[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nate Burleson

joeAMMO

Whats going on yall, first time poster here, and I plan to post quite a bit. I have a quick opinion question, how does everyone feel about Nate Burleson? He has been performing well in the pre season with multiple catches in every game and atleast 1 TD in each preseason game also. Is it too early to commit him to a roster spot/ possible starter or do you think he is simply being over shadowed by Megatron. I understand the Lions have a lot to prove before teams and NFL fans start respecting them as a franchise, but I feel he would be a good value reciever especially in a PPR league, I feel C Johnson will draw a lot of double teams and Burleson will only benefit from that. What are yalls opinion? Thanks

Joe

I would expect similar numbers from Burleson this year if it wasn't for the presence of Lions 2nd round pick Titus Young. Young hasn't played much this year due to an injury that isn't serious. But when Young does take the field, he will be the WR3 and he may even supplant Burleson as the WR2 before the end of the year.

Therefore, I expect that Burleson's numbers will drop.

It doesn't have anything to do with Johnson.

Burleson has gotten looks by Stafford no? For sure draftable, like his upside a lot, especially in that offense.

With Young around, Burleson's "upside" is minimal. Last year, he had 55 625 6. Young will take receptions away from Burleson, not Johnson.

If Young doesn't recover from his hamstring injury, I would expect Burleson's numbers to increase as long as Stafford is playing. So I suppose that he has upside in that scenario.

I just rostered him based off the potential that i think is there, all my other positions are covered just fine so i figured why not atleast give a sort of trial period, and if he turns out to be a bust no big deal but if he turns out to be continuing to produce points then he will already be on my roster. Thanks for the advice, everyone brought up good points.

With Young around, Burleson's "upside" is minimal. Last year, he had 55 625 6. Young will take receptions away from Burleson, not Johnson.

If Young doesn't recover from his hamstring injury, I would expect Burleson's numbers to increase as long as Stafford is playing. So I suppose that he has upside in that scenario.

Yeah but you're talking about a rookie WR - who historically don't contribute much - who has had less time on the practice field because of lock-out and injury. Burleson is still youngish (29) and has been getting the love from Stafford in the pre-season. Barring something exceptional from Young, I don't think we should worry about him eating into Burleson's numbers. Has Young played at all yet or practiced?

A couple things about Young, first that he is primarily a deep threat which makes the hamstring injury even more of a concern. Second, he's a rookie and I highly doubt he supplants Burleson as a starter.

Burleson's numbers last year are misleading, because the problems at quarterback. And the Lions can not run the ball, and haven't been able to for years. I actually think there's a decent chance that the Lions have two 1,000 yard WRs this year. I can see Stafford flirting with 4,000 yards this year if he stays healthy.

A couple things about Young, first that he is primarily a deep threat which makes the hamstring injury even more of a concern. Second, he's a rookie and I highly doubt he supplants Burleson as a starter.

Burleson's numbers last year are misleading, because the problems at quarterback. And the Lions can not run the ball, and haven't been able to for years. I actually think there's a decent chance that the Lions have two 1,000 yard WRs this year. I can see Stafford flirting with 4,000 yards this year if he stays healthy.

I agree.

Burleson is a nice player but has a history of getting injured when he is used a lot. With a healthy QB Stafford this will be a good offense. But Burleson will be the 4th person in line that Stafford looks to. Burleson will be behind WR Calvin Johnson, TE Brandon Pettigrew, and RB Best. Nice player, but I don't know of any player thats 4th in line of quarterback targets that has is relevant in fantasy football.