[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early start this year

SLAYER

Just the opposite for me. I love everything Phillip Rivers. The guy is fiery, a competitor and the guy can move the chains. There's not a guy I'd rather have in my huddle.

I agree. He's no punk. Besides being a very good QB he does tons of community work and is always a respectful interviewee who gives thoughtful responses.

I agree. He's no punk. Besides being a very good QB he does tons of community work and is always a respectful interviewee who gives thoughtful responses.

Unlike Slayer, for example. :wacko:

just do, his whole body language and all screams flucking punk.

knew one oh these was going to pop up eventually so decided to get it out the way.

I concur, though my judgment is clouded by the fact that he plays for the Chargers. I do wonder why he seems to get a free pass regarding post season failure while Tony Romo gets slammed constantly. I guess the hate for the Cowboys is stronger? Seriously, Rivers may seem like the guy you want in the huddle, but what's he ever won?

I love all the Rivers hate. The guy is a true gamer.....no doubt about it. He talks SHAM WOW! and (gone are the days of him barking across the field at Cutler :wacko: ) and I love it. yeah...I love it...for the team leader to be talking junk tells me something...this kid can back up the trash. I can't wait to see him and the Bolts on the field...scoring on youre ass at will.

I concur, though my judgment is clouded by the fact that he plays for the Chargers. I do wonder why he seems to get a free pass regarding post season failure while Tony Romo gets slammed constantly. I guess the hate for the Cowboys is stronger? Seriously, Rivers may seem like the guy you want in the huddle, but what's he ever won?

its still a team game. its not like he's ever cost us a playoff win. maybe if Antonio Cromartie would have made one tackle it would have made all the difference. or if Nate Kaeding could hit one important FG.

its still a team game. its not like he's ever cost us a playoff win. maybe if Antonio Cromartie would have made one tackle it would have made all the difference. or if Nate Kaeding could hit one important FG.

THIS... especially the FG part. All the QB can do is get you set up, the K must finish the job.

I like Rivers, he seems to be a true leader ont he team and gets it done for his part...

At least Rivers has gotten his team to the Conf. Championship game. If my memory serves me right he played that game with a TORN ACL!!!

What else does this guy have to do to get respect? It doesn't matter really, because you know the players in the Chargers lockeroom respect the hell out of him.

I just don't get the Rivers hate. He's one of the best in the biz. If he couldn't back up his trash talking with his play that's one thing, but he backs it up ever freakin' week.

At least Rivers has gotten his team to the Conf. Championship game. If my memory serves me right he played that game with a TORN ACL!!!

What else does this guy have to do to get respect? It doesn't matter really, because you know the players in the Chargers lockeroom respect the hell out of him.

I just don't get the Rivers hate. He's one of the best in the biz. If he couldn't back up his trash talking with his play that's one thing, but he backs it up ever freakin' week.

All I am saying is that the guy hasn't won anything yet just like Tony Romo, yet gets zero blame when his team loses. It's like how Peyton Manning couldn't beat anyone in the playoffs except the Broncos for the longest time. Seems like Rivers beats the Colts but not really anyone else. And yes it is a team game, but the QB is the leader of that team typically and should get his share of blame when his team loses a close one. The Chargers are the Colts lite from prior to 2006, but the difference is that Manning took heat for his playoff losses.

All I am saying is that the guy hasn't won anything yet just like Tony Romo, yet gets zero blame when his team loses. It's like how Peyton Manning couldn't beat anyone in the playoffs except the Broncos for the longest time. Seems like Rivers beats the Colts but not really anyone else. And yes it is a team game, but the QB is the leader of that team typically and should get his share of blame when his team loses a close one. The Chargers are the Colts lite from prior to 2006, but the difference is that Manning took heat for his playoff losses.

It's not that he lost, it is the way that he lost. If Romo didn't keep inventing new ways to choke away playoff games, he probably wouldn't be looked at in the same light that he is. Game on the line extra point, Romo botches it. Crunch time...wide open LB...Romo hits him square in the chest. Crunch time, Romo fumbles again, etc, etc, etc....