[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Beanie Wells pre-season hype thread

JUMbotron

@ChrisWesseling

Coach Ken Whisenhunt on the #Cardinals backfield: "Clearly [beanie Wells] is the guy. ... This is what he wanted."

11 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Chris is with NBCSports.com and this tweet makes my stomach turn like Tatum Bell/DeShaun Foster did....:wacko: The departure of Tim Hightower leaves Beanie and rookie Ryan Williams pretty much alone.

Discuss.

I'll never own Beanie the Weanie but if he can stay healthy, and thats a HUGH if, he presents high upside RB#2 material. You can probably get him in the 5th/6th rounds right now but after the Hightower trade I'm pretty sure he doesn't slip past the 4th. I'll pass.

I have him in a keeper league and assumed I would be letting him go. Him now being "the guy" and Kolb at QB changes......not a hell of a lot in my mind. It's difficult for me to trust a player after he's burned me once.

I said this would happen as long ago as mid 2010 season. I own him in several leagues. People equate his performance, or lack there of, from his 2009 - 2010 season. When he had the ball in 2009, he performed fairly well with some issues, not out of the ordinary for a rookie player. His 2010 season was nothing more than a "we are rebuilding. Get him fixed and ready for 2011"

The Cards then lose their star QB. At this point, they know they are in a recontruction phases of this team. They kept the team as compeditive as they could, not to injure players who were meant to be corner stones of this building team. They worked on Wells knee, knowing he would not need to perform. They brought in some nice talent. Having a good or even capable QB will make a HUGE difference for Wells.

Anyone remember Troy Aikman his first year as a starter? They were about to string that boy up.

I said this would happen as long ago as mid 2010 season. I own him in several leagues. People equate his performance, or lack there of, from his 2009 - 2010 season. When he had the ball in 2009, he performed fairly well with some issues, not out of the ordinary for a rookie player. His 2010 season was nothing more than a "we are rebuilding. Get him fixed and ready for 2011"

The Cards then lose their star QB. At this point, they know they are in a recontruction phases of this team. They kept the team as compeditive as they could, not to injure players who were meant to be corner stones of this building team. They worked on Wells knee, knowing he would not need to perform. They brought in some nice talent. Having a good or even capable QB will make a HUGE difference for Wells.

Anyone remember Troy Aikman his first year as a starter? They were about to string that boy up.

Ever have that one friend who is dating the "girl of his dreams"? Only everbody but him knows she is a bitch and a slut. You try to tell your friend that she is no good but he will have none of it, deciding to instead, abandon his friendships for a love that will never work. It's painful to watch...

And don't even think about it...its not even in the same universe.

I'll never own Beanie the Weanie but if he can stay healthy, and thats a HUGH if, he presents high upside RB#2 material. You can probably get him in the 5th/6th rounds right now but after the Hightower trade I'm pretty sure he doesn't slip past the 4th. I'll pass.

ageed. I've had Beanie the Weanie for 2 years now (and Im a Michigan fan!) Never again. Even with Hightower out of the picture, the Cards drafted another RB for a reason....thanks but no thanks.

I still like the talent. I'll gladly take him as my #3 RB if he falls, or my #2 if I get all my other positions first. He should at the very least get quite a few TD's.

Especially with TH gone, he gets al theGL work. I'd imagine 15+ TD's this year.

Ever have that one friend who is dating the "girl of his dreams"? Only everbody but him knows she is a bitch and a slut. You try to tell your friend that she is no good but he will have none of it, deciding to instead, abandon his friendships for a love that will never work. It's painful to watch...

And don't even think about it...its not even in the same universe.

Sure it is... It reminds me of that guy waiting out a hot chick's relationship with someone else. He knows that if she just moved on from this jackass, then he could have her all to himself, but it never ever happens... Painful to watch indeed :wacko:

Edited by delusions of granduer

Sure it is... It reminds me of that guy waiting out a hot chick's relationship with someone else. He knows that if she just moved on from this jackass, then he could have her all to himself, but it never ever happens... Painful to watch indeed :wacko:

Except she is super, super hot

I can't cover and absorb everything about every player so I'll just admit I've seen little to nothing of Ryan Williams. I need to see him carry the ball against a 1st-string defense in preseason, even if just a few snaps.

Playing devil's advocate, I will mention that Beanie endured a torn meniscus in the preseason finale last year. That's gonna ruin most player's seasons.

Playing devil's advocate, I will mention that Beanie endured a torn meniscus in the preseason finale last year. That's gonna ruin most player's seasons.

The injury wasn't nearly as devastating as the fact that they didn't say a single word about it for 2 weeks.

Agreed. Actually with guys like Wells, Moreno, and Torain, I circle them in red on my cheat sheet -- and only draft them if they fall ridiculously low.

Except for Fred Taylor, who I bit on every year early because I was in love with his talent.

• 2 weeks later...