[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what to do with CJ

hollywood_69

#1: He'll sign. This week.

#2: He will not be ready for the season

#3. No camp. No offseason work. New HC. New QB. I'm not touching him with a 10 foot pole, even with his rushing schedule.

I hope, but I think this puppy is gonna be the mutha of all holdouts. The irresistible force (CJ) meets an immovable object (Bud's wallet).

You see, all organizations spend... but only a handful truly pay. The Colts, Steelers, they pay. So they win. The Titans don't pay anymore, so they lose. The Bengals don't pay and they lose too.

How many players have come off a long hold out (extending all the way up to and/or into the season) and performed as expected? How many of those players suffered injuries that year as a result of being out of football shape?

I'd rather let somebody else have that headache.

My local is later tonight and I have the 10th overall pick ... if he's there I don't intend to take him.

How many players have come off a long hold out (extending all the way up to and/or into the season) and performed as expected? How many of those players suffered injuries that year as a result of being out of football shape?

I'd rather let somebody else have that headache.

My local is later tonight and I have the 10th overall pick ... if he's there I don't intend to take him.

Emmitt Smith had a pretty good return after a hold out that included some brief time missed during the season, but you are correct that there are not many and I cannot think of any others.

Not that it's "football shape", but from what I understand, CJ is a workout beast and has not been sitting on his ass this whole time.

Secondly, the same source said that, while they changed elements the offense, they left the running program largely intact.

More importantly, I'm beginning to think that Harper, rather than Ringer is really the guy worth having to handcuff. Ringer can't seem to get on the field this pre-season.

I had the #11 in a 12 team. At 11 I took Johnson. Too hard to pass on him at that point. Only problem is waiting on him now. :wacko: I also got McFaddden, Hightower, Spiller and Jennings. Lets hope this contract gets signed sooner rather than later.

Edited by BigTen

Appearing on NFL Network's Total Access, Michael Lombardi said Tuesday that the Titans are "ready to make the offer" that will get Chris Johnson to report for practice.

Lombardi characterized the Titans' approach as "very aggressive" because they want to get a deal done this week. After finalizing Michael Vick's contract, agent Joel Segal has his full attention on a new contract for Johnson. According to Lombardi, there hasn't been any hostility, "they've opened up the bank vault," and "it looks like they're going to pay him." Lombardi believes it's "not too optimistic" to expect a new deal this weekend.

Looks like he'll be on the field week one , and I hope they sit him too, give him a week to practice and strengthen up to prevent a injury. Landed him at 1.12 , so if all goes well, it's a very nice deal.

Just like the NFL season, CJ will sign and be on the field for week 1 and should be drafted accordingly. However, the time he's missed does give me cause for concern when it comes to injuries.