studio I said out loud, "I sound just like Clint Eastwood in Play Misty for Me!" I have a deep, loud voice, but for some reason, as soon as I was on-air recording, my voice got all soft and almost whispery. Too f'n funny!