[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lance Moore - Homers chime in

MrTed46

With this I agree, but to say he will pick up Bush's receptions is wrong. Two different subject areas.

I agree as well and I'm going to get off on a tangent here but I'll explain my thinking. If Graham hurts anyone's numbers it will be Dave Thomas, but I doubt even that. Between Graham & Shockey last year there were 72 receptions, 765 yards & 8 TDs. That's a heck of a lot of receptions for the TE position & I think the touches actually drop for him, however the yardage should increase and the TD's could range between 8-10. For those looking at Graham in their draft, that would put him in the top 3... stellar return for his ADP.

Now, you might say that argument bodes well for the WRs and it does, but I see those touches going more towards Meach & going on the ground.

Don't get me wrong, I like Moore a ton and the Saints offense is much,much better with him on the field and I do think he'll have a small jump in production with Bush gone. However I really think the emergence of Robert Meachem will limit Moore's upside potential. Colston will be Colston, injury aside he's going to get his including Brees looking for that huge target in the end zone. Sprinkle in Devery Henderson and the RBs and the TEs and you're not looking at enough touches to go around to warrant bumping him up too much. Not to mention the fact that the Saints want to run the ball more this year... While I do agree his ADP is a bit low I would temper your expectations.

Has Meachem really emerged? It seems like Meachem under-achieves and I know he's still young enough but that's my perception. I've owned Moore over the last few years as a great bench WR with upside and when healthy he always surprises in a good way. While Meachem seems to hover around 50 receptions, Moore seems to hover around 70 when healthy. Sure Meachem has the higher ypc but Moore gets TDs and seems to be trusted more by Brees. I guess we'll see.

FWIW, I have Moore on my dynasty league and will be targeting him as my #4 WR in the rest of my re-drafts.

Has Meachem really emerged? It seems like Meachem under-achieves and I know he's still young enough but that's my perception. I've owned Moore over the last few years as a great bench WR with upside and when healthy he always surprises in a good way. While Meachem seems to hover around 50 receptions, Moore seems to hover around 70 when healthy. Sure Meachem has the higher ypc but Moore gets TDs and seems to be trusted more by Brees. I guess we'll see.

FWIW, I have Moore on my dynasty league and will be targeting him as my #4 WR in the rest of my re-drafts.

I see Moore more as an outlet receiver for Brees, which is great because his production will always be pretty good. But I think the Saints want to get down field more this year like they did in 09 and that benefits the other WRs more, namely Meachem. Last year the deep ball wasn't there as much & that had more to do with the suffering running game than anything else. When the running game is clicking then the Saints will use more play-action which will open up the deep routes.

I see Moore more as an outlet receiver for Brees, which is great because his production will always be pretty good. But I think the Saints want to get down field more this year like they did in 09 and that benefits the other WRs more, namely Meachem. Last year the deep ball wasn't there as much & that had more to do with the suffering running game than anything else. When the running game is clicking then the Saints will use more play-action which will open up the deep routes.

So in your opinion, is Meachem the real deal? I just can't get a read on him. He seems to show up just enough to make you notice him but never enough to make him draftable - at least for me. Do you see Meachem as the future go-to-guy in New Orleans?

This year should spill the beans for Meachem. If he hovers around his same stats, I think we'll finally be able to label him as below average. If he can break 60 catches for nearly 1,000 yards I'll be more optimistic on him in future years. I just have my doubts but I've been wrong before, albeit not often :wacko:

Don't get me wrong, I like Moore a ton and the Saints offense is much,much better with him on the field and I do think he'll have a small jump in production with Bush gone. However I really think the emergence of Robert Meachem will limit Moore's upside potential. Colston will be Colston, injury aside he's going to get his including Brees looking for that huge target in the end zone. Sprinkle in Devery Henderson and the RBs and the TEs and you're not looking at enough touches to go around to warrant bumping him up too much. Not to mention the fact that the Saints want to run the ball more this year... While I do agree his ADP is a bit low I would temper your expectations.

We've been talking about the "emergence of Meachem" for years now... there's always a new story/ twist to give hope... I'm not going to wait around for it.

So in your opinion, is Meachem the real deal? I just can't get a read on him. He seems to show up just enough to make you notice him but never enough to make him draftable - at least for me. Do you see Meachem as the future go-to-guy in New Orleans?

This year should spill the beans for Meachem. If he hovers around his same stats, I think we'll finally be able to label him as below average. If he can break 60 catches for nearly 1,000 yards I'll be more optimistic on him in future years. I just have my doubts but I've been wrong before, albeit not often :wacko:

I'll go on record and say yes he's the real deal as long as he has Drew Brees under center. I think Meachem is what they've wanted out of Devery Henderson all these years, but up until now they haven't fully trusted him along with some nagging injuries. Therefore he's always taken a back seat to Henderson and has remained inconsistent. I think this is the year he establishes himself over Henderson & the increased production to the WRs I referred to earlier will favor him. As a go-to-guy, you can't really say that about any Saints WR. They are all go-to-guys per se' with the way they spread the ball around. But if you're looking for the player who can get you 100+ yards a game even when he's only bringing in a relatively low number of receptions then he's going to be your guy. I'm certain he'll break 1,000 yds, now whether you'll see as much of an upswing in TD production I just don't know because with the other weapons Brees has I think the majority of Meachem's TDs will come from the 20+ yd range and individually that doesn't occur as often.

The "dink and dunk" offenses, like the Pats and Saints, are going to make their way down the field in a methodical fashion this season with the new kickoff rule. Therefore, guys like Moore, Welker, etc. are going to have a crapload of catches. Just my opinion, and we'll see if it pans out.

I'll go on record and say yes he's the real deal as long as he has Drew Brees under center. I think Meachem is what they've wanted out of Devery Henderson all these years, but up until now they haven't fully trusted him along with some nagging injuries. Therefore he's always taken a back seat to Henderson and has remained inconsistent. I think this is the year he establishes himself over Henderson & the increased production to the WRs I referred to earlier will favor him. As a go-to-guy, you can't really say that about any Saints WR. They are all go-to-guys per se' with the way they spread the ball around. But if you're looking for the player who can get you 100+ yards a game even when he's only bringing in a relatively low number of receptions then he's going to be your guy. I'm certain he'll break 1,000 yds, now whether you'll see as much of an upswing in TD production I just don't know because with the other weapons Brees has I think the majority of Meachem's TDs will come from the 20+ yd range and individually that doesn't occur as often.

Excellent man... I just traded for this guy in a dynasty for some depth with upside(#4/5 WR).

Thanks for the info.