[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster Dinged vs. 49ers!

KOKIDKOKID

Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Saturday night that he is "hopeful" Arian Foster (hamstring) will be ready for Week 1.

Kubiak did confirm Foster's latest hamstring injury is to the same leg (left) that cost him 11 days of camp earlier this month. "We don’t think it’s anything worse than what we were dealing with before," Kubiak insisted. "I’m just hoping... he’ll be ready for opening day." Kubiak did not list Foster as one of the Texans' biggest injury concerns after the game. It's a situation to monitor for a top-two fantasy pick, but ultimately not a big worry.

My question is: how far from the tree does the apple fall? In other words, Kubiak comes from the Mike Shanagan's coaching tree. If Foster can't go, and the injury ultimately lingers for a few weeks, say 3 regular season games, and Tate lights it up those three weeks, does Foster get his job back?

Got draft tuesday and while I love Foster , I can imagine taking him with the #2 pick. Good chance he misses week one leaving the door open for Tate to atleast make it a committee. Cant we all rememeber how quick Kubiack abandoned Steve Slaton and Dominic Davis. and these were top running backs at the time. Taking Foster is probally riskier then taking CJ now. Just watched sports center and they said they "hoped" Foster would be ready for week 1 and Foster might need to rest his Hammy for a bit. Just as good chance he misses multiple games , ya never know. Alot of risk for the top 3 picks. I say the top guys now are AP and Ray Rice and Charles.

Edited by damageinc

My question is: how far from the tree does the apple fall? In other words, Kubiak comes from the Mike Shanagan's coaching tree. If Foster can't go, and the injury ultimately lingers for a few weeks, say 3 regular season games, and Tate lights it up those three weeks, does Foster get his job back?

I would think so. It would be different if Foster wasn't lighting it up and Tate comes in out of nowhere. I think it is still very safe to take foster at 123, but I would probably take tate a little earlier than expected. Foster is a very good running back but the system/talent helps out a ton. I do not think if you are switching btw foster and tate through the season b/c of injury you will see a large drop in production. Tate has look good in his limited action.

Having both, I just hope that they don't rush Foster back. Tate has looked great and looks like he could put up great numbers in that scheme. I just don't want to start Foster, thinking he's going that week, and then have him come out of the game in the 1st quarter.

Arian Foster (hamstring) tweeted on Sunday morning that he expects to be ready for Week 1.

"For those sincerely concerned, I'm doing ok and plan to be back by opening day," he said. Texans HC Gary Kubiak confirmed that Foster is dealing with an aggravation of his earlier hamstring injury, and said his star running back never "really got loose and got going" last night. He believes the chilly San Francisco weather may have been a factor. Any injury for a top-two overall player is a concern, but Foster should ultimately be no worse for the wear.