[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

F@!$*ng Golf!

Seahawks21

I developed the yips 2 years ago. For some reason I have trouble with my putter and bump and run shots around the green. I am unable to draw the club back to start my stroke. What follows is a jerky, stuttery putt or chip. This developed out of nowhere and it really sucks. I believe it has cost me around 5 strokes per round.

I developed the yips 2 years ago. For some reason I have trouble with my putter and bump and run shots around the green. I am unable to draw the club back to start my stroke. What follows is a jerky, stuttery putt or chip. This developed out of nowhere and it really sucks. I believe it has cost me around 5 strokes per round.

On the practice green get your line and then close your eyes before actually triggering your putt. Don't open them until contact. Heck I know quite a few very good putters that have used this and still do when faced with the yips.

Also remember people, golf is supposed to be fun. I see way too many people who haven't played in awhile or were good at other sports come out and get pissed off at the course, the greenscrew, the pro shop etc. because they couldn't break a 100. Heck barely 10% of all golfers playing break 100 regularly. Most all courses cater to the bogey golfer as we call them. We set our course up that way etc. Yet a few that think they are better than that come out and hack around with some hockey or baseball swing and then blame anything else they can, other than their crappy mechanics. Most only come back if they have complained online about their experience at one of our courses and get a comped round. Go practice if you want to get better, or just re-tee the SOB and drink a beer and enjoy the scenary and comraderie. That is what golf is about to the other 90%, or should be anyway.

Please...You show your true ignorance when it comes to the game of golf. I should not even respond because you don't have a clue. But here goes.

The tips are more than just a few extra yards. More hazards come into play and the angles are different many times from the tips. It has nothing to do with me getting over myself. Again, it's people like you that slow the course down. You and your buddies are not good enough to play from the tips(neither am I). If you are playing from the blues you should be a consistent golfer. Not just one that thinks he hits it far enough to play from the back tees. Even a bogey golfer should not be playing those tees. It must be a manhood thing for you.

The blues were I come from are not the tips, they are one behind the whites and one ahead of the tips - My buddy and I played yesterday in three hours - I shot a 93, he shot an 80. Were just fine thank you.

I just had a long talk with one of my good buddies that I worked with for a few years, and is one of the better players that I know. He seems to think that my equipment is triggering some bad thoughts in my head, the offset in particular. I play r7 irons in the long irons (3,4) and r7 tp in the short irons. He thinks I need to play blades throughout the set, with a more minimal offset. He thinks my mind is telling me that I'm gong to hook the ball at setup. Normally I could see his point, but my stock shot is a high cut. I'm not fighting a hook with any club but the driver. I'm going to try some crappy shoes from spammers VR Pro's this week, but if I can't hit my current more forgiving clubs worth a darn, I don't see how this is going to work. But we'll try.

Sold my set of clubs at a Play it Again Sports in St.Louis a few years back to get gas money to make it back to San Diego. Havn't been on a course since but the urge has started to fester in my belly. In high school I was a 7 handicap with a scholarship offer to the UofOregon but, well, that entire dream faded when I discovered drugs my senior season. Thank god for the Navy :wacko:

I'd really love to venture back onto the course and see just how much of my game is lost forever..probably most of it :tup:

I play for the 43/36-79 I shot yesterday. I might have left 2 or 3 shots out there for my game, so that's as good as it will probably get for me. Tied for the 3rd best round I've had.

I have no false illusions of getting towards scratch - those days of having copius time to do that are over.

You can't force golf - it has to come to you. Same thing as fishing.

Man, I love me some golf, but man, do I suck at it.

This. I typically call it drinking beer in a golf cart. I'm competitive but since I never played golf when young, or was really taught anything, or have ever had much time to practice... it's just recreational to me. More like drinking beer and playing darts.

I played about one/twice a year for the past five years...but this year I have finally started playing more with some new co-workers that are really good golfers...

This past Thursday I got my first birdie...now all I want to do is get new clubs/bag/clothes/hats and play as much as I can!

I played about one/twice a year for the past five years...but this year I have finally started playing more with some new co-workers that are really good golfers...

This past Thursday I got my first birdie...now all I want to do is get new clubs/bag/clothes/hats and play as much as I can!

If you're serious about this, send me a PM before you buy, I'll at least see what kind of price I can get ya.

A golfer has been slicing off the tee on every hole. He asks his Irish caddy

if he has noticed any obvious reasons for his poor tee shots, to which the caddy replies:

"Aye, there's a piece of crap on the end of yer driver."

The golfer picks up his driver and cleans the club face, at which point the caddy says:

"No, the other end.

A golfer has been slicing off the tee on every hole. He asks his Irish caddy

if he has noticed any obvious reasons for his poor tee shots, to which the caddy replies:

"Aye, there's a piece of crap on the end of yer driver."

The golfer picks up his driver and cleans the club face, at which point the caddy says:

"No, the other end.

:wacko: Predictable but still funny.