[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NJ passes landmark public employee bill

Azazello1313

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me when these legislators (who vote on their own salaries and pensions and get the pensions after one term) will cut their own BENEFITS?? Seems like gubment workers are exclusive of the state leaders.

Yuke,

Throw those two small fish back. They're smelling up the boat.

Please tell me when these legislators (who vote on their own salaries and pensions and get the pensions after one term) will cut their own BENEFITS?? Seems like gubment workers are exclusive of the state leaders.

Yuke,

Throw those two small fish back. They're smelling up the boat.

You will get no argument from me.

we agreed in sconny, but that did not matter that is why we are fighting back. even walker says removing collective bargaining will not help[ the state budget but he is doing it anyway because he has been the front man for the movement ordered out of D.C. The new game plan for the republitards is to end unions, cut taxes for the wealthy and screw the middle class even farther into the ground.

For what do unions employ collective bargaining?

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: tosberg34.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder tosberg34

:wacko:

Yes, I put him on my ignore list a couple weeks back. He is only one of two, in the wild world of the huddle for the last 10 years.

work time, sick days, pay scale, termination procedures etc.

edit to add... pension pay, healthcare bennies etc.

So, by banning collective bargaining by state employee unions means that the unions can not try to undue the restrictive measures put in place with regard to co-pays for benefits and salary increases, right? Thus, if they are not allowed to collectively bargain, then they can not overturn the legislation through the collective bargaining procedure. Which, in turn, will allow the state to pay salaries and benefits as outlined under the new legislation and not increase due to threats from the union. Thus, by disallowing collective bargaining one would think that it helps the budget as said budget for public worker's salaries and benefits co-pays can not be increased through this procedure.

work time, sick days, pay scale, termination procedures etc.

edit to add... pension pay, healthcare bennies etc.

every single one of which makes employing those folks more expensive for the state. and yet, you and others persist with this bizarre notion that collective bargaining has nothing whatsoever to do with states' fiscal problems and future fiscal health.

every single one of which makes employing those folks more expensive for the state. and yet, you and others persist with this bizarre notion that collective bargaining has nothing whatsoever to do with states' fiscal problems and future fiscal health.

When you're on the receiving end, you don't care about the consequences or are too blinded to see them. See old people and SS, Medicare, etc.

Because private sector workers don't get vacation, sick days, pay scales and health benefits? Really? Wrong.

Maybe if the public sector had to get out there and earn their pay like the private sector does instead of just showing up for work and deciding how many tax dollars you're going to steal today, you'd have an argument.