[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle Seahawks 5 year deal with Sidney Rice

bushwacked

When I first heard about the Hawks letting Haselbeck go coupled with the Jackson signing, I wasn't too thrilled. Except for the fact that they could possibly be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. But today they signed Gallery and Sid Rice so it looks like they won't be terrible... A healthy o-line of Okung-Gallery-Unger-Moffit-Carpenter looks pretty promising. Sure there will be growing pains but I like that combination of athleticism, youth and grit that they bring. Pete Carroll must have done a number recruiting Rice to come out West, but that's what he does very well!

Rice and Tarvaris are buddies.

I believe Jackson got a bum deal in Minnesota. The young Q.B. had some growing pains, as they all do. Towards the end he had a streak of 4 games were his rating was aboe 100, and that is when they pulled the plug on him and went and got Favre. He may turn out to be nothing, but I think he has been judged far too quickly.

I will say this, though. Tryng to build a winner by raiding the roster of a loser seem a strange way to go. Granted i think Rice is a talent, but the idea of it is funny to me.

I believe Jackson got a bum deal in Minnesota. The young Q.B. had some growing pains, as they all do. Towards the end he had a streak of 4 games were his rating was aboe 100, and that is when they pulled the plug on him and went and got Favre. He may turn out to be nothing, but I think he has been judged far too quickly.

I will say this, though. Tryng to build a winner by raiding the roster of a loser seem a strange way to go. Granted i think Rice is a talent, but the idea of it is funny to me.

Jackson is an athlete trying to play qb. He just doesn't have it.

This is also my assesment of Tavaris.

That next Seahawks QB is going to have a decent young line and some weaponry. The QB position should never be the one that gets neglected, and all you have to do is look at SF if you want to see what happens when you have all the places besides the QB in place, so lets hope the next guy can learn quickly. This offense could be awfully fun about two years from now. Now lets get to work on that terrible defense.

Does it mean that Rice believes T. Jackson is somewhat decent if he was willing to follow him to Seattle?

I dunno. I watched Tavaris play a decent amount and very rarely has he looked like an nfl qb. it's quite puzzling to me that they're paying him a decent amount of money and have named him the starting qb. I assume the people in the Seattle organization watched a lot more film than i have and know a lot more about evaluating qb's than i do, so i very well could be wrong.

I dunno. I watched Tavaris play a decent amount and very rarely has he looked like an nfl qb. it's quite puzzling to me that they're paying him a decent amount of money and have named him the starting qb. I assume the people in the Seattle organization watched a lot more film than i have and know a lot more about evaluating qb's than i do, so i very well could be wrong.

He has the tools athletically speaking, but not the greatest touch and cannot handle pressure...he'd be a great weekend pickup game QB but he should not be a starter in the NFL