[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't go out and buy a PS3 just yet

Patriots

My buddy called DTV yesterday to see if he could get the $50 deal for PS3 as he already subscribes to the Ticket and the people at DTV had no idea what he was talkin about. They even went and got a supervisor who told hiim they have never heard of the PS3 deal.

http://www.screendigest.com/news/2011_08_d...nsole/view.html

It's slightly more expensive to get Sunday Ticket through your PS3 than Direct TV, but if you have DTV already you can use your PS3 to get your Sunday Ticket. Why it would matter which one you're using, I don't know. I guess if you didn't have DTV and wanted Sunday Ticket then you could use it, but good luck trying ot get a deal on your PS3 sunday ticket when no one on the phone knows what you're talking about. Seems like DTV is just trying to get more people to use Sunday Ticket so they can make more money. Hope this helps.

The other confusing part of this deal is if its for anyone with a PS3 or for people that do not have access to get a dish and have a PS3. One thing I read was that the NFL is mandating that DTV make this availalble to a wider audience by 2012. And the other story I am getting is that sunday ticket basically prints money for DTV so this deal with Sony makes no sense for DTV.

I have a PS3 - Would not get a dish and am on the fence about paying $350 for the package.

Also, to answer the question above. Its $50 extra to get this on your PS3 in additiion to having sunday ticket on DTV. Without DTV its $350.

There was an annoucement but no real facts to go with it. And its so close to the season I would be amazed if Sony can pull this off glitch free by week 1.

A little confused here. It sounded like you could only get the ticket on a ps3 if directTV was not available to purchase where you live? So if you like your cable and don't want directTV but it is available you are out of luck and can't get the ticket through the ps3? IHow could they enforce that?

A little confused here. It sounded like you could only get the ticket on a ps3 if directTV was not available to purchase where you live? So if you like your cable and don't want directTV but it is available you are out of luck and can't get the ticket through the ps3? IHow could they enforce that?

All the press releases I have read make it seem like this is for anyone with a PS3. Unless everyone is just forgetting the fine print which I cannot find anywhere.

I just called Sony and it is indeed only for people who cannot get access to a dish because of where they live. If you look at twitter it is blowing up with people that think all you need is a broadband connection and a PS3. Sony told me they were going to put something up on their website to clafity this. This is an example of the internet running away with a rumor and forgetting to include the fine print.

When does directTV's monopoly on the ticket end? I'm still looking forward to the day I can buy a team pass to watch all of my teams games through my cable package. I think 99 dollars would be a fair price pt. Of course less would be better.

2014. They paid $4B for 4 years. So its roughly $1B a year. They overpaid as by itself you would take a loss on this. I think they have 2M subscribers to Sunday ticket.

I just called Sony and it is indeed only for people who cannot get access to a dish because of where they live.

So people living what, at the South Pole, where it is physically impossible to get a clear view of the southern sky?

In all seriousness, how is this defined? Legal/license factors only? If someone is in a dorm that can't pop a dish on the roof can they get this?

So people living what, at the South Pole, where it is physically impossible to get a clear view of the southern sky?

In all seriousness, how is this defined? Legal/license factors only? If someone is in a dorm that can't pop a dish on the roof can they get this?

Its all very confusing right now. Some people on message boards are sayng they called DTV and they told them it was for anyone with a PS3 and a broadband hookup. I called Sony and they told me otherwise. I am not sure how they would be able to tell what the line of sight is from my house? I guess there are supposedly areas in the US where you can't get a dish. Yes a dorm room would be one example.

Signups supposdly start on Sept 6th and its run by Sony through the PSN networlk.

I think I'm going to spring the $30 or whatever for the redzone channel on cable. Worth it?

I've watched that at a couple of my buddy's houses and its pretty awesome...if I recall there were no ads which makes it nice right off the bat, and it shows basically all the exciting stuff from every game in close to real time. Pretty nice

I think I'm going to spring the $30 or whatever for the redzone channel on cable. Worth it?

Not in my opinion. Game Mix is much more compelling - 8 channels on the screen at once and you select which one you want sound to. You can see who's in the Red Zone from there and just go to that game if you want, and you see big plays as they happen.

Not in my opinion. Game Mix is much more compelling - 8 channels on the screen at once and you select which one you want sound to. You can see who's in the Red Zone from there and just go to that game if you want, and you see big plays as they happen.

It's also over 8 times the price or a 2 year-deal with Dish Network...

For those who that doesn't apply to, yes, I LOVED having Redzone last year... Really ideal for a 2nd TV to peak over at while you watch your preferred FOX/CBS on the main TV, and also great to watch instead if you couldn't care less about the game they're airing on the networks. No commercials is a god-send compared to normal NFL games.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Don't know what you guys are talking about. I called up DirecTV and told them that I was cancelling my subscription because I was unhappy about the PS3 rumors. Within 15 minutes a black Hummer limo pulls up in front of my house. Faith Hill got out, and handed me a brand new PS3 and gave me two years of the ticket free on it. She also told me DTV was knocking $10 a month off my bill.

If you guys call support and get the right agent, I'm sure you can get a similar deal. Still think I should have held out for more, though. Maybe next year, I'll call them back and see if I can do better.