[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lance Moore - Homers chime in

MrTed46

What do the Saints homers think of him? He can be had at a pretty good spot in most drafts and he is someone I find getting in almost all my leagues but can't really say why.

Will he be a focal part of the offense?

With Reggie Bush gone, I expect Moore and Sproles to pick up the pieces.

Despite a groin injury that could in fact linger, I think he's the best Saint WR to own. Colston has the potential to disappear too often and is on two surgically-repaired knees.

I expect his receptions to be in the 80-90 range and may approach or exceed the 1,000 yard mark.

With Reggie Bush gone, I expect Moore and Sproles to pick up the pieces.

Despite a groin injury that could in fact linger, I think he's the best Saint WR to own. Colston has the potential to disappear too often and is on two surgically-repaired knees.

I expect his receptions to be in the 80-90 range and may approach or exceed the 1,000 yard mark.

That's tremendous value for where you can land him if that't the case

I'm a homer and the buzz mostly comes from the thought that he'll get Reggie Bush's looks in the passing game boosting his value. Added to the knee injuries that Colston has dealt with. All I know is that when Moore is on the field, Brees seems to be looking his way often and Moore always seems to make the play.

It's really hard to say because they do spread the ball around so much. You have the emergence of a new weapon in Jimmy Graham. I drafted Moore with my first pick in my keeper league, which equivalates into a 7th rounder, and I plan to see how the offense shapes up week one before I put him in my lineup.

What do the Saints homers think of him? He can be had at a pretty good spot in most drafts and he is someone I find getting in almost all my leagues but can't really say why.

no nothing to see here move along, move along.

In all seriousness he will be a vital part of the O. and yes his ADP is nice, which I believe he will outperform. He is the one Saint reciever, who never gets double teamed, that is NOT dependent on the long ball. He is always in the mix and quite frankly is becoming Brees "go to guy" . I would not be suprised if he leads all Saints in receptions at the end of the year. Value greater in PPR leagues.

That's tremendous value for where you can land him if that't the case

Heck, he had 66 last season, and 95 targets. He was consistently around 8 targets/game, which is outstanding, especially in this kind of offense.

Considering Colston's penchant for injury and Bush being gone, I think he's a big-time value pick this season.

Sure, Sproles will get a lot of the Bush looks, but I think Moore will as well.

I am a big saints fan and i can tell looking at the past that Colston has struggled with injuries an he is battleing thru one now. Moore will have a solid year because Colston will have injuries to work thru and Bress has created chemistry with Moore that is undeniable. He will be the Saints #2 reciever and is sneaking up to the #1 spot. Check out my post as Tigabait

:wacko:

How and why?

This is what Graham did against the Raiders in a half of football...

Jimmy Graham caught five passes on eight targets for 73 yards against the Raiders in third preseason game.

The performance in just one half solidified our opinion that the breakout candidate is a top-seven fantasy tight end with monster upside. The Saints moved Graham around in a combination of routes and alignments reminiscent of Jermichael Finley in Green Bay. At a legit 6'6/260 with 4.5 wheels, Graham is a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.

If the premise is that someone is going to gain form Bush's departure, here's a freshly minted weapon thrown into the mix, and Graham's going to be getting the best match ups in the secondary. Brees has never had the luxury of a fine TE in NO, but he's familiar with what how to use one and what can be accomplished from his time with Gates.

If the premise is that someone is going to gain form Bush's departure, here's a freshly minted weapon thrown into the mix, and Graham's going to be getting the best match ups in the secondary. Brees has never had the luxury of a fine TE in NO, but he's familiar with what how to use one and what can be accomplished from his time with Gates.

Hehe you funny man

1) Moore did not play.

2) Unless you lived under a rock last year, Graham was in the mix last year the last 6 games, not that freshly minted

3) The TE has always been used in NO, this will not be new to Brees

So, no Graham will not benefit from Bush's departure

So just because the guy tore up your putrid Raiders' D in a pre-season game - a game Moore sat out - he's a shoo-in to benefit from Bush's departure? :wacko: OK!

Graham appears to be a BEAST and Brees was looking for him all over the place in the Raiders game.

Would love to snag him or Owen Daniels in the 7th round of my 12 team PPR. I'll let everyone else overbid for the usual suspects.

Sproles is obviously getting the Bush work, Lance Moore will benefit too. Graham will have a big year mainly because he's the only TE now and a physical specimen. Should be a good year all around for New Orleans players but Brees likes to spread it around so much you never know who is going to have a big game.

IMO Graham will be picking up Bush's slack.

He was incredible against the Raiders the other night... he run's and moves like a WR when you watching him play... except he's huge and long...

thats what she said. :wacko:

Hey, it's possible that Moore will have a big bump in production... it's JMO that Graham is extremely talented, but a talent that can actually produce, particularly with a QB like Brees throwing to him. He's just now taking his place in that offense. I happen to think the sky's the limit for the guy.

I respect eveyone's opinion, but some of this doesn't make much sense...

Hehe you funny man

1) Moore did not play.

Yeah, it's just pre season too, but Moore's presence wasn't really the point. What impressed me was how they moved him all over the field, and watching him run through the secondary, making alotta impressive receptions

2) Unless you lived under a rock last year, Graham was in the mix last year the last 6 games, not that freshly minted.

Last year he was a rookie that had one season of college football experience... soo I'd say he's about as freshly minted an NFL TE as you can get, yet the other day he was sensational.

3) The TE has always been used in NO, this will not be new to Brees.

They got Kevin Boss-type production form the position, but they've never had a weapon like Graham there either... and of course they've always had Bush to dump the ball off too.

So, no Graham will not benefit from Bush's departure. You could be right...

Don't get me wrong, I like Moore a ton and the Saints offense is much,much better with him on the field and I do think he'll have a small jump in production with Bush gone. However I really think the emergence of Robert Meachem will limit Moore's upside potential. Colston will be Colston, injury aside he's going to get his including Brees looking for that huge target in the end zone. Sprinkle in Devery Henderson and the RBs and the TEs and you're not looking at enough touches to go around to warrant bumping him up too much. Not to mention the fact that the Saints want to run the ball more this year... While I do agree his ADP is a bit low I would temper your expectations.

Hey, it's possible that Moore will have a big bump in production... it's JMO that Graham is extremely talented, but a talent that can actually produce, particularly with a QB like Brees throwing to him. He's just now taking his place in that offense. I happen to think the sky's the limit for the guy.

I respect eveyone's opinion, but some of this doesn't make much sense...

With this I agree, but to say he will pick up Bush's receptions is wrong. Two different subject areas.

With this I agree, but to say he will pick up Bush's receptions is wrong. Two different subject areas.

I was going along with the theory that someone's production will rise significantly this season, whether it be from Bush's departure is secondary... my bad

Looking at Bush's production, it's not much anyway, particularly with Sproles running around... maybe the entire premise of someone outside the backfield benefiting in any significant way, strictly from Bush's departure, is flawed...?

Just a thought after considering the information in this thread...

Edited by byron2112